More Showcase Invites

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: More Showcase Invites

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:16 pm

rivercat wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:18 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:54 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:24 pm
I see that the Senior Bowl and the Shrine Bowl are scheduled only two days apart, but wasn’t Troy actually invited to each of them?
If you look at the article above TA is only on the roster for the Senior Bowl, not the Shrine Bowl. I'm assuming he did pick between the two and is playing in the Senior Bowl as some on here predicted.
The Senior Bowl is the premier all-star bowl with regard to the NFL draft. The following link talks about Troy, the Senior Bowl, and the draft.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/troy ... port-2022/
Bill Kollar was named the MVP of the Senior Bowl. That storyline continued pretty well!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:16 pm
rivercat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
I see that the Senior Bowl and the Shrine Bowl are scheduled only two days apart, but wasn’t Troy actually invited to each of them?
If you look at the article above TA is only on the roster for the Senior Bowl, not the Shrine Bowl. I'm assuming he did pick between the two and is playing in the Senior Bowl as some on here predicted.
The Senior Bowl is the premier all-star bowl with regard to the NFL draft. The following link talks about Troy, the Senior Bowl, and the draft.

Bill Kollar was named the MVP of the Senior Bowl. That storyline continued pretty well!
Indeed!

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:32 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 am
kwcat wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 pm
College gridiron showcase on right now on CBS
How'd our guys do?
I got called out on a job and never did get to finish watching. Sorry so slow on an answer

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:57 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:57 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:07 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:57 pm
He’s so laughably athletic. I think he’s gonna surprise some people.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:41 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
I can’t remember the last time somebody picked any other showcase game over the Senior Bowl. Not sure it’s happened in a long, long, time. Sometimes the lower showcases will end up having playing perform well and get invited to another one, like the Senior Bowl.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:50 am

So, sounds like TA is a lock to get drafted. What are the projections for Hardy and Kidd? Late round drafted or FA? Anyone else have a chance at getting drafted? Lastly... is there any scuttle about Ifanse throwing his hat in the ring this year? I really don't think so, think he's 100% committed to finishing his Sr. year as a Bobcat but just wanted to throw that out.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:46 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:50 am
So, sounds like TA is a lock to get drafted. What are the projections for Hardy and Kidd? Late round drafted or FA? Anyone else have a chance at getting drafted? Lastly... is there any scuttle about Ifanse throwing his hat in the ring this year? I really don't think so, think he's 100% committed to finishing his Sr. year as a Bobcat but just wanted to throw that out.
I think both Hardy and Kidd (and maybe Lance) are UDFAs. Maybe they go in the 7th round if a team is afraid they won't be able to get them afterwards. There are always a ton of OL in the draft so it's hard to separate yourself there. The main reason Hardy probably won't get drafted is that he's still very much a project. He's only got one year at DE. It was a great year but not a lot for NFL teams to go on. Lance is in a similar situation in that essentially his entire career production happened this season.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:05 pm

catatac wrote:
From Hero Sports:

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-pro ... uary-bzbz/

Troy is not Mentioned. Herder Whiffs again.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:12 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:05 pm
catatac wrote:
From Hero Sports:

He's just summarizing another site's projections so he didn't really whiff. He should have added a paragraph at the bottom listing the player(s) he would add to this list though.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:20 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:12 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catatac wrote:
From Hero Sports:

He's just summarizing another site's projections so he didn't really whiff. He should have added a paragraph at the bottom listing the player(s) he would add to this list though.
That's true, I didn't catch that.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:16 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:20 pm
coloradocat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catatac wrote:
From Hero Sports:

It’s kind of a strange list. Includes former FCS players that are now at FBS programs.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:39 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:16 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catatac wrote:
From Hero Sports:

It’s kind of a strange list. Includes former FCS players that are now at FBS programs.
I'd say that Draft Scout whiffed and that if Herder wanted to do some actual reporting he should've pointed out that by omitting TA they whiffed. By not doing that, Herder whiffed.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:59 am

rivercat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:

From the article. Troy’s top-end speed is elite so I’m not sure where this thought is coming from.
———-

“ Additionally, his top-end speed is not elite. Most of his range derives from his burst and long strides.”

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:18 am

AFCAT wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catatac wrote:
From Hero Sports:

Yeah if you read the comments on his initial tweet I engaged Sam on why Troy wasn't there and he tried to argue that TA is still a raw project. In typical journo fashion when I showed him credible sources that Troy is a day 2 pick he just defends his piece and its source rather than admitting it was an error. I still respect Sam as a national reporter for the FCS more than anyone else but he missed here.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:30 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:18 am
AFCAT wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catatac wrote:
From Hero Sports:

Yeah if you read the comments on his initial tweet I engaged Sam on why Troy wasn't there and he tried to argue that TA is still a raw project. In typical journo fashion when I showed him credible sources that Troy is a day 2 pick he just defends his piece and its source rather than admitting it was an error. I still respect Sam as a national reporter for the FCS more than anyone else but he missed here.
Major, major whiff from Sam IMO. I'm guessing, based on a few things I read this morning, that Troy ends up early to mid day 3, but he has so many traits that you can't teach. Sam's take that he's a bit of a raw project on defense has some merit, but when you get into late day 2 and all of day 3, teams are just projecting what they think guys can be, you're not drafting finished product starters at that point. There's no way several teams aren't going to fall in love with his athleticism, his speed, and most specifically those combined with his length. In today's NFL, where coverage is valued, he's getting drafted and he will play. Hope you can make Sam wear it after the draft. :lol:

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:50 am

Wait a minute here. Why is Hardy playing on a different team than Kidd and McCutcheon on Saturday?

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:38 am

They thought putting all three Bobcats on one team would create an unfair advantage! Seriously, since this game doesn’t appear to have regional teams (American and National) they had a draft or just assigned players to positions as needed.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:52 am

CatBot wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:50 am
Wait a minute here. Why is Hardy playing on a different team than Kidd and McCutcheon on Saturday?
The ‘49ers and Rams discovered a great place to find players — the FCS! The ‘49ers have 8 on their active roster and the Rams have 5. That’s a very significant percentage, and says that the FCS is underrepresented in the NFL Draft. There’s not enough competition for FCS players to keep most from falling to UDFA status, but if these teams, and a few others, keep having success then FCS players might become more highly valued. San Francisco has been a home for FCS players for awhile now — obviously JP Flynn and Mike Person — but others as well. Go ‘49ers! Go Rams!