Indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Indoor facility

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:39 pm

Excellent! Awesome it's going to be the full thing!

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:52 pm

WINNING!

Now I know what to do the rest of today, convince my wife that we need to double our previous contribution to this project.

Edit to say she said yeah let's double it! That was so easy I have a feeling she's going to suggest spending more on something that's nearer and dearer to her heart.
Last edited by Joe Bobcat on Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:53 pm

A whole lot of folks around here and even in this thread have complained about wanting to donate to this and wondering why it wasn't open and public. Here's your chance. Here it is again, the link to donate and get this thing finished: Indoor Practice Facility Donations

Allows you do a one time donation or name your donation amount and split it up across payments. Let's get this thing done BobcatNation!

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:55 pm

kmax wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:53 pm
A whole lot of folks around here and even in this thread have complained about wanting to donate to this and wondering why it wasn't open and public. Here's your chance. Here it is again, the link to donate and get this thing finished: Indoor Practice Facility Donations

Allows you do a one time donation or name your donation amount and split it up across payments. Let's get this thing done BobcatNation!
That's what I did, split it up over a few years. I already have a recurring yearly donation to the BAC, so I just made up another one for the indoor. C'mon Bobcat fans. Time to put up. You don't have to give a lot.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSUBRONCO
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUBRONCO » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:57 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:38 pm

Great news!

I was to slow lol

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:10 pm

I'm just waiting on the complaints that the facility isn't big enough, fancy enough, or connected to the BAC by a secret underground tunnel or Star Trek transporter.

I'm sure the gris trolls will tell us how their bubble is better too.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:20 pm

kmax wrote:

I just did my part..Let’s get this done sooner than later. Give what can. Every dollar helps. They’re $3 million away from their $25 million price tag.

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:22 pm

By my estimate there’s been close to $60 million in athletic facilities and athletic facility-related projects at MSU since 2009.
2010 - EZ project $11 million
2??? - track improvements $?
2??? - scoreboard $?
2??? - Fieldhouse improvements
2021 - Bobcat Athletic Complex $18 million
2024 - scoreboard $?
2024 - Indoor Training Facility $25 million

Anyone know those years and amounts?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:24 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:10 pm
I'm just waiting on the complaints that the facility isn't big enough, fancy enough, or connected to the BAC by a secret underground tunnel or Star Trek transporter.

I was expecting it to have two fields inside it, how are they going to double rep?
And where’s the helipad?

This looks great though. This is a gamechanger in recruiting and practice/prep as the season gets into the colder months.

And it’ll be great to be nicer than the griz’s and only a few months behind it.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:28 pm

AFCAT wrote:

I think the tunnel and transporter are in phases 15 and 30 :lol: but you'd know better than I would.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

St George

Post by St George » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:31 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:17 pm
From my understanding, the handrails can't be put in on the East side due to the existing width of the stairs. Per code.

I think they would need to completely redo the bleachers to add them, and at that point, you might as well redo the entire thing.
It depends on the Authority having Jurisdiction (the people that interrupt and enforce the codes), a lot of the time if the modification will improve safety they will skirt the fine line of the code.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:35 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:22 pm
By my estimate there’s been close to $60 million in athletic facilities and athletic facility-related projects at MSU since 2009.
2??? - scoreboard $?
2024 - scoreboard $?

The current scoreboard was a part of the EZ project so same year. Not sure if it was figured into that same $ amount or not, I know the Thayer family put up a good chunk of what that cost. For the new scoreboard it was around $1.5m for the install bid. Not sure how much the board was or if Leerfield paid for some/all of it.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:36 pm

kmax wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:35 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
2??? - scoreboard $?
2024 - scoreboard $?

The current scoreboard was a part of the EZ project so same year. Not sure if it was figured into that same $ amount or not, I know the Thayer family put up a good chunk of what that cost. For the new scoreboard it was around $1.5m for the install bid. Not sure how much the board was or if Leerfield paid for some/all of it.
I was told last Spring that Learfield had nothing to do with the scoreboard. Now, that may have changed since then.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:38 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:36 pm
kmax wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:35 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
2??? - scoreboard $?
2024 - scoreboard $?

I was told last Spring that Learfield had nothing to do with the scoreboard. Now, that may have changed since then.
Don't forget the 800k invested in downtown business.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:06 pm

BFcatfan wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:20 pm
kmax wrote:

I just did my part..Let’s get this done sooner than later. Give what can. Every dollar helps. They’re $3 million away from their $25 million price tag.

After we win tomorrow I predict that the remaining money is raised before our first playoff game

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:09 pm

AFCAT wrote:

If it's secret, how do you know we don't have that. My guess is that is what the 3 million is for. Maybe Elon is going to build a boring machine tunnel that will run Teslas back and forth.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:13 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:06 pm
BFcatfan wrote:
kmax wrote:

After we win tomorrow I predict that the remaining money is raised before our first playoff game
$3 million is a lot of money now that all the big money has been gathered. I'd say by kickoff at Frisco though.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:24 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:13 pm
catgrad05 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:06 pm
BFcatfan wrote:
kmax wrote:

$3 million is a lot of money now that all the big money has been gathered. I'd say by kickoff at Frisco though.

We will just have to wait and see. Not saying your incorrect, hence mine being a prediction

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:57 pm

We need a meter that shows how close we are to the goal updated every day!

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:11 pm

Donated a LONNNNNGGGG time ago. I would estimate 2 hours ago!

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT