Put in Rovig

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Put in Rovig

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:01 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:16 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:10 pm
This might be the most unhappy BN has been when we've had a good team - I mean the Cats have only won 9 regular season games 4 times since 1984, 3 of those were Ash in 10, 11 and 12, and it took the 2019 squad 12 games to do it.

I’ve said this in other posts. But what u are saying is not accurate.

You can be excited about this years team and frustrated/critical about something at the same time. That’s ok.

I could not be more jacked about this season! But yes, I’m extremely frustrated with what we are seeing on offense. It’s a joke.
I 2nd this. Couldn’t be more excited about this season and this next Saturday. But I’d be lying to everyone if I said I wasn’t very nervous about this offense, and this coordinator.

I think that’s reasonable :-k

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:13 am

Sohedges wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:28 pm
PapaG wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:27 pm
Sohedges wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:01 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:58 am
I'm not going to believe any change has happened until 2 PM on the 4th. Especially not one where a true freshman QB with 4 pass attempts on the season is taking the reigns in the playoffs.
Take it for what it’s worth, rumor or I guess we shall see come December 3.
Troll with 11 posts riling up the McKay lynch mob is hilariously obvious.

What we won’t see is him come back when McKay plays most of the game at QB.
I don’t post here much basically because of guys like you who can’t handle the truth, so you bash opinions and posts that you don’t agree with. Whatever, this makes 12 posts riling up all you McKay fans. I thought he would be better then he has played and in my opinion he is regressing while Tommy is improving and contributes more like he did in the Idaho game.
What have you seen that makes you say Tommy is improving? I thought McKay was the guy for 8 games, I don't anymore but I don't think Tommy is either. What improvement has he shown with his 4 pass attempts this year and inability to hand the ball off? The read option only works if the QB actually reads the D. I'm not trying to bash Tommy but he hasn't done anything to prove he should be the guy yet. We need to be able to pass effectively to win in the playoffs. Has he done that?

Sohedges
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Sohedges » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:27 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:32 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:14 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:12 pm
Sohedges wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:06 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:56 pm
I don't know if it's true or not, but it would totally make sense to me.

People have rightly pointed out how bad all facets of the passing game were on Saturday, not just McKay. And they're right.

But McKay has also been dreadful whenever the running game isn't really effective. So two things can be true-- the OL and the receivers didn't play well AND McKay's play has been a problem (not "OR").

Hopefully, if true, this does not mean that Ifanse and Elliott aren't getting better. It could just be a move that Vigen thinks is best for the offense, but it could also be a move made to replace some rushing production from the backs that they anticipate losing.

If the backs are health and Mellott is the full time player, the potential in the running game is pretty exciting.
I agree, reminiscent of Troy playing QB, but I think Tommy has a better arm. This could be a game changer. Sure hope so.
And I know nothing - but I do think Mellott is the future at QB, which isn’t something I would’ve said in September. Big time first start if true.
Or at a minimum, if this actually happens, this is his audition to be the future.
Yes yes, put in a freshman at QB who has two passes in his playbook, both in mass protection, as an audition for next year when you have Benson/Hardy/O’Reilly/Andersen/Williams as seniors on defense.

Vigen loses that game by benching McKay and Mellot struggles, he loses the team and I’d question his judgment as a coach.

It won’t happen, and we’ll never see this 11 post guy again.

Seems like something that Mike dude who got banned from Missoula games would say in a post.
So you think you know how the team feels about who should be qb1? How do you know what it will take for Vigen to “lose”them? How do you know he hasn’t already lost them by starting McKay? Same o-lineman told me during fall camp that it was obvious to the team who should be starting and it wasn’t McKay, Rovig or Bauman. I want the cats to make a deep run in the playoffs and McKay doesn’t give them that opportunity the way he is playing. He has been regressing in my opinion and Tommy just keeps getting better and contributes more like he did in the Idaho game and yes the team does notice these things. That’s 13 posts now.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:33 am

Man we might need some quality control or something to control these linemen! Apparently they are out there running their mouths like crazy! I haven’t heard of any other position group talking so freely as our “O-linemen”.

Sohedges
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Sohedges » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:05 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:33 am
Man we might need some quality control or something to control these linemen! Apparently they are out there running their mouths like crazy! I haven’t heard of any other position group talking so freely as our “O-linemen”.
So you have never talked to current cat players or the families about the season? You should try it they have a lot of insight that you just don’t get here on the board. I guess I should stop posting about it because it seems to trigger the fellas here. Here’s one more though, I have also heard that Troy is projected to play TE/h-back in the NFL by a lot of the scouts who have been up here following him. What have you heard?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:21 am

Sohedges wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:05 am
ilovethecats wrote:
So you have never talked to current cat players or the families about the season? You should try it they have a lot of insight that you just don’t get here on the board. I guess I should stop posting about it because it seems to trigger the fellas here. Here’s one more though, I have also heard that Troy is projected to play TE/h-back in the NFL by a lot of the scouts who have been up here following him. What have you heard?
I have.

I used to be a Cat athlete and had many friends that were cat athletes. And I lived in north hedges a year!

Currently I have a son in college who’s friends with Cat athletes. But I haven’t heard a thing from him or his friends in regards to their athletics.

I was just pointing out that our offensive linemen are gossips as every story that comes out comes from an offensive linemen.

I should try to talk to more Cat fans and families though. Remind me next Saturday or I’ll forget.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Same linemen that couldn't handle the Griz last week & kept letting McKay get knocked on his ***?

Asking for a friend...

(Note: I'm concerned with the decline in McKay's performance too, but the O-Line at its best has been average, and at its worst like last weekend, was less effective than 5 traffic cones. If its true the O-Line is complaining, then maybe they need to do their job & at least TRY to block a Griz pass rusher. I have trouble believing that its true, but who knows.)

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:55 am

I guess we should add Armstrong to the list?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:57 am

I’m all for having high standards for MSU and the football program, but some of you are real asshats. Please realize this game is for fun, for entertainment, and compared to the rest of us, they’re a bunch of kids playing that have to deal with school and personal problems like everybody else. Be kind.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:40 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:58 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:10 pm
This might be the most unhappy BN has been when we've had a good team - I mean the Cats have only won 9 regular season games 4 times since 1984, 3 of those were Ash in 10, 11 and 12, and it took the 2019 squad 12 games to do it.
To be fair, I waded through the gameday thread on my way home from Missoula Sunday and you seemed VERY unhappy. :lol:
Wasn’t me, I didn’t post in that thread (rarely do) but sure I was very unhappy about the game, who wouldn’t be. I’m worried about the offense. But overall I just try to put things in perspective, I’ve decided to be more excited for the playoffs than I am sad or worried about the team.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:09 am

The best part about the Sohedges poster is that originally they heard a rumor from an O Lineman's dad, and now the poster has been hearing from an O Lineman himself since day 1 that the team wanted Tommy from starting to begin with.

Oh and he's in with the NFL scouts!

Sohedges
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Sohedges » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:20 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:09 am
The best part about the Sohedges poster is that originally they heard a rumor from an O Lineman's dad, and now the poster has been hearing from an O Lineman himself since day 1 that the team wanted Tommy from starting to begin with.

I’m not in with any NFL scouts just some of the players and families I just posted what I had been told about his prospects, real sorry if that upsets you. I thought the point of these boards is to share and discuss things about the cats with other fans who are interested. You apparently are not. Smh

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:25 pm

Bring on the playoffs! This thread needs to die natural death.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Bear Spray II
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bear Spray II » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:36 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
You hand them a donut, they'll talk. Just sayin'.

Guys, your anxiety makes you sound like Egrizzers. Settle down. Vigen hasn't handed the ball to Melot or Rovig because he believes McKay is our best option. Period. Let's hope 2 weeks off gives the staff enough time to load a new scheme to open up opportunities for our run game to shine again, and lets our injured players (McKay in particular) heal up. He needs time to throw, he needs to run the ball (when was the last significant run by McKay?), our starting running backs need time to heal as well. Be thankful today - it' s Thanksgiving - and we have 2 weeks to prepare.......Go Cats!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:53 pm

Bear Spray II wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:36 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
You hand them a donut, they'll talk. Just sayin'.

Guys, your anxiety makes you sound like Egrizzers. Settle down. Vigen hasn't handed the ball to Melot or Rovig because he believes McKay is our best option. Period. Let's hope 2 weeks off gives the staff enough time to load a new scheme to open up opportunities for our run game to shine again, and lets our injured players (McKay in particular) heal up. He needs time to throw, he needs to run the ball (when was the last significant run by McKay?), our starting running backs need time to heal as well. Be thankful today - it' s Thanksgiving - and we have 2 weeks to prepare.......Go Cats!!
Had a 50 yard TD run against EWU and a 30 yard scamper in the first quarter of Cat/Griz (which he was also hit grossly late out of bounds on the back of his lower back leg...no call of course). Anyway, nothing much other than that and it's been a let down all year. I truly thought Matt would be a better scrambler but he doesn't really have a feel for it. He's a better passer than what he's been showing and part of that is TH getting him some easy throws to our playmakers early. Let's hope we can turn the tide two Saturdays from now.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:01 pm

Sohedges wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:20 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:

I’m not in with any NFL scouts just some of the players and families I just posted what I had been told about his prospects, real sorry if that upsets you. I thought the point of these boards is to share and discuss things about the cats with other fans who are interested. You apparently are not. Smh
Definitely not upset :lol: you're not discussing anything either. You came here with a rumor you can't prove is true and are the one taking offense when people don’t believe it. Your above post shows just that. Like I said first you heard from an OL's parents. Now it's the actual OL himself.

Unless you know Troy personally, or his family, you know about about his draft prospects and his projected position (unless a draft expert has said what they think). Scouts aren't just handing that info out to whomever.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:06 pm

LOL... this whole thread is pretty funny. 9-2, first round bye and a home playoff game. Let's start our 4th string QB in the playoffs. :lol:

I think people don't understand how good the UM defense is, it is probably the best defense in the country. On offense - they got healthy at the right time whereas we suffered injuries as the worst positions, at exactly the worst time.

I wouldn't want to be the team that has to play the Bobcats on December 4th.

Happy Thanksgiving Cat Fans!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bear Spray II
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bear Spray II » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:27 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:06 pm
LOL... this whole thread is pretty funny. 9-2, first round bye and a home playoff game. Let's start our 4th string QB in the playoffs. :lol:

I think people don't understand how good the UM defense is, it is probably the best defense in the country. On offense - they got healthy at the right time whereas we suffered injuries as the worst positions, at exactly the worst time.

This.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LoggerCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LoggerCat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:32 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:06 pm

I don’t think anyone is upset that we’re 9-2. This has been an exceptional season but there is a lot to be desired with this offense. It’s just so stale, same thing week after week. This team has so much talent and I think many agree with a couple tweaks here and there on offense they could really take off.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sohedges
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Sohedges » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:47 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:01 pm
Sohedges wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:20 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:

Definitely not upset :lol: you're not discussing anything either. You came here with a rumor you can't prove is true and are the one taking offense when people don’t believe it. Your above post shows just that. Like I said first you heard from an OL's parents. Now it's the actual OL himself.

Unless you know Troy personally, or his family, you know about about his draft prospects and his projected position (unless a draft expert has said what they think). Scouts aren't just handing that info out to whomever.
I guess we will just have to wait and see who starts at qb in 9 days to put my rumor to rest.
Actually I do have connections to Troy. Anything you want me ask him for you about what the scouts have been saying about him?