“We’ll, we’re not Alabama” in 5, 4, 3,…

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: “We’ll, we’re not Alabama” in 5, 4, 3,…

Post by rivercat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 am

utucats wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:22 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:19 am
rivercat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:15 am
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:54 am
Its just a game for sure, yet it means so much to us. Saban has some good points, but he also has become very wealthy widely due to those same college fans.

I 100% agree that we should not be slamming/ overly critical of players. But college coaches that make more money than surgeons know what they are signing up for.
Saban became wealthy because he is the best coach in NCAA FB and his Boosters are willing to pay for that. That fact also allows him the freedom to speak his opinion on any and all things. While I'm no 'Tide fan, I respect Saban and enjoy listening to him.

On this subject, I agree with not calling out college athletes. If there are problems, the coaches are responsible for them and fans calling them out is fine.
Saban wasn’t speaking for himself. He was speaking for his players. As he should. When people, be they fans, players, coaches, or parents, take sports too seriously I applaud anyone that says something.
TC, you post on this board as much as anyone so maybe include yourself in taking sports to seriously.

The whole system requires us to take it seriously. Folks that don’t care also don’t write checks.

Saban has moved many kids in and out of the starting lineup and has been more than willing to make tough changes in pursuit of winning. His point is that the kids want to win more than anyone and he is correct but that doesn’t mean that coaches who are not putting our best product on the field are beyond critique. He never says that.
I think your point is the same as those you responded to.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:30 am

utucats wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
rivercat wrote:
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Its just a game for sure, yet it means so much to us. Saban has some good points, but he also has become very wealthy widely due to those same college fans.

I 100% agree that we should not be slamming/ overly critical of players. But college coaches that make more money than surgeons know what they are signing up for.
Saban became wealthy because he is the best coach in NCAA FB and his Boosters are willing to pay for that. That fact also allows him the freedom to speak his opinion on any and all things. While I'm no 'Tide fan, I respect Saban and enjoy listening to him.

On this subject, I agree with not calling out college athletes. If there are problems, the coaches are responsible for them and fans calling them out is fine.
Saban wasn’t speaking for himself. He was speaking for his players. As he should. When people, be they fans, players, coaches, or parents, take sports too seriously I applaud anyone that says something.
TC, you post on this board as much as anyone so maybe include yourself in taking sports to seriously.

The whole system requires us to take it seriously. Folks that don’t care also don’t write checks.

Saban has moved many kids in and out of the starting lineup and has been more than willing to make tough changes in pursuit of winning. His point is that the kids want to win more than anyone and he is correct but that doesn’t mean that coaches who are not putting our best product on the field are beyond critique. He never says that.
TC is a sports journalist who has been on BN since about its inception, and he has provided tons of useful information to us on this board. Thats why he has a lot of posts.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:32 am

rivercat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 am
utucats wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
rivercat wrote:
bobcatfan123 wrote:

It’s true but my first point about Tom loving the Cats more than a normal human should I wanted to point out. It makes me sad to see him taking the high road when we all know he is one of us!! :D

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:36 am

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:30 am
utucats wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
rivercat wrote:
bobcatfan123 wrote:

TC is a sports journalist who has been on BN since about its inception, and he has provided tons of useful information to us on this board. Thats why he has a lot of posts.
:lol: Classic sports journalist move, stop caring so much about the product I’m writing about!

Tom is a Cats fan with a classic Cat fan technique for coping. Act like it doesn’t matter.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:36 am

utucats wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:32 am
rivercat wrote:
utucats wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
rivercat wrote:
bobcatfan123 wrote:

It’s true but my first point about Tom loving the Cats more than a normal human should I wanted to point out. It makes me sad to see him taking the high road when we all know he is one of us!! :D
Thank God Bobcat Fever isn't as mentally debilitating as griz flu :D

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 am

rivercat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:36 am
utucats wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:32 am
rivercat wrote:
utucats wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
rivercat wrote:
bobcatfan123 wrote:

Thank God Bobcat Fever isn't as mentally debilitating as griz flu :D
Griz flu has much worse side effects mostly tied to questioning one’s sexuality!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:44 am

I enjoy MSU whether MSU is winning or not. Honestly. Yeah, I have a 24-hour period of celebrating/mourning, but that's it. Has nothing to do with caring. I care. MSU allowed me to graduate, barely. My degree got me a ton of things if life that I never would've gotten. So I'll always love MSU. Not just football, but everything. I like to analyze sports and shed some hyperbole on it. I can't continue to overthink it days after a game. I just come to realize that it's out of my control and that the people that know the most are the coaches and they're not idiots.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:48 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:44 am
I enjoy MSU whether MSU is winning or not. Honestly. Yeah, I have a 24-hour period of celebrating/mourning, but that's it. Has nothing to do with caring. I care. MSU allowed me to graduate, barely. My degree got me a ton of things if life that I never would've gotten. So I'll always love MSU. Not just football, but everything. I like to analyze sports and shed some hyperbole on it. I can't continue to overthink it days after a game. I just come to realize that it's out of my control and that the people that know the most are the coaches and they're not idiots.
I enjoy your posts Tom. Just having a bit of fun with you.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:55 am

utucats wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:48 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:44 am
I enjoy your posts Tom. Just having a bit of fun with you.
:lol: 8) :thumbup:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber