Troy Big Sky DPOY!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Troy Big Sky DPOY!!

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Well Deserved!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

MTBluesCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MTBluesCAT » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:49 pm

Congrats Troy! One of my All-Time favorite Bobcats and a better person. Well deserved!

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:56 pm

Well Deserved Award---I agree the Troy from 1st 2 games and the Troy over last 4-5 games are much different----he was such a dominant force all over the field in all aspects of the game-----a True MVP caliber player. We will never see a Troy type versatile player again with that much ability in all aspects of football field again....going back to the earlier thread in forums. That was Jason Bourne haha

96 Engineering and 99 Education

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:04 pm

Well, I can’t add any more superlatives than have already been stated. Just that Troy Andersen has given me so much enjoyment watching him play these last 4 seasons and so a big Thank You from me. I certainly agree that this is well deserved and that I will never see someone like him again at MSU in my lifetime.

I still remember the first time I saw Troy. It was at an early August practice before his Freshman season. He was at RB and went around the edge and down the sideline. I turned to the person next to me, who I did not know, and we both said “Holy Sh**” to each other at the same time. I could tell Troy was special, but little did I realize just how special.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Totally deserved. He's not done receiving awards IMHO.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:36 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:56 pm
Is Troy the best FCS football player to ever come out of Montana??? This question should get some of you knowledgeable people going.
Pat Donovan (Helena High, Stanford, Dallas) is the best as of right now.
Yup, best all around athlete in Montana history, so far. Let's see what Troy can do going forward.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Congratulations Troy.

Well deserved.

Thank you for your attitude, work ethic and perseverance.
The definition of team captain.

Have a wonderful day!!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:03 pm

kwcat wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:47 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:41 am
kwcat wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:34 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 am
Oh boy...queue the Griz fan triggering in 3, 2, 1.

In all seriousness, three Griz were good enough to be in the conversation this year with O'Connell & Ford having the stats to back it up with Lewis having the pedigree and steady play. Troy simply just got better throughout the year and was a primary reason why we are so good defensively in 2021.
While those players in Missoula might’ve been good enough to win the award. Their extracurricular activities during the last game lost them votes. Troy doesn’t have that mean streak but he has the talent
What extra curricular activities?
On the field stuff. If you were not at the last game quite a bit of it wasn’t seen on camera. Some of it was and you can watch it on the replay on YouTube of the highlights. From Mathew loves ball. My understanding is I’m not the only one that caught those activities on the field. Similar to the antics of what number 10 was doing in Missoula a few years ago that everybody forgot about and forgot who he was!
I will stop my comments at that point.
I have not forgotten #10, and am forever grateful to Chris Murray for ending up sitting on him in the end zone that day.

Our #15 rises above all that. Well earned, Troy!!!
💙💛😺
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Vigo

Post by Lord Vigo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Lol.

Imagine being such a natural athlete that you could switch to a new position your senior year, not practice most of the time, and be so good at it that you're BSC DPOY.

You run out of good things to say about Troy Anderson.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Freshman of the Year. First Team @ QB. What else?

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:08 pm

Super happy for him! He has given everything he has to this program and has showed an unselfish attitude through it all.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:44 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Is Troy the best FCS football player to ever come out of Montana??? This question should get some of you knowledgeable people going.
Marc Mariani would be up there as well.
Agreed that Mariani would be up there. But man, it's hard to argue with the impact TA had for all four years, especially considering it was basically four different positions. If you take pro success out of the equation, you get guys like Vince Huntsberger and Kane Ioane who made huge impacts for all four years, but I think you also have to recognize that the BSC overall is better than it was when those guys played. Some good teams back then, but top to bottom I think it's considerably better, and TA has given every team we've seen fits since 2016. It's crazy. People will be talking about him for generations, every time a great athlete comes around. "Listen here, sonny, this kid's good but you should've seen Troy Andersen play".

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:47 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:44 pm
SACCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Agreed that Mariani would be up there. But man, it's hard to argue with the impact TA had for all four years, especially considering it was basically four different positions. If you take pro success out of the equation, you get guys like Vince Huntsberger and Kane Ioane who made huge impacts for all four years, but I think you also have to recognize that the BSC overall is better than it was when those guys played. Some good teams back then, but top to bottom I think it's considerably better, and TA has given every team we've seen fits since 2016. It's crazy. People will be talking about him for generations, every time a great athlete comes around. "Listen here, sonny, this kid's good but you should've seen Troy Andersen play".
What about the kid from Hardin in the mid 2000s. Played for missoula and then the Falcons. I just cant remember his name.

Hating the griz since 02.

CatBot

Post by CatBot » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:49 pm

Anybody else notice this board stopped talking about Chuck Norris about the same time Troy showed up on campus? Coincidence? :-k

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:47 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
What about the kid from Hardin in the mid 2000s. Played for missoula and then the Falcons. I just cant remember his name.
Kroy Bierman (sp?)...yeah he deserves to be in the conversation, but again I think the pro career influences that a little bit. I think it's fair to say TA is a better college player. Just like Tim Tebow was a great college player but that didn't translate in the NFL. Charlie Ward is another one. Christian Laettner and Adam Morrison come to mind in basketball too. Absolute studs in college. You get into two different arguments. Best college player and best overall, which should include a pro career.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 pm

CodyCat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Kroy Biermann

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:00 pm

It's hard to say any of the other names mentioned are in Troy's league when it comes to "best FCS football player" to come out of Montana. Name another player who played multiple positions in his career and won All Conference awards at each one.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:05 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 pm
CodyCat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Kroy Bierman (sp?)...yeah he deserves to be in the conversation, but again I think the pro career influences that a little bit. I think it's fair to say TA is a better college player. Just like Tim Tebow was a great college player but that didn't translate in the NFL. Charlie Ward is another one. Christian Laettner and Adam Morrison come to mind in basketball too. Absolute studs in college. You get into two different arguments. Best college player and best overall, which should include a pro career.
Thank you! Thats who I was thinking. I still think he is the best player Ive ever seen (besides Troy) play in Bobcat Stadium.

Hating the griz since 02.

Lord Vigo

Post by Lord Vigo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:15 pm

From Dane Brugler, the main NFL draft guy over at The Athletic:

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:16 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:36 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Pat Donovan (Helena High, Stanford, Dallas) is the best as of right now.
Yup, best all around athlete in Montana history, so far. Let's see what Troy can do going forward.
I think in terms of positional players, then yes, Donovan tops the list. But in terms of shear athletic talent, then it's Troy and no one is close. Troy reminds me of a Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, or as someone else mentioned, Jim Thorpe. Someone who can do it all. If you put Donovan at QB or RB, no way he has success like Troy has had when asked to play a different position.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay