Playoffs! #8 MSU vs UT-Martin

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Re: Playoffs! #8 MSU vs ???

Post by CodyCat » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:50 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:08 am
iaafan wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 am
Griz fans are pissed.
Probably because the only beat one team with a winning record all season. Unfortunately, that was the Cats but it isn’t like they had an amazing schedule with amazing wins. Even the UW game now looks pathetic. EWU most likely at home, then JMU and NDSU on the road…….I will be surprised if they even make it past EWU.
missoula will beat eastern and it won’t be close.

Hating the griz since 02.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:58 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:50 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
Probably because the only beat one team with a winning record all season. Unfortunately, that was the Cats but it isn’t like they had an amazing schedule with amazing wins. Even the UW game now looks pathetic. EWU most likely at home, then JMU and NDSU on the road…….I will be surprised if they even make it past EWU.
I agree

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:58 pm

CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
I don’t know about that. Eastern has a QB that can take advantage of the griz d’s aggressiveness.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:16 pm

CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
Okay, Jimmy the Greek, how much will they win by?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:19 pm

iaafan wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:16 pm
CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
Hey remember this thread started by.....

viewtopic.php?t=50529

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:29 pm

CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
No they won’t and it won’t be close.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:30 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:19 pm
iaafan wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:16 pm
CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
Hey remember this thread started by.....

viewtopic.php?t=50529
Nope. Your eyes were playing tricks on you.

But seriously, why didn’t you bet me?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:39 pm

CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
I don't know... the griz played really well twice this year. Once at Washington, and then in Cat griz. I mean they were a missed PAT away from losing at home to SUU, the last place team in the conference.

And the only thing that kept them close at EWU the first time was a KO return TD from Flowers, otherwise they lose by 2 scores in Cheney.
It will depend on which griz team shows up Friday.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:45 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:39 pm
CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
I don't know... the griz played really well twice this year. Once at Washington, and then in Cat griz. I mean they were a missed PAT away from losing at home to SUU, the last place team in the conference.

And the only thing that kept them close at EWU the first time was a KO return TD from Flowers, otherwise they lose by 2 scores in Cheney.
See, when it’s not Montanabob I know it’s sarcasm.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:11 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:39 pm
CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.

I’d be more concerned about the Eags offense. No question griz D is great. But that EWU offense looks to be a shell of itself after they fired their OC.

I think griz match up to them much better right now, and they’re playing at home.

On the flip-side, I think EWU is actually playing a little defense currently and the griz O is still terrible.

I think it’ll be a great game with the griz winning by 7-10

JDoub
Member # Retired

Re: Playoffs! #8 MSU vs UT-Martin

Post by JDoub » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:49 am

Haven't seen UTM play

But I have some paper observations:

UTM lost their first regular season game, and their last, and won all games in between for a 9-2 record. Sound familiar?

UTM averages 32 pts per game, 219 rushing yds/game and 183 passing yds/game
Cats give up 13 pts per game, 113 rush yds and 168 pass yds per game

Cats average 29 pts per game, 218 rushing and 190 passing yds per game
UTM gives up 25 pts per game, 129 rushing and 225 passing yds per game

Teams look similar on paper at a high level, but still advantage Bobcats. I think the Cats will hit their offensive and defensive averages, and UTM will not. So, something like 28-12 Bobcats.

justafan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by justafan » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:55 am

iaafan wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:29 pm
CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
I think at home the griz will give Eric Barriere a lot of trouble, very similar to what they did to us. There is just no way to prepare for the crowd. My Brother in-law lives in Spokane and his wife is an ewu grad so they have season tickets and he said for some reason they are going backwards. UNI was not very good and they had plenty of chances to beat ewu. I don't think a 5 day turn around helps them either. Kind of a dirty thing to do to traveling teams, give them a friday night game.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:47 am

justafan wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:55 am
iaafan wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
I think at home the griz will give Eric Barriere a lot of trouble, very similar to what they did to us. There is just no way to prepare for the crowd. My Brother in-law lives in Spokane and his wife is an ewu grad so they have season tickets and he said for some reason they are going backwards. UNI was not very good and they had plenty of chances to beat ewu. I don't think a 5 day turn around helps them either. Kind of a dirty thing to do to traveling teams, give them a friday night game.
No way to prepare for the crowd? EWU has won at UM almost as many times as we have. UNI isn't very good? That's debatable.

EWU is the most motivated team in the playoffs. They beat UM, finished tied with them in the BSC and overall, yet they didn't get a bye and now have to play AT um. I see their defense, which isn't affected by crowd noise, being very fired up for this game and wreaking havoc on UM's offense. The Griz are all fat and happy after beating us for the first time in five years, so I see EWU picking up where they left off the first time they beat them and getting off to a fast start and UM not having the firepower to comeback.

EWU 34, UM 21 (could be a lot worse)

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:34 am

I agree with the post above. Alot of games depend on matchups and I don't think the Griz match up well with Eastern. I think EB will be moving around more and Eastern has seen all of the blitzes the Griz brought last time. Look again for a very tired Griz defense as Eastern takes advantage late and pulls away.

GO CATS!!!

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:01 am

Even if UM beats EWU (which I don’t see because if EWU beats Weber and MSU, they are ranked #2-#3 going into the playoffs) the road that they have to go after that is going to be brutal. JMU or SELA winner will beat UM. NDSU at home will beat UM. The Griz are always good at home in the playoffs, but they are beatable at home.

Punters are people too!!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Playoffs! #8 MSU vs UT-Martin or Bobby Petrino and Missouri State

Post by gtapp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:09 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:27 am
They are complaining about $20 tickets for the game?

Fans. Gotta love ‘em.
Those aren't fans! Let's see: Driving out from MN, hotel, gas, food, game, DRINKS,,, About $1600. $20???? Stay home!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

justafan

Post by justafan » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:11 am

iaafan wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:47 am
justafan wrote:
iaafan wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.
No way to prepare for the crowd? EWU has won at UM almost as many times as we have. UNI isn't very good? That's debatable.

EWU is the most motivated team in the playoffs. They beat UM, finished tied with them in the BSC and overall, yet they didn't get a bye and now have to play AT um. I see their defense, which isn't affected by crowd noise, being very fired up for this game and wreaking havoc on UM's offense. The Griz are all fat and happy after beating us for the first time in five years, so I see EWU picking up where they left off the first time they beat them and getting off to a fast start and UM not having the firepower to comeback.

I would say 34 griz ewu 20 because they will miss at least one extra point...hope I am wrong but I was right when I predicted we get beat by them 21-10 I think you had it 28-10 or something like that. so I will stick with my prediction..find out friday i guess.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:15 am

As far as not attending because of a loss to the griz: You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution. Winning teams are built on support. Full stadiums means more money, better recruiting and making Bozeman a more desirable location for future coaches. You want to beat the griz next year then do your part. Be at the game, be loud, be proud and buy some merchandise.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

justafan

Post by justafan » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:19 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:01 am
Even if UM beats EWU (which I don’t see because if EWU beats Weber and MSU, they are ranked #2-#3 going into the playoffs) the road that they have to go after that is going to be brutal. JMU or SELA winner will beat UM. NDSU at home will beat UM. The Griz are always good at home in the playoffs, but they are beatable at home.
griz would play sela at home. I can see sela beating jmu. I agree ndsu at home is a killer and away for that matter. That is who I would have my money on for the NC.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:28 am

iaafan wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:47 am
justafan wrote:
iaafan wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Griz fans are pissed.

Is that a forgone conclusion like Missouri St beating Martin and then the Cats? Or just a regular prediction?