Quarterback Club - new donation level for those 35 and younger

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Quarterback Club - new donation level for those 35 and younger

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:58 am

I have been a member of the QBC for about 7 or 8 years. I have only made about 5 gatherings in that time. I treat it as a donation that goes directly to Bobcat Football. They can use the money for items like equipment or technology to make the team better. Money well spent in my book.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:10 am

To be clear, I am just a member, I am not speaking for the club, just my experience.

The items I listed were things I see as membership benefits.

I understand the challenges involved in offering support.
Do what you can. Each unto their own.

I can’t speak to out of state issues, but there are people in MT who travel further each weekend then those from out of state, so….do what you can.

It really is about helping the program compete, not “what do I get out of it”.

We do get benefits. We see it on the field.

The last time I did work at a Starbucks I saw the steady line of customers spending at least $10(+$2.50 tip). I really don’t know as I don’t drink coffee. Bozeman would be a better place with a little less caffeine.

bvancleeve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bvancleeve » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:26 am

Good Conversation going here. Let me see if I can answer some of these questions/concerns about the BQC. I also encourage members and non-members to use the new website for updated information and calendar of events. Here are some notes to answer some of the questions listed above:

Membership Levels:
The BQC is going on our 4th year of having tiered giving levels, and we have added two additional levels for the 2022 year. Our goal with providing the tiered levels to keep our standard membership level at $1,000 (same price since 2001), but provide options for our members to give more when they can. We feel that the standard level is a great value while still providing significant funds that are making a big difference for the program.
  • Junior Level: $600/year or $50/month (35 years old or younger)
  • Spouse Level: $600/year or $50/month (Spouse of full member will receive full member benefits)
  • Standard Level: $1000/year or $83/month
  • Blue Level: $2500/year or $208/month
  • Gold Level: $5000/year or $417/month
Payment Options:
As long as I can remember, we've been able to take membership payments annually, monthly or quarterly.

In-Person Chapter Locations:
Each Monday night during the season, as well as, a handful of other events (signing day, spring football updates, etc), 14 chapter locations meet as groups to join a live virtual video conference with Coach Vigen. They watch a breakdown of the game, get a scouting report of the upcoming team and key players, and are able to ask live questions with Coach. This year, we also opened up an on-demand version for chapter members as we received feedback that not everyone can make it to these locations on Monday evening. So members in these locations have the option to go to the Monday Night meeting live at these chapter locations, or watch the recording of the Monday Night event.

Here is a breakdown of locations:
  • Billings
  • Boise
  • Bozeman
  • Butte
  • Fairfield
  • Havre
  • Helena
  • Great Falls
  • Kalispell
  • Lewistown
  • Missoula
  • Plentywood
  • Polson
  • Twin Bridges
Non-Chapter Members:
We have a good number of members who don't reside in any of those locations. These members get all the same benefits, but receive the Monday Night Meetings as a recorded link that they can view on-demand on Thursdays. This is a new feature we added in 2021.

Benefits to the Players/Coaches:
The most important part of this organization is what it provides our players and coaches that put us ahead of the rest of the conference and the division. This link gives a good run-down of those benefits. https://www.msubqc.org/About-BQC

I'll add some additional information as questions come in, but the new website is a great source of information.

Go Cats

Brandon Vancleeve
Bobcat Quarterback Club

Brandon Vancleeve
President - Bobcat Collective
Email: brandon@bobcatcollective.com
Important Links: https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective

js1010
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by js1010 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:52 am

I have been debating signing up for a few years now and was planning it next year. Of course I have been saying "next year" for about 2-3 seasons now but I always seem to find something to use that money on instead (kids day care goes up, unexpected medical expense, etc) especially after buying season tickets and Bobcat Club fees. Now that this is an option I'm definitely going to since I qualify for under 35 (barely). I did attend a meeting this year as a guest when they did that promotion and I would guess I was the youngest person in the room by about 10-15 years so I understand wanting to attract younger boosters since there are not many right now.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:16 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:01 pm
I’m 43, and am well outside of the discount range. But I can tell you that I have several friends in the junior bracket that can’t justify the expense due to the fact that they are building their careers, families, and trying to keep up with the Jones’. 😉

After a minimum of 8k in club sport expenses for your kids, fly fishing $$, country club fees, season ticket costs atop Bobcat Club dues, mortgage payments… the list goes on and on. BQC is literally last on the list for people who have a limited disposable income. Those people are usually younger, and they want to throw in if possible… I’m glad it’s no longer impossible.
That's easy. Bag the club sport expenses. Waste of money.

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:43 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:02 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:24 pm
Do they meet in person in Kalispell during the season?
Contact @bvancleeve here on Bobcat Nation. He can fill you in on everything. I know the QB club was working on doing some online stuff for those unable to attend in-person meetings.
This is an option, since I now live in Nevada, that I’d be very interested in.
This year you can replay the monday meetings online, on the following Thursday, all day. I have done this several times when I couldn’t make the Monday night get together. The one thing I wish is that we got a little more bobcat apparel with our membership. The jacket is nice but not something I wear a lot.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:05 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:16 pm
GavinDonos wrote:
I’m 43, and am well outside of the discount range. But I can tell you that I have several friends in the junior bracket that can’t justify the expense due to the fact that they are building their careers, families, and trying to keep up with the Jones’. 😉

After a minimum of 8k in club sport expenses for your kids, fly fishing $$, country club fees, season ticket costs atop Bobcat Club dues, mortgage payments… the list goes on and on. BQC is literally last on the list for people who have a limited disposable income. Those people are usually younger, and they want to throw in if possible… I’m glad it’s no longer impossible.
Good call. Just tell the kid that they’re done with competitive sports until they get to high school… and will have to fight for a high school roster spot against all of the kids who’ve been involved in club sports the past 5-6 years. Just so dad can get a QB club jacket and go to a handful of QB club meetings.

Luckily I don’t have to make that decision. Neither my wife or kid would like it.

On another note, thank you bvancleeve for laying out the BQC menu. Is there any way we can pin that post permanently so that nobody misses it? I’m afraid the word isn’t getting out on all of the options.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:08 am

GavinDonos wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:05 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
GavinDonos wrote:

Good call. Just tell the kid that they’re done with competitive sports until they get to high school… and will have to fight for a high school roster spot against all of the kids who’ve been involved in club sports the past 5-6 years. Just so dad can get a QB club jacket and go to a handful of QB club meetings.

Luckily I don’t have to make that decision. Neither my wife or kid would like it.

On another note, thank you bvancleeve for laying out the BQC menu. Is there any way we can pin that post permanently so that nobody misses it? I’m afraid the word isn’t getting out on all of the options.
I didn't say anything about being done with competitive sports. Just bag all the fancy uniforms and tournaments in Las Vegas and don't waste your money on fancy gym memberships for your 12 year old. Play in some local tournaments with mesh pennies or t-shirts for uni's. Help your kid organize some 3-on-3 at the park hoop or 5 v 5 passing drills with his/her buddies. The youth sports scene is totally out of control and needs to be dialed back. No 11 year old should spend 100 days in a gym from November to April.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:52 pm

I hear that and agree! I grew up before club sports were even a crazy idea. My kid plays high level club soccer and b-ball… if he didn’t he would be stuck at the Y and falling way behind the other kids who have comparable talent. It’s not something you can ignore anymore these days. Not just because of the competitive gap that inevitably develops, but because of the exposure and connections you gain with the H.S. / college coaches.

I don’t want to drag this out, because I think we generally agree in the end. Club sports are a drag.

Let’s get this train back on topic!!

BQC is important. We need to cast a wide net to promote sustainability and culture. It’s not just for old men!

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... d0e9b.html

js1010
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by js1010 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:09 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:08 am
GavinDonos wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
GavinDonos wrote:

I didn't say anything about being done with competitive sports. Just bag all the fancy uniforms and tournaments in Las Vegas and don't waste your money on fancy gym memberships for your 12 year old. Play in some local tournaments with mesh pennies or t-shirts for uni's. Help your kid organize some 3-on-3 at the park hoop or 5 v 5 passing drills with his/her buddies. The youth sports scene is totally out of control and needs to be dialed back. No 11 year old should spend 100 days in a gym from November to April.
I completely agree and would add that a big problem I see as well is the idea of a kid specializing in a single sport at 10 years old. It's the dumbest thing ever. Build an all around athlete by exposing them to as many sports and activities as possible. Troy isn't who he is without his track background adding to his football abilities. That being said, avoiding club sports is easier said then done. If a kid wants to play soccer, hockey, baseball, lacross, etc (the list is almost endless), then club sports are literally the only game in town.

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by sdsyvie » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:17 pm

and I turned 36 this year after being a member for the past 4 years.

Greeeeeeat :)

But seriously, will be good to get a better balance of hair color in the room ;) (soooo much gray)

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:00 pm

The Kalispell group is a bunch of old people and their parents. I'm 44 and have been by far the youngest member for several years. Somebody join up here! Having said all that, I love the people I've met through the group, I'd just love to get some younger blood in the room!

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:09 pm

One of the best benefits, helping others:

An update on our drive to help the players get home for the holidays. At our Monday Night meeting we asked for some financial help. The ask was for $20,000, the amount it ended up costing was $30,000.
The good news that is within a few dollars of what was donated by our generous members.

Mission Accomplished!!

$30,000 to help them see Mom for Christmas, holidays, etc.

Membership Renewals: The link for 2022 membership renewals/new members...

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1584/in ... TH-22-QBCO

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:13 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:09 pm
One of the best benefits, helping others:

An update on our drive to help the players get home for the holidays. At our Monday Night meeting we asked for some financial help. The ask was for $20,000, the amount it ended up costing was $30,000.
The good news that is within a few dollars of what was donated by our generous members.

Mission Accomplished!!

$30,000 to help them see Mom for Christmas, holidays, etc.

Membership Renewals: The link for 2022 membership renewals/new members...

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1584/in ... TH-22-QBCO
This is huge...outstanding job!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:31 pm

Shady Guy: watcha need man
Me: Fake ID
Shady Guy: sure... for like a friend or somethin?
Me: No, for me.
Shady Guy: ...
Me: Make it say I'm 33.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:24 pm

sdsyvie wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:17 pm

But seriously, will be good to get a better balance of hair color in the room ;) (soooo much gray)

I'm 42 and way more salt than pepper these days :/

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:26 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:31 pm
Shady Guy: watcha need man
Me: Fake ID
Shady Guy: sure... for like a friend or somethin?
Me: No, for me.
Shady Guy: ...
Me: Make it say I'm 33.
:goodpost: =D^ =D^ =D^

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by sdsyvie » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:54 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:24 pm
sdsyvie wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:17 pm

I'm 42 and way more salt than pepper these days :/
I'm not far behind, but I guess I've always been excited for the Gray. Means I still have hair 😁

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:17 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
GavinDonos wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
GavinDonos wrote:

Reminds me of our story. When my son was in grade school we played in most of the youth tourneys on the HiLine, (mesh reversible jerseys and mismatched shorts and all). After some success when they were 8th graders we decided to enter a tourney in Billings. Made it all the way to the chipper where we faced a team from West Billings. They had full warm-ups and shooting shirts and names on their jerseys. I asked one of the parents where they had played and he told me they just got back from Vegas and were winding down a 60 game spring season!! Our kids had probably played 15!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:57 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:17 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
GavinDonos wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
GavinDonos wrote:

Reminds me of our story. When my son was in grade school we played in most of the youth tourneys on the HiLine, (mesh reversible jerseys and mismatched shorts and all). After some success when they were 8th graders we decided to enter a tourney in Billings. Made it all the way to the chipper where we faced a team from West Billings. They had full warm-ups and shooting shirts and names on their jerseys. I asked one of the parents where they had played and he told me they just got back from Vegas and were winding down a 60 game spring season!! Our kids had probably played 15!!
Football now seems like it's one of the more accessible sports for kids. Between soccer, lacrosse, baskeball, baseball, hockey, volleyball softball, gymnastics, cheer....etc., everything has become extremely expensive with huge travel and time commitments, and I think it creates access issues for some talented young athletes.