Matt McKay into the NCAA Transfer Portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

utucats
Member # Retired

Re: Matt McKay into the NCAA Transfer Portal

Post by utucats » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:40 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:10 pm
utucats wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:01 pm
onceacat wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:06 pm
Gr8 day to be a Bobcat wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:41 pm
To properly understand the full context on this, didn't the coach that originally recruited MM to Montana State do something similar in leaving to Texas?
I am confused why the people who sign contracts and collect salaries are largely cleared in these situations when compared to student-athletes.
And didn’t the current HC do something similar in leaving his former spot? And the current OC do something similar in Eugene?
Well they all did that in the off season so not apples to apples. The timing shows me his a whiny little b****. We don’t need that so I think it’s for the best.
It would be useful to have a set of rules so players know what their obligations are to entitlement fans like you.
Entitlement fans, that’s hilarious. Makes perfect sense that you’d rip me, someone with endless devotion to the Cats both emotionally and monetarily in favor of someone who quit them in the playoffs.

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:44 pm

To properly understand the full context on this, didn't the coach that originally recruited MM to Montana State do something similar in leaving to Texas?
I am confused why the people who sign contracts and collect salaries are largely cleared in these situations when compared to student-athletes.
Choate left on honorable terms. Finished the year. McKay left abruptly with no regard for his teammates. Seriously, has anyone EVER heard of a starting QB leaving his team like this????

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:48 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:44 pm
Choate left on honorable terms. Finished the year. McKay left abruptly with no regard for his teammates. Seriously, has anyone EVER heard of a starting QB leaving his team like this????
Whoa! How dare you say anything factual about that kid’s actions. Did you know that there is a slight chance that he has serious anxiety issues!!

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:10 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Well, he wasn't the starting QB.

Yes, this happens all the time.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ed-starter

Also Spencer Rattler, the backup QB at Ohio St, the backup QB at Clemson...and thats just this week off the top of my head.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:12 pm

utucats wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:40 pm
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
And didn’t the current HC do something similar in leaving his former spot? And the current OC do something similar in Eugene?
Well they all did that in the off season so not apples to apples. The timing shows me his a whiny little b****. We don’t need that so I think it’s for the best.
It would be useful to have a set of rules so players know what their obligations are to entitlement fans like you.
Entitlement fans, that’s hilarious. Makes perfect sense that you’d rip me, someone with endless devotion to the Cats both emotionally and monetarily in favor of someone who quit them in the playoffs.
I'm not ripping you. I'm calling you out for being a d-bag. And, yes, ENTITLED. You are the very definition of ENTITLEMENT FAN.

"I financially support the team, so I get to call names."

**** Off.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:15 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:10 pm
84CatGrad wrote:

Also Spencer Rattler, the backup QB at Ohio St, the backup QB at Clemson...and thats just this week off the top of my head.
How are any of those the same? Ewers redshirted at Ohio State. Neither Clemson nor Oklahoma are playing in their conference title game or the CFP.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:16 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:12 pm
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
I'm not ripping you. I'm calling you out for being a d-bag. And, yes, ENTITLED. You are the very definition of ENTITLEMENT FAN.

**** Off snowflake. Find a safe space where you won't be bothered with microagressions from kids that are better football players than you.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:17 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:15 pm
onceacat wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:

How are any of those the same? Ewers redshirted at Ohio State. Neither Clemson nor Oklahoma are playing in their conference title game or the CFP.
They all have bowl games. Ewers could still play. Just comparing backup QBs.

You said backup QBs never leave with games left in the season. I gave you 4 examples from premier teams, 3 from this week, one from 2 month ago.

Apples to apples.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:27 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:17 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:15 pm
onceacat wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:

They all have bowl games. Ewers could still play. Just comparing backup QBs.

You said backup QBs never leave with games left in the season. I gave you 4 examples from premier teams, 3 from this week, one from 2 month ago.

Apples to apples.
I didn't say anything about backups never leaving. I was just wondering how your examples of guys leaving when their teams aren't playing any meaningful games any longer is the same as a guy leaving at the start of the playoff run. Especially considering McKay played all 11 gamrs and Ewers and the Clemson QB didn't touch the field. Not apples to apples.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:41 pm

onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:

**** Off.
Another internet tough guy. :roll:

I’m not calling names because I financially support the Cats. I’m calling names cause they are justified by his actions. He literally played in front of Rovig who acted exactly the opposite. So Rovig can sit for him but he can’t sit for anyone?

You are defending someone who acted entitled and like a d bag and then you come on here and say that about people who maintain loyalty to MSU. Priorities tough guy.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:17 pm

utucats wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:41 pm
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:

**** Off.

I’m not calling names because I financially support the Cats. I’m calling names cause they are justified by his actions. He literally played in front of Rovig who acted exactly the opposite. So Rovig can sit for him but he can’t sit for anyone?

You are defending someone who acted entitled and like a d bag and then you come on here and say that about people who maintain loyalty to MSU. Priorities tough guy.
You wanna fight bro? Do you even lift?

Seriously, you are the one who called names because you feel entitled since you give so much money to the program.

Which is sort of the point about snowflakes that feel entitled.

McKay didn't "act entitled". He made a business decision just like the coaching staff that recruited him. And like the coaches who bailed on their teams in order to be here.

Funny how you slobber all over the coaches but call names of the kids that do the same thing.

Entitled snowflake.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:18 pm

Is it game time yet?

Good lord this has gotten ugly….

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:22 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:26 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:17 pm
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:

**** Off.

Seriously, you are the one who called names because you feel entitled since you give so much money to the program.

McKay didn't "act entitled". He made a business decision just like the coaching staff that recruited him. And like the coaches who bailed on their teams in order to be here.

Funny how you slobber all over the coaches but call names of the kids that do the same thing.

Entitled snowflake.
Do you even lift :lol:

I quit cause I don’t get to start. Yeah nothing entitled about that at all.

You aren’t smart enough to debate with any more. Thanks and have a good night.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:31 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:18 pm
Is it game time yet?

I signed up for this website on the first day it launched back in 2004. This is the first time I can remember a thread that honestly made me wonder if I want to participate here anymore.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:46 pm

utucats wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:26 pm
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:

**** Off.

Entitled snowflake.

Just want to make sure I have this straight: You can't make a post without 3rd grade name calling, but I'm the one who isn't smart enough to "debate"?

Bitch, stupid, blah blah blah.

Got an actual argument or just "I give money to MSU so I'm entitled to be a douchebag"?

You and your name calling 3rd grade ****** aren't welcome here. ****** off and go crawl under whatever rock you came out from. You are an embarrassment to Bobcat Nation. Matt McKay is 10x the Bobcat that you'll ever be...all the donations in the world won't change that.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:02 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:22 pm
Yeah, I don't get along with internet tough guys who badmouth players & Cat alum.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:50 am

utucats wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:26 pm
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
onceacat wrote:

**** Off.

Entitled snowflake.

Utcats i get what your saying as MMs actions run contrary to my values and the values I try and instill in my kids. However, I’ve made mistakes and acted in ways contrary to my values. MM didn’t handle a difficult situation well, but he’s also just a kid that is having a really rough couple of weeks.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:54 am

I think it's about time for this thread to get locked....

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:09 am

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:31 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:18 pm
Is it game time yet?

I signed up for this website on the first day it launched back in 2004. This is the first time I can remember a thread that honestly made me wonder if I want to participate here anymore.

I was literally thinking the exact same thing while reading through this post. 🤦‍♂️ Pretty sad that this is how adults act.