Playoffs! #8 MSU vs UT-Martin

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: Playoffs! #8 MSU vs ???

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:07 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:11 pm
:?: :roll: :yawn:
KIX wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:26 pm
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
iaafan wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 am
Griz fans are pissed.
:thumbup:
I simply don’t understand this change in their attitude. They’ve been talking national championship ever since UW, and now they are complaining that they have to actually win games against other teams to get to Frisco. Theoretically the actual National Champion should be able to beat any team in the field. Are they complaining because they think these other teams are now better than them? :?: :roll:
Kind a like some cat fans worried about who we are going to play when and where. We need to worry about that before yesterday to have the easiest path. Got to meet them someplace. would’ve been nice to have a few more games at home. Hopefully we take care of business and right the ship.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: Playoffs! #8 MSU vs UT-Martin or Bobby Petrino and Missouri State

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:40 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:19 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:32 pm
Neither of the teams we could play is Montana, Mr. doom and gloom. I think the only thing thing that could hurt ticket sales is the weather.
You're wrong about that, I've already heard from friends that said they won't be attending playoffs after yesterday's ass kicking.
You can say what you want about that, but it's just a fact that when we get embarrassed by our rival, fans are less excited about spending money and driving across the state for a game.
You’re not wrong, and it has nothing to do with being “die-hard” or not. I hope we pack the stadium, but I know as a fan who suffered through the streak that I’m not quite as jacked up to make yet another $600+ trip to Bozeman as I would be if we had put up a decent fight yesterday. Cat / Griz is a big deal and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when we show up like “little brother”. I don’t play on the team, and while I donate $$, I don’t spend any blood, sweat or tears… so I suppose I get jaded about little things like the brawl while there is still a bigger picture in play.

Hopefully some good company and a hearty Thanksgiving dinner will fix that bad taste in my mouth. I can’t make it to Bozeman for the 2nd round due to family commitments anyway, so at least I’m off the hook as far as feeling guilty about it goes. I’ll be watching for sure, and hoping for about three assloads of better effort from the people in charge of our offense.
Hopefully Thanksgiving goes well for you. Would like to see you there. Playoff football is awesome. I’m still pissed about yesterday‘s loss but I’ll be there and be loud. Wish you well.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:59 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:56 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:22 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:26 pm
91catAlum wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
aucat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:29 pm
I am just hoping for some MAJOR offensive adjustments. Otherwise I don't see a happy time in Bobcat Stadium on Dec. 4.
And the terrible showing against UM will definitely hurt ticket sales in my opinion.
Neither of the teams we could play is Montana, Mr. doom and gloom. I think the only thing thing that could hurt ticket sales is the weather.
You're wrong about that, I've already heard from friends that said they won't be attending playoffs after yesterday's ass kicking.
You can say what you want about that, but it's just a fact that when we get embarrassed by our rival, fans are less excited about spending money and driving across the state for a game.
Hopefully they change their minds. But I'll tell you what, outside of 2019 Cat/Griz the stadium was the loudest I've heard it against Austin Peay that same year. And it wasn't full.
Agree. That place was rocking.
Remember the Furman game in 2006? Only 9,500 people there and it was loud. Fun game.
Nah-- before my time. But sounds fun!
What are you, 12? :lol:

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:12 pm

The New Hampshire game in 2011. On the last drive and extra point the crowd was rocking. Still one of my favorite moments in Bobcats stadium.

Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:55 pm
I agree with the sentiment that Missouri State is the favorite to come out of this game and travel on up to Bozeman.

Statistically, their run defense is pretty stout but without being as good as the best that MSU has seen this year (it's far worse than UM's, not as good as Weber's, pretty much on part with Idaho's). So if the Cats can get right, they should be able to move the ball on the ground. But if they're still really banged up along the line and in the backfield, it could be another long day.

The aspect of the numbers that's exciting to me about the matchup is how many TFL they allow. If you have trouble keeping defenders out of the backfield generally, you're going to have a long day against MSU.
They've also given up the 4th most sacks in the FCS, 46. That's 4.18 a game.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Catbacker_1 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:12 pm
The New Hampshire game in 2011. On the last drive and extra point the crowd was rocking. Still one of my favorite moments in Bobcats stadium.
I was in the end zone right in line with the goal post on that kick. Place went nuts when he missed it. You can’t beat playoff football!

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:29 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
aucat wrote:
I am just hoping for some MAJOR offensive adjustments. Otherwise I don't see a happy time in Bobcat Stadium on Dec. 4.
And the terrible showing against UM will definitely hurt ticket sales in my opinion.
Hopefully they change their minds. But I'll tell you what, outside of 2019 Cat/Griz the stadium was the loudest I've heard it against Austin Peay that same year. And it wasn't full.
Remember the Furman game in 2006? Only 9,500 people there and it was loud. Fun game.
In one sense I’m ancient, but I was reincarnated on June 16, 1989 when I convinced that simp, Janosz, to bring me a baby so I could return to this world. So I guess I’m 32.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:48 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:29 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
aucat wrote:
In one sense I’m ancient, but I was reincarnated on June 16, 1989 when I convinced that simp, Janosz, to bring me a baby so I could return to this world. So I guess I’m 32.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

aucat

Post by aucat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:19 am

Yes I am still hacked off by our showing against UM. I expected a hard fought close competitive game. Getting whipped the way we did really was a shock to me and leaves a bad taste, but I will be there on Dec. 4. I've been to every one going back to the Furman game. I don't want bad roads but I would like a snowy, cold day. It just seems to jack up the crowd. Get the fire pit going in the tailgate, down a few brats and beers and be ready to rumble at 2 p.m.
Right now my biggest concern is our QB play. I trust our coaches to do what is necessary between now and Dec. 4. I would be fine with Tucker Rovig starting, whatever, but do something. The status quo ain't gonna cut it against good teams in the playoffs.

ButteCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteCat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:02 am

Wonder if Petrino will ride up on his motorcycle with his babe on the back?

MSUBRONCO

Post by MSUBRONCO » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:33 am

Bocephus wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:17 pm
Catbacker_1 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:12 pm
I was in the end zone right in line with the goal post on that kick. Place went nuts when he missed it. You can’t beat playoff football!
Me too end zone, second row, directly behind the up right he hit was still a student, yes I did rush the filed after

ButteCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteCat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:48 am

St George

Post by St George » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:52 am

ButteCat wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:02 am
Maybe Monte can give him riding lessons.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:53 am

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:37 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:31 pm
I'll bet Paul and Bobby are on the phone today. By the end of the day Bobby knows what he has to do to beat us. Now we have to change something that makes that less than viable!
Based on what Bobby has to look forward to in the playoffs (Eastern Washington, then James Madison), I think he’ll be spending his time saving his own sorry ass.
Paul Petrino & Bobby Petrino not Bevis

Wouldn't be surprised if Paul is at the game to help his brother, (looking for a job)

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:07 am

I find it disheartening there are fans out there who are willing to skip a playoff game because we lost to the Griz. That to me says "little brother". When I was in school from 2001-2008 (don't judge) we got exactly ONE home game, 2006. Before that it was 1984. Playoff football is special and if you would have attended if we beat the Griz but won't because we lost, well that is your choice but just remember we could miss the playoffs next year and never make it again.

Plus I live in WA and I'd kill to be able to attend any game let alone a playoff game.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:25 am

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:07 am
I find it disheartening there are fans out there who are willing to skip a playoff game because we lost to the Griz. That to me says "little brother". When I was in school from 2001-2008 (don't judge) we got exactly ONE home game, 2006. Before that it was 1984. Playoff football is special and if you would have attended if we beat the Griz but won't because we lost, well that is your choice but just remember we could miss the playoffs next year and never make it again.

Plus I live in WA and I'd kill to be able to attend any game let alone a playoff game.
THIS! ^^^^

For f@#ks sake people, it's one game. We have a chance to right the ship and make a long playoff run. The days of basing our season's success solely on one game should be over. How freaking comical would it be to lose Cat-griz this year, and wind up as national champions?! I'd laugh my ass off all day long!!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:33 am

CelticCat wrote:

Your post is spot on. My first year at MSU was 2000 so things could be MUCH worse than being a seed heading into the playoffs. I'm as disappointed as the next about Saturday, but I'm excited to have at least one more Saturday afternoon in Bobcat Stadium this fall.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:39 am

CelticCat wrote:

You’re right of course. But you’re never going to change the minds of those that only care about the Brawl and nothing after.

I used to feel the same as you but I’ve changed my tone. I don’t care if those fans skip playoffs because we lost to the griz. Their seats become up for grabs, and fans that want to be there swoop them up.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 am

I've already forgotten about Saturday. At this point t it doesn't matter anymore. It is disheartening to hear fans are letting this ruin the rest of the season when it comes to them attending or not attending games though.

I did have a co-worker email our entire office this morning saying poooooooor poooooor Bobcats, GREAT Grizzlies. I replied and said congrats on the win, hopefully your team is more focused on the upcoming gauntlet they'll have to run run through to even sniff a national championship. Have fun in Harrisonburg, and Fargo, if you even get past Eastern or UNI.

Oh and just a side note you are the reason people don't like Griz fans. :lol:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:56 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:39 am
CelticCat wrote:

You’re right of course. But you’re never going to change the minds of those that only care about the Brawl and nothing after.

I used to feel the same as you but I’ve changed my tone. I don’t care if those fans skip playoffs because we lost to the griz. Their seats become up for grabs, and fans that want to be there swoop them up.
There seems to be a cycle for fans, but it isn't the same for everyone. I used to go to every function and game I could get to if it had to do with Cat-Griz, but over the years I now find that I don't enjoy Cat-Griz week. I used to take Friday off at work to avoid the Cat-Griz pot luck. I like the game, but it isn't my favorite game of the year. That would be any playoff game. I like home conference games against old school BSC teams better than Cat-Griz. I haven't missed a home playoff game since 1976, but I've only been at the Cat-Griz game three times in the last 15 years and of the 12 times I wasn't at the game I only watched it on TV twice. This year I drove out of cell range, went for a hike, and didn't come back until 3:30 to avoid seeing tweets/texts about it. I got the news from my daughter in a text. She said, "go cats" with a single tear emoji. That made my day! Went to Village Inn and had a pizza and a beer. In bed by 8:00. :)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber