Force NDSU to move up

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

QRS
New Recruit

Re: Force NDSU to move up

Post by QRS » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:51 am

NDSU is very quiet about future plans for their athletic programs.
But the amount of money spent on athletic facilities says a lot.
The last decade or so more money has been spent in Fargo and at NDSU then Trump got for his Border Wall.
There is no end to the amount of money they have access to.
Posts on here talk about how the State of Minnesota just seem to hand NDSU everything.
The U of Saint Thomas story is an example of how strange things are. Kicked out of there conference by the College Presidents. Allowed to jump up 2 divisions. Is NDSU going to be the only school ever to jump up way up to the power 5 from FCS Some FBS College Presidents may take a liking to NDSU and say yes join our conference.
Things are really wacky with almost everything today. Be prepared for anything.

nutman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by nutman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:16 pm

Cool story, but show some proof.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

MTBluesCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MTBluesCAT » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:53 pm

rivercat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:53 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:35 am
That’s why if the MVFC was half decent, you would see them with 4-5 losses every season. And no, the MVFC isn’t the best in the FCS. There is no conference that is better then the others. All the conferences are pretty equal. Most have a few teams at the top and the rest suck. At least with the Big Sky, you have EWU, WSU, MSU, UM and then like a Davis/Sac State (Poly)….MVFC is just NDSU, SDSU and maybe Missouri State/North Dakota. The rest suck ass in that conference and don’t do anything within the conference. If you had 5-6 legit teams in the MVFC and those teams were beating NDSU and SDSU, the landscape of the FCS would change dramatically.
By the end of the season, Sagarin ratings are pretty valid. The Valley has 7 teams in the top 120 compared to 5 for the BSC. The Valley is the strongest FCS conference, then the BSC, and the CAA a distant 3rd now that JMU is leaving.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm
I have to agree with rivercat on this one. There actually is a Big Sky-Missouri Valley Challenge that started back in 2013. I didn't even realize this until I searched it out. "The MVFC holds an all-time edge of 71-45 in the series, and teams from the two leagues have played one another frequently in recent years, with 68 meetings since 2013." That doesn't include this past season and I am pretty sure the MVFC had the upper hand against the Big Sky again.

To say the MVFC is weak is just a silly statement!

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2021/9/1/fo ... -2021.aspx

QRS
New Recruit

Post by QRS » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:18 pm

CelticCat
Thumbs Up

QRS
New Recruit

Post by QRS » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 am

Kevin Trudeau- Author- Natural Cures

Sentenced to 10 years is now released but under home confinement.

Scammer OR

js1010
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by js1010 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:15 am

I know NDSU loves to brag about its football facilities, and they're not wrong, but I also think the Fargo Dome is the main thing that is preventing them from moving up. I'm not sure what the stadium capacity minimums are for all the different FBS conferences but looking at the smallest stadiums in the Mountain West and the Big Ten (the two conferences that would make the most sense for NDSU to move to) the Fargo Dome wouldn't even come close. I believe the smallest stadium in the Big Ten is Ryan Field (Northwestern) at 47,130 and for the Mountain West its Maverik Stadium (Utah State) at 25,100. Both of which are considerably bigger than the 18,700 seat Fargo Dome. And since its a dome they can't just add on to it to make up the extra 9,000 seats they are short just to match the smallest stadium in the Mountain West.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:30 am

js1010 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:15 am
I know NDSU loves to brag about its football facilities, and they're not wrong, but I also think the Fargo Dome is the main thing that is preventing them from moving up. I'm not sure what the stadium capacity minimums are for all the different FBS conferences but looking at the smallest stadiums in the Mountain West and the Big Ten (the two conferences that would make the most sense for NDSU to move to) the Fargo Dome wouldn't even come close. I believe the smallest stadium in the Big Ten is Ryan Field (Northwestern) at 47,130 and for the Mountain West its Maverik Stadium (Utah State) at 25,100. Both of which are considerably bigger than the 18,700 seat Fargo Dome. And since its a dome they can't just add on to it to make up the extra 9,000 seats they are short just to match the smallest stadium in the Mountain West.
There are no capacity requirements, or than a school must average 15K fans over a 2 year rolling period. The stadium only has to be big enough to allow a team to reach that requirement. If they want to be in a P5 conference though they would need a stadium that holds 45k I'd say. The Big Ten doesn't want a school that can't get more than 20k in their stadium.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:49 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:30 am
js1010 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:15 am
There are no capacity requirements, or than a school must average 15K fans over a 2 year rolling period. The stadium only has to be big enough to allow a team to reach that requirement. If they want to be in a P5 conference though they would need a stadium that holds 45k I'd say. The Big Ten doesn't want a school that can't get more than 20k in their stadium.
There are lots of reasons NDSU isn't in an FBS conference that have little to do with stadium size. Where would they go? They need to be invited. They wouldn't consider going to the MAC, SunBelt, or C-USA which have no teams that will contend for any meaningful bowl. So you have the MWC and the AAC or P5 conferences.

First, they aren't getting into a P5 conference because they don't bring a market for them and they are a small public school relative to the P5 schools.

The lack of market and it's regional location are drawbacks to getting an invite to the MWC and the AAC. The AAC was better than the PAC12 this year and want to be included with the big boys so they are not inviting any FCS school. NDSU with it's FCS limitations would compete for the MWC championship every year. Give them 22 more scholarships and additional money and Boise State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Utah State, etc are all competing for second place because they aren't beating the Bison. So why would they want NDSU as a member?

Until college football goes to a major reclassification, NDSU fits FCS.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:27 pm

Honestly Sac St or UC Davis in the Big Sky have a bigger chance of getting an invite to the mountain west. They are big schools that fit the conference footprint and reside near large markets. We always think in terms of football but so much more factors in. I believe the MWC has shown interest in montana as well. We would get an invite before NDSU most likely.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing