Dylan Snyder, WR, Butte America Commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Dylan Snyder, WR, Butte America Commits

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:47 am

Never made a commitment post but his Twitter header indicates he’s onboard. Can never have enough Butte kids. Interesting but his first position is WR, but looks like his secondary position was defensive end - that's a combo you don't see much.

On that note - shocked how many MT kids both Cats and Griz have coming in - and there is still some that I know of that should get a chance (Simpson out of Billings, Kautzmann from Butte, and Rendina out of Glacier)

Curious how many are full offers - I’d assume just Dowler twins
Last edited by Bozcat003 on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Dylan Snyder, WR, Butte America Commits

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 am

Nice! Love the Butte pipeline.

I’m just guessing, Vim probably knows better, but I’d be surprised if Caden Dowler was a full ride.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:49 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 am

I’m just guessing, Vim probably knows better, but I’d be surprised if Caden Dowler was a full ride.
Why?

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:49 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Why?
I was thinking the same as BB, but VIM follows all this much closer than I. I have seen them play three times this year and from my armchair position Taco absolutely passes the eye test and is 100 percent D1 full ride talent. I didn't get that impression from watching Caden, but I feel he is damn good and potentially a D2 full ride, or partial at MSU with a chance to prove himself and earn a full ride.

I think we've had this discussion every year about how many MT players are really legit D1 full ride players coming out of HS and that number might average 4 or 5 players on a normal year?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:56 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:49 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Why?
Mainly because he hasn’t been playing that long and is still very much a projector. I think those types are better as a partial, but if the coaches disagree then I won’t argue with them.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:51 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:40 am

Welcome to MSU

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:06 am

Snyder had 37 catches for 571 yards and 7 TDs last year. He was coming off an injury.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:50 am

Great article in the Montana Standard about Snyder today. Said he was ghosted by griz coaches and that his family, who are die hard griz fans, have given their griz gear to Goodwill.

Ladies and gentlemen the Butte, America pipeline is open for business!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:52 am

Bocephus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:50 am
Great article in the Montana Standard about Snyder today. Said he was ghosted by griz coaches and that his family, who are die hard griz fans, have given their griz gear to Goodwill.

Is there a link to the story?

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:57 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:52 am
Bocephus wrote:

https://mtstandard.com/sports/college/b ... 4aa33.html

See if this works. I ran out of “free articles.” MT Standard is a pay to read site after a couple free.

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:59 am

Sounds like he has the frame and motor to be a D-End.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:36 am

Bocephus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:57 am
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

See if this works. I ran out of “free articles.” MT Standard is a pay to read site after a couple free.
Sounds like a great kid who will fit in great with the culture of this team.

It's pretty annoying that an article about a kid committing to MSU is all about UM. I'm honestly getting pretty sick of Victor Flores's writing style (asking MSU players what they think of UM's win over Washington). UM is mentioned 4 or 5 times before MSU is mentioned at all, and the first reference to MSU is "UM's rival"

Let's celebrate a kid and his commitment to a college....

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:26 am

Bocephus wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

Here's the 406 MT Sports link, no worries about free articles running out there: https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 95971.html

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:27 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:36 am
Bocephus wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

It's pretty annoying that an article about a kid committing to MSU is all about UM. I'm honestly getting pretty sick of Victor Flores's writing style (asking MSU players what they think of UM's win over Washington). UM is mentioned 4 or 5 times before MSU is mentioned at all, and the first reference to MSU is "UM's rival"

Yep, Victor is bad. I quit clicking on anything he writes or links on Twitter. Sometimes he is first but if you wait a few hours someone else will have the exact same info he provides.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:05 am

Bocephus wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

Delete the cookies on your computer and you should be able to get on the site again for more free articles.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Dylan Snyder, WR, Butte America Commitsstalk a Bobcat Nation, so

Post by AFCAT » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:09 am

LTown Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:27 am
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

Yep, Victor is bad. I quit clicking on anything he writes or links on Twitter. Sometimes he is first but if you wait a few hours someone else will have the exact same info he provides.
He is starting to get really annoying to me too. I don’t expect a Frank Gogola but being decent to the Cats would be nice. Flores does stalk on BN so hopefully he will get a clue soon.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:43 am

wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

100% agreed about Flores. He’s a complete hack. He’s technically just not a good writer, and I don’t know what Montana State did to piss in his cheerios, but his anti-Bobcat bias seeps off the page in every article he writes. I also have started to not click on anything he links. Hopefully Parker will decide to go another direction once he takes over soon.

GO CATS GO!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:58 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:43 am
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

100% agreed about Flores. He’s a complete hack. He’s technically just not a good writer, and I don’t know what Montana State did to piss in his cheerios, but his anti-Bobcat bias seeps off the page in every article he writes. I also have started to not click on anything he links. Hopefully Parker will decide to go another direction once he takes over soon.
Huh? I don’t care much for Flores either, but I LOVE that article!!! Makes um look like what they are: a bunch of idiots. Also like that he has huge chip on his shoulder.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:08 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:58 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:43 am
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

Huh? I don’t care much for Flores either, but I LOVE that article!!! Makes um look like what they are: a bunch of idiots. Also like that he has huge chip on his shoulder.
I love the quotes from Dylan, but the article itself is terrible in how it’s written and presented. There’s a hundred different ways he could have gone with the article, but this way just made it more about griz football than about Dylan.

GO CATS GO!!!