Choate May Be In Trouble

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Re: Choate May Be In Trouble

Post by CodyCat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:57 am

onceacat wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:49 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:28 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:22 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:07 pm
Is Choate still in trouble? Just trying to get the thread back on track.

Remember gents...the PM function is there for a reason!

Anyway, I really wonder if Jeff is going to have more options after all of this coaching staff turnover settles. Will he get a head coach opportunity, offered a DC job at a Power 5, maybe a G5, or does he come full circle and get let go by Texas to only get a Power 5 position job. Now THAT would be something. Maybe he takes a year off and watches Jory.
If he ends up being the fall guy for the Longhorns, it’s hard for me to see him moving up.

Maybe I’ll be surprised, but I would guess that he’d land a head coaching gig in the FCS or a G5 coordinator job.
I'd bet G5 coordinator or the same position he currently has for another P5 school without the inflated co-DC title.

He was at MSU long enough to understand there aren't many better situations at the FCS level. I think he's only a fit as a head coach for a team that needs a rebuild and a strong presence to instill a gritty, hard working culture but will also support his vision financially. How many FCS programs are going to have the level of community/alumni support that MSU has? He won't go to one of the Idaho schools because no matter how great his press conferences are and how many wins he reaches by year three, he won't have the buy in from the community to move their programs forward. I'd be surprised if he ever comes back to the FCS, at least until the tail end of his career.
DC at Wazzu? Seems like a pretty good fit, historically, regionally, culturally. He’s the sort of team player they want…would have a defensive minded HC. They were an Oregon loss away from playing in the Pac 12 championship game.

They probably wouldn’t be turned off by his performance at Texas & are close enough to the Big Sky to take note.

My acquaintances in Boise are pretty unhappy with the new coaching staff. So maybe his dream job there opens up sooner rather than later too.
The coaching world is definitely cutthroat. If Choate loses his job at texas, I would think he will pretty easily land on his feet somewhere at a P5 school. IF he has been in any of the P5 coaching vacancy talks for any position; HC, DC, etc. I feel like he will get scooped up pretty quickly for those positions mentioned or worse case, for some other roll.

Hating the griz since 02.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:54 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:57 am
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Anyway, I really wonder if Jeff is going to have more options after all of this coaching staff turnover settles. Will he get a head coach opportunity, offered a DC job at a Power 5, maybe a G5, or does he come full circle and get let go by Texas to only get a Power 5 position job. Now THAT would be something. Maybe he takes a year off and watches Jory.
If he ends up being the fall guy for the Longhorns, it’s hard for me to see him moving up.

Maybe I’ll be surprised, but I would guess that he’d land a head coaching gig in the FCS or a G5 coordinator job.
I'd bet G5 coordinator or the same position he currently has for another P5 school without the inflated co-DC title.

He was at MSU long enough to understand there aren't many better situations at the FCS level. I think he's only a fit as a head coach for a team that needs a rebuild and a strong presence to instill a gritty, hard working culture but will also support his vision financially. How many FCS programs are going to have the level of community/alumni support that MSU has? He won't go to one of the Idaho schools because no matter how great his press conferences are and how many wins he reaches by year three, he won't have the buy in from the community to move their programs forward. I'd be surprised if he ever comes back to the FCS, at least until the tail end of his career.
DC at Wazzu? Seems like a pretty good fit, historically, regionally, culturally. He’s the sort of team player they want…would have a defensive minded HC. They were an Oregon loss away from playing in the Pac 12 championship game.

They probably wouldn’t be turned off by his performance at Texas & are close enough to the Big Sky to take note.

My acquaintances in Boise are pretty unhappy with the new coaching staff. So maybe his dream job there opens up sooner rather than later too.
The coaching world is definitely cutthroat. If Choate loses his job at texas, I would think he will pretty easily land on his feet somewhere at a P5 school. IF he has been in any of the P5 coaching vacancy talks for any position; HC, DC, etc. I feel like he will get scooped up pretty quickly for those positions mentioned or worse case, for some other roll.
Not to mention that he is also very well connected in the college football ranks. He would definitely land on his feet at another FBS school. He's not coming back down to the FCS again; he's already told us that he believes that is not the path to the job he wants.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:11 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:54 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:57 am
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Not to mention that he is also very well connected in the college football ranks. He would definitely land on his feet at another FBS school. He's not coming back down to the FCS again; he's already told us that he believes that is not the path to the job he wants.
This is total 100% speculation on my part. But what if....Sam Houston HC KC Keeler moves on to a different position (he hasn't been on board with SHSU moving up), would Sam Houston be a potential fit for Choate?

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:52 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:24 pm
utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

He doesn’t seem like the take a year off type to me.

Kudos on attempting to drag the convo back. The war of words with no actual ramifications is not very entertaining.

Might I suggest we raise some money for MSU by starting an annual boxing smoker for BN posters who hate each other? It would be classic. All the pre right smack talk happens on this site!
I suspect any boxing smoker with BN posters would be more like a slap fight.

I dunno, those Russian slap boxing videos look pretty insane.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:52 pm

Cledus wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:52 pm
AFCAT wrote:
utucats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Kudos on attempting to drag the convo back. The war of words with no actual ramifications is not very entertaining.

Might I suggest we raise some money for MSU by starting an annual boxing smoker for BN posters who hate each other? It would be classic. All the pre right smack talk happens on this site!

How many Russians are on BN?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:14 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:52 pm
Cledus wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
utucats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Before or after we were able to block all the spam traffic that was knocking over the web servers a couple years ago?

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:38 am

kmax wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:14 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:52 pm
Cledus wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
utucats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Im finally in the market for some Adidas shoes and all the spam ads are gone 😕

Before or after we were able to block all the spam traffic that was knocking over the web servers a couple years ago?
I'm finally in the market for some Adidas shoes and now all the spam ads are gone😕

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:56 am

If the money is right and he gets more control of the program, Choate will sign with Fresno State.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:30 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:56 am
If the money is right and he gets more control of the program, Choate will sign with Fresno State.
1.35 million for the outgoing coach, so I'd say the money is right :lol:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:04 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:56 am
That would be interesting... especially since Boise State is in the same conference. They might end up regretting not hiring him over Avalos.