Indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Indoor facility

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:24 pm

Leon said that once the money is in, they will start moving dirt, so the project could start any day. I figured they’d have to put out the project for bids, but maybe they’ve already done that.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Slackjaw
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Slackjaw » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:20 pm

https://nevadasportsnet.com/newsletter- ... e-facility

Lots of references to Montana State in this article. It also goes to show that when compared to some Mountain West programs, our fundraising and $$$ spent on athletics at Montana State isn't as far behind as some people try to make it seem.

If not this year?.........When?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:29 pm

Slackjaw wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:20 pm
https://nevadasportsnet.com/newsletter- ... e-facility

Lots of references to Montana State in this article. It also goes to show that when compared to some Mountain West programs, our fundraising and $$$ spent on athletics at Montana State isn't as far behind as some people try to make it seem.
But MSU is way ahead by not having multi-million dollar deficits in football every year like UNR has right now. I like it that way.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:49 pm

So our facility is hard sided correct?

Those folks over with the canvas wall tent to the east think it's steel frames with cloth walls. For the cost I don't think so.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:54 pm

lutecat wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:49 pm

Those folks over with the canvas wall tent to the east think it's steel frames with cloth walls. For the cost I don't think so.
Originally, the facility was going to have a steel frame with a PVC material wall, not cloth, but now it's all hard sided. BTW, the gris bubble is also made out of a plastic structural fabric-type material.

Even if the Cats had gone with their original plan, it would have still been much better than a bubble structure. Obviously, the full hard shell the Cats are building is even better than both.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:53 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:54 pm
lutecat wrote:

Originally, the facility was going to have a steel frame with a PVC material wall, not cloth, but now it's all hard sided. BTW, the gris bubble is also made out of a plastic structural fabric-type material.

Even if the Cats had gone with their original plan, it would have still been much better than a bubble structure. Obviously, the full hard shell the Cats are building is even better than both.
I totally missed that it will now be hard sided. That’s excellent news.

Hating the griz since 02.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:13 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:53 pm
AFCAT wrote:
lutecat wrote:

MSU’s IPF is nearly three times the cost of the UM IPF. $28 million vs $10.3 million. I know construction costs are higher in Bozeman vs Missoula but I gotta believe MSU’s will be significantly nicer in a variety of ways.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:39 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:13 pm
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
lutecat wrote:

MSU’s IPF is nearly three times the cost of the UM IPF. $28 million vs $10.3 million. I know construction costs are higher in Bozeman vs Missoula but I gotta believe MSU’s will be significantly nicer in a variety of ways.
Besides being hard sided, the Bobcat facility has a 300m oval track around the football playing surface and the gris facility only has a straight line sprint track.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:48 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
lutecat wrote:

I agree with that. But, I thought the first rendition of the IPF was a steel frame with inflatable walls.

Hating the griz since 02.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:10 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:39 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
lutecat wrote:

Besides being hard sided, the Bobcat facility has a 300m oval track around the football playing surface and the gris facility only has a straight line sprint track.
ours was built with the indoor track team in mind.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:25 pm

They took a big dump on their track team for 20 more yards of turf.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:55 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:10 pm
AFCAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
lutecat wrote:

It is now, but the first version they depicted last year, with the fabric siding, was football only.
Look how much the design , size, and location have changed since just last November.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:36 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:55 pm
Montanabob wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
lutecat wrote:

It is now, but the first version they depicted last year, with the fabric siding, was football only.
Look how much the design , size, and location have changed since just last November.

I saw a recent layout that part of the email for parking and tailgates. It actually has the IPF parallel to the stadium and intersects at a 90 to the track. They have it fitting between the irrigation pond and the track/stadium.

Found it:

https://ats.eccmp.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1= ... nD7J_LAsS4

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:14 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:36 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
lutecat wrote:

I saw a recent layout that part of the email for parking and tailgates. It actually has the IPF parallel to the stadium and intersects at a 90 to the track. They have it fitting between the irrigation pond and the track/stadium.

Found it:

Yeah, just go back to pages 25 and 26 of this thread, the new location is posted there. I just posted above where they had the facility going last November. Obviously, it has changed a lot since then.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:20 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:14 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:36 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
lutecat wrote:

Found it:

Yeah, just go back to pages 25 and 26 of this thread, the new location is posted there. I just posted above where they had the facility going last November. Obviously, it has changed a lot since then.
Great location for it. Easy access to the track and football stadiums. Also worth wondering how much it will help the blossoming track programs (men currently ranked 25th in the country).

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:38 am

How cool would it be if they could hold the groundbreaking in conjunction with the Sonny Holland Classic?
You could hardly get a day this spring that you could get a larger group of rabid Bobcat football fans in attendance.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:38 am

Standy by for an update on this.

I am sorting thru some plans.

AFCAT stand by your email. :D 8)

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:00 am

The plans for the indoor have now gone out to bid. A couple of things to know.
Langlas looks to be the general contractor and they are taking bids for the work.
Bids are due Tuesday April 23rd.
I do not see a construction schedule yet.
114,428Sf
Last edited by stevo on Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:04 am

stevo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:38 am
Standy by for an update on this.

I am sorting thru some plans.

AFCAT stand by your email. :D 8)

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:20 am

From Stevo. I see the Cats are planning an outdoor throwing area in the triangle area next to the track. My dreams are crushed once again. :D

Last edited by AFCAT on Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.