Saban has a Point

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Saban has a Point

Post by gtapp » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:52 am

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Saban has a Point

Post by PortlandCat90 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:16 am

Thanks for posting this. It's perfect.

I can't believe how the fair-weather anonymous "fans" come on here and bash our team for being 9-2 with a seed to the playoffs, because they are unhappy and think they could do better. Geezus, we are even name-calling our OC and judging him by the clothes that he wears.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:28 am

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:16 am

I can't believe how the fair-weather anonymous "fans" come on here and bash our team for being 9-2 with a seed to the playoffs, because they are unhappy and think they could do better. Geezus, we are even name-calling our OC and judging him by the clothes that he wears.
Expecting an OC to perform like a professional (i.e. dressing like an adult) isn't "name calling". Its setting reasonable and realistic expectations.

If you think most of the posters here are name calling, or "bashing" players or the team, you aren't reading very closely.

Go back and watch the video. Apparently Nick Saban understands dressing appropriately for his job as a highly paid employee of the university.

Like I said on the other thread, not dressing the part isn't really a big deal...its just indicative of a coach that isn't paying attention to the details off the field, so its not super surprising that he's not paying attention to the details ON the field.

PortlandCat90

Post by PortlandCat90 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:34 am

onceacat wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:28 am
PortlandCat90 wrote:

Expecting an OC to perform like a professional (i.e. dressing like an adult) isn't "name calling". Its setting reasonable and realistic expectations.

If you think most of the posters here are name calling, or "bashing" players or the team, you aren't reading very closely.

Go back and watch the video. Apparently Nick Saban understands dressing appropriately for his job as a highly paid employee of the university.

Like I said on the other thread, not dressing the part isn't really a big deal...its just indicative of a coach that isn't paying attention to the details off the field, so its not super surprising that he's not paying attention to the details ON the field.
When a poster types "Fire that prick Housewright" it is pretty clear to me that this is name-calling. Pretty immmature but you and I can agree to disagree.

The Patriots should fire Belichick in your world. He wore a torn sweatshirt with an Under Armor logo on it during the press conference last week.

Hopefully Housewright wears clean underwear while he is tearing apart game film at 2 a.m. to make you happy.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:47 am

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:34 am
onceacat wrote:
PortlandCat90 wrote:

When a poster types "Fire that prick Housewright" it is pretty clear to me that this is name-calling. Pretty immmature but you and I can agree to disagree.

The Patriots should fire Belichick in your world. He wore a torn sweatshirt with an Under Armor logo on it during the press conference last week.

Hopefully Housewright wears clean underwear while he is tearing apart game film at 2 a.m. to make you happy.
Thats why I said "most" posters. Its totally reasonable to say "Housewright has performed really poorly for the last month" without name calling. Yeah, not everyone has said that without name calling, but MOST have.

When Housewright takes his team to 17 BSC championships or 6 FCS championships or wins 3 Coach of the Year awards, he can wear whatever he wants. But as long as his unit is underperforming the Jamie Marshall defenses, he needs to get his head out of his *** and fix things.

I don't think Housewright is watching game film at 2 AM. If he did, he wouldn't have been surprised by the Griz defensive scheme.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:56 am

PortlandCat90 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
PortlandCat90 wrote:

Ha. You'll have to point to where he said that the person that typed what you have in quotes was ok. He didn't address it. So please stick to the facts at hand. You hadn't specifically brought that up so how can he read your mind to know what you're talking about. If you want to address that, you say, "one poster posted this and I find that unacceptable." And we'll all agree.

As far as "The Hoody" goes, there's a reason that's his nickname. And alot of people do have issue with how he dresses. But his boss doesn't so that's all that matters. But we can still have opinions on it. But if that's not okay with you then we'll have to agree to disagree. (See what I did there. 😉)

MTnative

Post by MTnative » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:53 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
PortlandCat90 wrote:

You're literally assigning the behavior of ONE board poster to everyone that is being critical of Housewright. If you don't that, I'm at a loss for words.

Housewright is going to get canned for the course he is taking if he doesn't change quickly.