Put in Rovig

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Put in Rovig

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:57 pm

This is a joke.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Put in Rovig

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:58 pm

Can Rovig throw and complete a quick pass over the middle when the entire defense is blitzing?

If yes, then put him in.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:59 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:57 pm
This is a joke.
Housewright gonna get him killed too

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:02 pm

Yup, Rovig is better. This is not good

KeepTheChange
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KeepTheChange » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Are we watching the same game? I see nothing for McKay. Defense in the backfield immediately, receivers covered, poor play calling.... how is this a QB problem?

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:14 pm

KeepTheChange wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:08 pm
Are we watching the same game? I see nothing for McKay. Defense in the backfield immediately, receivers covered, poor play calling.... how is this a QB problem?
It’s a hope that TR can bail out the Oline & OC

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm sorry, but Matt has gone to ******. Bench him. What the ****** Vigen?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:31 pm

KeepTheChange wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:08 pm
It’s 3 problems:

1. McKay has lost every ounce of confidence the last 4 or 5 games. Anyone who doesn’t see that is blind. He has been a shell of the player we saw the first couple games of the season.

2. The OL has been a pretty average all season, and today was the breaking point.

3. Houswright is realllly bad..... I mean, my dear lord.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

killinthegriz4
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by killinthegriz4 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:18 pm

This game was an embarrassment to the program. Really? We are worst offensive team UM has played this year? I can't believe McKay wasn't pulled in 2nd quarter. He was shellshocked! His passing was like a scared 8th grader. Who was he throwing to half of the time? I didn't see one screen pass today but then I was at a bar and not watching much after I saw the peanuts on the floor wee more interesting than the Cat's offense. How can 3 defensive players be in the backfield in 1 second and coaching staff not come to realization a screen play back to back to back to back to back to back may stop that nonsense.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:37 pm

If Rovig is not the starter in the upcoming playoff game.... then I will have lost all faith in this coaching staff.

Its 100% the right move that needs to happen to give this team any chance going forward. Hope the coaches have enough balls to do what needs to be done.

It is a very, VERY easy decision at this point.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:58 pm

Which is combo is Vigen most likely to go with in the playoffs?

Housewright/McKay
Housewright/Rovig
Udy/McKay
Udy/Rovig

As a first time head coach that seems to not take any decision lightly, I think he stays with Housewright and lets him either dig his own grave or redeem himself. I also think he's not going to destroy the confidence of the QB that still has a year of eligibility left. While many here would love to see if Udy has any playcalling talent and can get more out of McKay, he's not Vigen's guy and if Vigen is going to get a new OC in the offseason that guy almost definitely isn't on the staff today.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:02 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:58 pm

Housewright/McKay
Housewright/Rovig
Udy/McKay
Udy/Rovig

As a first time head coach that seems to not take any decision lightly, I think he stays with Housewright and lets him either dig his own grave or redeem himself. I also think he's not going to destroy the confidence of the QB that still has a year of eligibility left. While many here would love to see if Udy has any playcalling talent and can get more out of McKay, he's not Vigen's guy and if Vigen is going to get a new OC in the offseason that guy almost definitely isn't on the staff today.
Everything will stay as is I would guess.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:04 pm

coloradocat wrote:

Housewright/McKay
Housewright/Rovig
Udy/McKay
Udy/Rovig

I think all of that is accurate. FWIW, Rovig has a year of eligibility left too, and is clearly an above average FCS QB. And there are going to be several Big Sky schools looking for a QB next year.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:12 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:37 pm
If Rovig is not the starter in the upcoming playoff game.... then I will have lost all faith in this coaching staff.

Its 100% the right move that needs to happen to give this team any chance going forward. Hope the coaches have enough balls to do what needs to be done.

It is a very, VERY easy decision at this point.
I agree. I won’t go so far as to say Rovig but I’ll say that McKay needs to be on the sidelines.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:12 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:04 pm
coloradocat wrote:

Housewright/McKay
Housewright/Rovig
Udy/McKay
Udy/Rovig

I think all of that is accurate. FWIW, Rovig has a year of eligibility left too, and is clearly an above average FCS QB. And there are going to be several Big Sky schools looking for a QB next year.
Rovig has already graduated, very doubtful he stays in college another year just for football.
If we're going to switch, I'd rather roll with Bauman at this point.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:16 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:12 pm
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Housewright/McKay
Housewright/Rovig
Udy/McKay
Udy/Rovig

Rovig has already graduated, very doubtful he stays in college another year just for football.
But we can't since he's hurt. Unless he's out of his cast.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:16 pm

91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Housewright/McKay
Housewright/Rovig
Udy/McKay
Udy/Rovig

It looked like Bauman was wearing a cast on his arm when the Cats played Idaho.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:20 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:16 pm
91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Housewright/McKay
Housewright/Rovig
Udy/McKay
Udy/Rovig

It looked like Bauman was wearing a cast on his arm when the Cats played Idaho.
Oh, I didn't know.
Side note, Okada was on the sidelines today after getting hurt, with his arm in a sling. Hope it's not a broken arm or anything season ending.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:39 pm

91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Housewright/McKay
Housewright/Rovig
Udy/McKay
Udy/Rovig

Grad school. Its hard to pass up a masters degree when someone else is paying for it.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:41 pm

91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Housewright/McKay
Housewright/Rovig
Udy/McKay
Udy/Rovig

Already stated he won't be back next year.