The Official-unofficial Bobcat-bison National Championship gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Official-unofficial Bobcat-bison National Championship gameday thread

Post by coloradocat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:42 pm

technoCat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:43 pm
Augustus wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:07 pm
I'm not really sure who moderates here, but I'm curious why these idiots are allowed to come in here and troll. It contributes nothing other than disrupting threads.

Give them the boot. Problem solved.
Or people could just ignore them...
I have no idea why people are interacting with them.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

JMB
New Recruit

Post by JMB » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:23 pm

Alright... In an effort to offset the other Bison fans here, just stopping by to congratulate you guys on a great season. Hopefully this can develop into a yearly rivalry where we are watching each other in the playoffs.

Quick question...

I was a bit surprised at NDSU's success running the ball at you guys. Was that a product of field conditions?

pckrfndvdarm
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by pckrfndvdarm » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:47 pm

Maybe they think they are they are just above everyone else, much like the majority of their team, that they just give a s### what anyone else says or thinks. A jerk is a jerk in or out of a uniform. I still had a great time with 99.9% of NDSU fans, but would not give the time of day to guys like these.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:29 pm

JMB wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:23 pm
Alright... In an effort to offset the other Bison fans here, just stopping by to congratulate you guys on a great season. Hopefully this can develop into a yearly rivalry where we are watching each other in the playoffs.

Quick question...

I was a bit surprised at NDSU's success running the ball at you guys. Was that a product of field conditions?
Maybe, but both teams played on that crap. I did like the handful of photos that clearly show offensive holding. Good thing we had refs that only felt like calling 5 penalties on the day. Let ‘em play boys……

Punters are people too!!

JMB
New Recruit

Post by JMB » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:01 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:29 pm
JMB wrote:

Quick question...

Maybe, but both teams played on that crap. I did like the handful of photos that clearly show offensive holding. Good thing we had refs that only felt like calling 5 penalties on the day. Let ‘em play boys……
I read somewhere that a lot of your defensive strategy was built around line stunts, was curious if that was the case. Anyways, great season. I hope for continued growth and success for your program

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:14 pm

JMB wrote:

Quick question...

I think we were all surprised too. We've played some high powered offenses this year (sdsu, ewu, shsu) and nobody had put up more than 20 points offensively against us. And none of those teams ran the ball nearly as well as ndsu did. Not sure what the reason was other than the Bison seem to find another gear when they play us.

What did sdsu do to slow your offense down? I don't think their defense is better than ours but they managed to beat you guys so I'm just curious.

JMB
New Recruit

Post by JMB » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:25 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:14 pm
JMB wrote:

Quick question...

I think we were all surprised too. We've played some high powered offenses this year (sdsu, ewu, shsu) and nobody had put up more than 20 points offensively against us. And none of those teams ran the ball nearly as well as ndsu did. Not sure what the reason was other than the Bison seem to find another gear when they play us.

What did sdsu do to slow your offense down? I don't think their defense is better than ours but they managed to beat you guys so I'm just curious.
I missed watching that game as I was out of town that weekend, so I can't comment directly. SDSU is always an enigma to me, they play NDSU really well, then seem to find ways to lose a game or two during the season. Part of me wonders if they build a team to beat NDSU, but then has match-up issues with other teams.

I also think our OC was figuring things out as the year went on. At the beginning of the year, many of us weren't impressed with play calling. It was like he was rehashing the Trey Lance playbook, which I don't think fit our current group of players.

Plus there is an "NDSU in the playoffs" factor. I habe seen years where we have struggled against SDSU in the regular season, and clobber them in the playoffs. There seems to be another gear fir the Bison in the playoffs.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:40 pm

And #44 is like standing in front of a tank and hoping you stop him. That dude will play on Sundays.

Punters are people too!!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:43 pm

JMB wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:01 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
JMB wrote:

Quick question...

I read somewhere that a lot of your defensive strategy was built around line stunts, was curious if that was the case. Anyways, great season. I hope for continued growth and success for your program
Our dline was undersized all year, especially with Benson out. We overcame that with scheme, athleticism and cycling lots of fresh bodies. Outside of the field conditions affecting our speed on dline, it seemed the Bison also went at a fast enough pace to keep us from cycling those guys like normal.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:33 am

technoCat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:43 pm
JMB wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
JMB wrote:

Quick question...

Our dline was undersized all year, especially with Benson out. We overcame that with scheme, athleticism and cycling lots of fresh bodies. Outside of the field conditions affecting our speed on dline, it seemed the Bison also went at a fast enough pace to keep us from cycling those guys like normal.
Watch the game again and concentrate on the leverage the D Line was unable to get against their O Line. The turf was a huge issue. No ability to push off or cut and twist...so NDSU simply ran downhill with bigger bodies against smaller bodies who were trying to get angles that never came. QED: almost 400 yards against a D Line that was excellent all year against bigger teams like SHSU. Watch that game and see how the carpet released the speed of our D Line.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:03 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:33 am
technoCat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:43 pm
JMB wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
JMB wrote:

Quick question...

Watch the game again and concentrate on the leverage the D Line was unable to get against their O Line. The turf was a huge issue. No ability to push off or cut and twist...so NDSU simply ran downhill with bigger bodies against smaller bodies who were trying to get angles that never came. QED: almost 400 yards against a D Line that was excellent all year against bigger teams like SHSU. Watch that game and see how the carpet released the speed of our D Line.
I agree with this. There wasn’t any one thing that you can point to that was THE reason, it was a few things.

1. And this is the biggest factor by far, NDSU OL is incredible and is the heart of their team that makes a lot of teams look bad. At any given point they have 1-2 guys on that line that will eventually get a shot on Sunday’s.

2. The Cats All American DT barely played due back issues and was nowhere near himself when he was in. Yes he’s one guy and he’s not single handedly shutting down that run game, but he was the Cats best interior D lineman this year by a good amount. It certainly hurt not having a healthy Benson able to go.

3. Turf did seem to favor the OL, especially one that specializes in a power run game. As was pointed out, the Cats DL worked with a lot of movement and stunts throughout the year and leaned more on athleticism over size. That turf all but negated that potential advantage. Pair that up with our DL running into 5 guys that are 6’5”, 320lbs, and that’s not a recipe for success.

Not making excuses, what happened happened, but I think those are a few of the reasons why it looked the way it did. It wasn’t a fluke that the Cats had only allowed 110ish rush yds a game in their previous 14 games. They just ran into a combo of bad matchups, less than ideal health, and bad field conditions and it got ugly.

TunaAGR
New Recruit

Post by TunaAGR » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:57 pm

Bobcat fans
I never troll any fan site. I'm just here to say in 9 championships game Bobcat fans were the greatest. Never have a seen a group have such a good time and fun to sit by. Other teams' fans would have bailed at halftime. I was amazed how they stay until the end and partied. Having been there 9 times before and seen how other teams' fan reacted you all had class and fun. I hoped any Bison fan was the same towards you.
Wished I could have talk to more people on the things before hand, I gladly offer advice to you for next year when we meet.
Best BQ: Hutchin
Best Streak at a great prize: Saltgrass
Best Bar: One walking distance to your hotel at the end of the night
Any Mexican restaurant is great it's TexMex not California Mexican food
Download your tickets at hotel, WiFi and cell coverage sucks at the stadium.
Field always has sucked; weather is never what was forecasted when you left home pack for colder than forecasted
11:00 kickoff comes fast. entry always before 10:00 - security sucks
Playoffs are proof NCAA only wants the big bucks, Big Sky and Missouri Valley will always be scheduled to play each other
This year was the funniest I ever had with other teams' fan

LET'S DO IT AGAIN

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:18 pm

[media] [/media]

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 am

[media] [/media]

Interesting when they talk about how embarrassing the field conditions were.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:54 am

kwcat wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 am
[media] [/media]

Interesting when they talk about how embarrassing the field conditions were.
They are right! It’s embarrassing that that game was played on that field!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:55 am

JMB wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
JMB wrote:

Quick question...

You are correct on our defensive system. Not taking anything away from the North Dakota State win, I think field conditions definitely favored your style of game. None the less congratulations on the win.

As a sidenote to field conditions. I was in the stadium on Thursday. I asked some of the management staff about why the field or if the field has been covered during the freezing nights and was met with blank stares. I commented about the rain predicted for Saturday morning and what a thawing frozen field with water on top was going to be like Saturday. They pretty much shrugged it off. :shrug:
Bottom line it doesn’t matter we need to get better.

Bizun 86
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bizun 86 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:38 pm

JMB wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
JMB wrote:

Quick question...

Don't pretend to be a Bizun fan... If you really were you'd see the hypocrisy of the majority of these puds. Talk a big line of BS and when you point out the obvious they cry foul and want the bully removed. Weak. Kinda like their vaunted defense.

Bison15XNatChamps
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bison15XNatChamps » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:26 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:18 pm
Somebody. Anybody needs to dethrone these ***hats.
🤨

Bison15XNatChamps
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bison15XNatChamps » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:29 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:55 pm
****** congrats. What a pathetic fan base. Just no one ****** cares anymore. Get the ****** out of the FCS. Even your fans don't care here. The field storming was pathetic.
You will be ok, give it a couple weeks.

Bison15XNatChamps
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bison15XNatChamps » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:33 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:16 pm
Hats off to NDSU! They played hard and didn't make mistakes. Clearly the better team. Glad our boys and coaches got a taste of this process. Now they know what they need to get over the hump. Our talent keeps getting better. Coaching will improve. Fan support is building. Facilities are improving. We will get there soon folks. Couldn't make it to the game, but I am not worried. I have a feeling we will be there quite a bit :-)
I bet you guys do too. Quality program and one of the most exciting young men at QB. Big things ahead in the future.