Current Depth Chart

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Current Depth Chart

Post by FYI » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:05 am

With injuries during the season, especially the offensive line, can anyone put up a current depth chart for both offense and defense? Seems we have seen a lot of freshmen on the OL as the season progressed. Thanks
Go Cats. Beat Everyone!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Current Depth Chart

Post by coloradocat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:25 am

Colton Pool usually tweets the depth chart on game day, or the day before. I assume the Cat-griz depth chart is still accurate as we didn't really lose anyone in that game (Ty Okada should be back next week).

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:29 am

FYI wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:05 am
With injuries during the season, especially the offensive line, can anyone put up a current depth chart for both offense and defense? Seems we have seen a lot of freshmen on the OL as the season progressed. Thanks
Go Cats. Beat Everyone!
The o line should be back with Kidd Redd Perkins Tui Sessions…tui was suspended during EWU game, then Session missed Griz game but should be back after the bye. The only major injury we have with defense is Rygg, which I don’t think he’s coming back, and then Okada sounds like he’s a go as well.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:35 pm

jgrilley406 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:29 am
FYI wrote:
Go Cats. Beat Everyone!
The o line should be back with Kidd Redd Perkins Tui Sessions…tui was suspended during EWU game, then Session missed Griz game but should be back after the bye. The only major injury we have with defense is Rygg, which I don’t think he’s coming back, and then Okada sounds like he’s a go as well.
Seriously? Whoah... this is extremely good news if true. I thought Sessions might be gone for the season. Also I was questioning the health of Ifanse and Elliot... and Tyrel, Bauman, Sain, and isn't one of our TE's banged up? Assume Coy isn't coming back either.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:38 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:35 pm
jgrilley406 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:29 am
FYI wrote:
Go Cats. Beat Everyone!
Seriously? Whoah... this is extremely good news if true. I thought Sessions might be gone for the season. Also I was questioning the health of Ifanse and Elliot... and Tyrel, Bauman, Sain, and isn't one of our TE's banged up? Assume Coy isn't coming back either.
Yes, Coy and Bauman are out but then Bauman was not on the 2 deep. Sain has played in almost every game. Tyrel is a week to week decision. Everyone else is available. Now being available and being at 100% are 2 different things but then there is not a team in the country that is 100% healthy this time of year.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:31 pm

Maybe should put out an early one with Troy at running back and let them plan for the wrong player.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

topshelfthepuck
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by topshelfthepuck » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:44 am

From the presser yesterday, Sessions out again this week with it sounding like Reimer back in at RT. I can't figure out why Cole Sain is not getting more run with these O Line injuries. I know he has been banged up a bit, but you'd have to think our 6th Offensive Lineman from the start of the season would be the best option if available and adjust the line again like they did against ISU.

Rygg is still a big injury to the D Line and as mentioned he is most likely out for the season after Wyoming. Also the D has been playing without Askelson as the main linebacker backup and he may be done for the year as well.

Pretty good really at this point in the year to only be missing about 5 to 6 players going in to our 12th game. Testament to our offseason work and probably the length of delay between our last meaningful games and this season.

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:55 am

Can someone clarify for me what happened to Ifanse (injury-wise) in the game against Idaho?

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:15 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:55 am
Can someone clarify for me what happened to Ifanse (injury-wise) in the game against Idaho?
Leg issue.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:16 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:
I don't know exactly but he was wearing a big knee brace last week. I'd heard earlier in the season he had a PCL injury but has been playing through it. Not sure how accurate that is so take it with a grain of salt.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:16 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:
It was reported as bruising/wear and tear. He also was cramping during the EWU game and was not himself against um. You would be hard pressed to find a bigger benefit to the off week than number 22 getting some time off. I also hope the game on Saturday is never really in doubt so we can keep his work load down. We will definitely need him as we move on in the bracket.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:23 pm

Reimer will be in much better shape chemistry-wise this game. He’s a very good up-and-comer and nearly won the starting job at RT. MSU is better off with him taking over RT than shuffling players around. I don’t expect to see as drastic a drop off this week as you saw two weeks ago.

Ifanse and Elliott will be healthier. MSU had four very physical games in a row. This bye is probably more beneficial than the last one. The game going into the first bye was also physical. ISU ran seemingly every play as did Idaho, which was also very physical on defense. A lot of players came out of the Idaho game banged up, especially on offense.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:32 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:15 pm
TIrwin24 wrote:
Leg issue.
"Lower body" issue.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:44 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:
Leg issue.
"Lower body" issue.
Oh yeah, thanks for correcting me.

toM StUber

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:27 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:44 pm
coloradocat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:
Leg issue.
"Lower body" issue.
There are only two types of injuries according to Brent Vigen - upper body, and lower body.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:39 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:27 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:
Leg issue.
"Lower body" issue.
There are only two types of injuries according to Brent Vigen - upper body, and lower body.
Ha, true.
I wonder what a mid-body injury such as a groin injury would be - upper or lower... Is "lower body" just the legs, or is it everything from the waist down...
#thingsThatMakeYouGoHmm

CalgaryCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CalgaryCat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:49 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:27 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:
Leg issue.
"Lower body" issue.
Brent Vigen- big hockey guy

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:04 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:23 pm
Reimer will be in much better shape chemistry-wise this game. He’s a very good up-and-comer and nearly won the starting job at RT. MSU is better off with him taking over RT than shuffling players around. I don’t expect to see as drastic a drop off this week as you saw two weeks ago.

Ifanse and Elliott will be healthier. MSU had four very physical games in a row. This bye is probably more beneficial than the last one. The game going into the first bye was also physical. ISU ran seemingly every play as did Idaho, which was also very physical on defense. A lot of players came out of the Idaho game banged up, especially on offense.
I was reluctant to rewatch Cat griz, but with the Oline depth being one of the questions marks I decided to see what some of the biggest problems were. Unfortunately the blaring issue with the line was Reimer at RT for his first start. The first two plays I skipped to in the game Reimer gets beat inside with a moderate juke which stopped the run for a loss. Next play was a pass and Tui knowing Reimer is over matched doubles which left a direct path to McKay. Had McKay not not been forced to chuck the ball up McC had his guy beat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tui is moved to RT like he was earlier in the season and someone else starts at RG.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:45 pm

Team10 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:04 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

I was reluctant to rewatch Cat griz, but with the Oline depth being one of the questions marks I decided to see what some of the biggest problems were. Unfortunately the blaring issue with the line was Reimer at RT for his first start. The first two plays I skipped to in the game Reimer gets beat inside with a moderate juke which stopped the run for a loss. Next play was a pass and Tui knowing Reimer is over matched doubles which left a direct path to McKay. Had McKay not not been forced to chuck the ball up McC had his guy beat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tui is moved to RT like he was earlier in the season and someone else starts at RG.
Yup. Losing TJ was huge. I commented after the Idaho game that RR needed to grow up in a hurry or the Griz game could get ugly. It's not his fault, just young and raw and needs reps. Vigen commented about this in the presser. He now has 6 quarters under his belt, will get a full game Saturday and hopefully those live reps really help him progress because that next round game, likely heading to SHSU... we'll REALLY need the OL to be on point. No, I'm not overlooking the game this Saturday but YES, I am fairly confident on a hard fought Cat victory!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:45 pm
Team10 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:04 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

Yup. Losing TJ was huge. I commented after the Idaho game that RR needed to grow up in a hurry or the Griz game could get ugly. It's not his fault, just young and raw and needs reps. Vigen commented about this in the presser. He now has 6 quarters under his belt, will get a full game Saturday and hopefully those live reps really help him progress because that next round game, likely heading to SHSU... we'll REALLY need the OL to be on point. No, I'm not overlooking the game this Saturday but YES, I am fairly confident on a hard fought Cat victory!
I think Rush will surprise people this week. His 2 quarters against UI was without 1st team practice reps, and last week was a tough place to have your first start. He looked very slow off the count partly due to noise, but also due to having to "think" too much. This start is after 2 weeks with the 1st team and a significant number of practice reps. The 6 quarters he has already played will help him in all aspects of preparation, including film study. He'll be confident and effective this week. Watch for it.