MSU vs. UT-Martinsecond round game prediction thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

MSU vs. UT-Martinsecond round game prediction thread

Post by iaafan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:12 am

It's a foregone conclusion that Tenn-Martin will thump Missouri State so we may as well get this thing going.

Tenn-Martin 44
MSU - 3

The OVC is just too good for the BSC. TMart is the legit #1
team out of that conference, sorry Austin P. We'll give them a good game though. I think Andersen will get some cracks on offense and that our QB will have a good game passing, but TMart has a stud QB and is very innovative on offense. It'll be a rough day for the defense. Hopefully Okada and Thomas are back because the Other team can really chuck the ball around. Nothing to hang their heads about, because TMary is a very good team. They remind me of NDSU in 2010.
Last edited by iaafan on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU vs. MSU second round game prediction thread

Post by MSU01 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:31 am

I think the Bobcat team is going to have a great two weeks of prep and will be very, very motivated to come out and prove the doubters wrong on December 4. Bobcat Nation will have another meltdown when MSU goes 3 and out on its first drive, but everything will come together after that.

MSU (Cats) 30
MSU (Bears) 14

If UTM pulls off the upset, let's go with 37-7 for the Bobcats.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:42 am

Is this for real? The games are played on the field for a reason. MO State just lost to Youngstown on Saturday. @iaafan maybe you should take a break from the board for awhile. You haven't been posting like your usual self. It's been a lot less sarcasm and a lot more doom and gloom mixed with some nonsense. How about we wait to make predictions until we ACTUALLY know who we are playing.
Last edited by BleedingBLue on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

CatsFan10
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsFan10 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:48 am

This thread is a joke right? We don’t even know who we are playing and we’re already seeing ghosts …

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:14 am

What kind of mental state do you have to be in to start a prediction thread for a game that is 11 days away where we don't even know our opponent, just so you can predict a loss?

You'll feel better every day leading up to the game, let's all just relax!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BobbyPetrinoBearsFan
New Recruit

Post by BobbyPetrinoBearsFan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:17 am

Man, it feels like bad luck to make a post like this prematurely but with UTM's QB likely out for the game in Springfield, you have to think it will be an MSU vs. MSU game next week.

I can close my eyes and hear "I'm Coming Home" by Skylar Grey being played in the Missouri State Bears locker room after Montana's Native Son, the pride of Carroll College, Bobby Petrino's team reigns victoriously over Mr. NDSU Brent Vigen's squad in a hard fought 31-28 game at Bobcat Stadium.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 am

BobbyPetrinoBearsFan wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:17 am
Man, it feels like bad luck to make a post like this prematurely but with UTM's QB likely out for the game in Springfield, you have to think it will be an MSU vs. MSU game next week.

I can close my eyes and hear "I'm Coming Home" by Skylar Grey being played in the Missouri State Bears locker room after Montana's Native Son, the pride of Carroll College, Bobby Petrino's team reigns victoriously over Mr. NDSU Brent Vigen's squad in a hard fought 31-28 game at Bobcat Stadium.
I can assure you Bobby isn't either Montanas Native Son, nor the pride of Carroll College. :lol:

You'd be hard-pressed to find another person or family more disliked in Montana.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:52 am

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:14 am
What kind of mental state do you have to be in to start a prediction thread for a game that is 11 days away where we don't even know our opponent, just so you can predict a loss?

LOL :lol: Spot on Celtic, spot on.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 am

I'll go this way...if it is Missouri State it will be no easy deal. A little FYI here or the uneducated....
They lost to Oklahoma State 23-16
They lost to Kansas by 3,
They beat a solid South Dakota team who had beaten NAU 34-7 and Cal Poly 48-14.
They went toe-to-toe with NDSU, leading at the half before losing 27-20. Should note, NDSU had 5 sacks!
They beat a good North Dakota team 32-28.

Montana State will need to bring their "A" game!!

Tennessee Martin is another kind of story.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:02 am

I'd be pumped if we can score 28 points!!!! If we do, we will have a chance to win.

Hating the griz since 02.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 am

Cats 27
Petrino's 24

Cats 38
Volunteers 13

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:25 am

Missouri State is a really tough draw. They are a very good team from a very good conference. If the Cats play like they have the last 2 games, we will get beat. If we play like we did at EWU (sans the 2 turnovers) or earlier in the season, we will win.

Our offense will need to score in the 20s in order to win. That doesn't seem like a tall task for most offenses but it is with ours. It will start with whether or not TJ Sessions is healthy and back at RT, and whether Isaiah and Elijah are healthy at RB.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:27 am

CelticCat wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Openly laughed at this thought as well.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CatsFan10
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsFan10 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Welcome to playoff football:

Do you want UNI or EWU or SDSU or MO St, or etc…

There are obviously a few better draws but let’s have some faith, we are the 8 seed. Someone has to come here and beat us. Bring it.

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:01 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 am

I can assure you Bobby isn't either Montanas Native Son, nor the pride of Carroll College. :lol:

You'd be hard-pressed to find another person or family more disliked in Montana.
His father, the legendary Carroll head coach, 5'5" Bobby Petrino sr. remains a legend in his home town, Butte. Bob sr. played football at Boys Central (now Butte Central) and was a star running back for head coach and legend in many places, Jim Sweeney.
Bob sr. was a finalist for the HC job with Cliff Hysell...another legend.
Small world.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:37 pm

FYI wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:01 pm
ilovethecats wrote:

His father, the legendary Carroll head coach, 5'5" Bobby Petrino sr. remains a legend in his home town, Butte. Bob sr. played football at Boys Central (now Butte Central) and was a star running back for head coach and legend in many places, Jim Sweeney.
Small world.
Why is the family so disliked in Montana?

Hating the griz since 02.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:04 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:27 am
CelticCat wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Openly laughed at this thought as well.

Ha! Good stuff. It’s pretty amazing the impact a cat-griz loss has on fans.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:15 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:37 pm
FYI wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:01 pm
ilovethecats wrote:

Small world.
Why is the family so disliked in Montana?
I don't know much about Bobby other than what's in the press, he's older than me. And I can only speak for myself, not all of Montana... but they are/were bullies, they always seemed to be looking for or causing trouble, looking for fights, etc.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:35 pm

This is dumb

Punters are people too!!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:58 pm

I think we are probably in for another drubbing from Missouri State. I think those two road games at Eastern and Weber were extremely hard on this team. The two last games with Idaho and Montana were also very physical. This team doesn't have the stamina to keep playing these hard games. I think they have mentally packed it up for the year. College football is an extremely hard season and few can stay mentally focused late in November and especially December.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire