Choate May Be In Trouble

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Choate May Be In Trouble

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:54 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:39 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:27 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:27 pm
justafan wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:03 pm
I do not feel sorry for him one iota. glad he left.
You’re glad the guy who never lost to the griz left?
What if I told you one of the factors in his leaving was he thought MSU was at the peak of what could be done here?
That may be true, but if I heard him say that my first thought would be “recruit a quarterback and then let’s decide what the peak is…”
I wouldn’t disagree with you!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:54 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:03 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:19 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:40 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:36 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:02 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:55 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
justafan wrote:
What if I told you one of the factors in his leaving was he thought MSU was at the peak of what could be done here?
Thats false. Heard him myself say that the next step was to get a top 2 seed so that you can get NDSU outside the fargodome.
Had we won last week, we would've done just that. Along with a conference title.
You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want. What a person tells a family member is often different than what he tells the public.
What the hell is wrong with you? You hear an unsubstantiated statement/rumor and come post it here like it is fact. Then claim that it came from a family member of Choate??? If any of that is true, wouldn’t that family member have shared that with you in confidence? Yet you go post it like fact? What satisfaction do you get out of such a post?

This is great example of why this board has become so difficult to enjoy anymore.
I’m sure you stalking people has nothing to do with the enjoyment of the board going down, huh?
Deflect much??? At least you could admit that you are spreading unfounded rumors. Attacking the character of Coach who did a lot for the program. Why do you do something like that? Does prop up your anonymous ego? Or are you just trying to defame a guy?
Lol.

There’s nothing in there that attacked his character. Shoot, I’ve seen a lot worse said about him than that. I have nothing against Choate. Good coach. Very good at marketing himself. Again, nothing defaming or anything that could be defined as attacking character.

You, on the other hand, are a choade and a stalker. Bad combo bro. I’ll make sure to put my Twitter on private so you don’t go looking for me.
Like anybody would want to follow a belligerent dude like you… :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have such a way with words. So witty, so clever. How do you come up with your material?!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:35 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
justafan wrote:
Thats false. Heard him myself say that the next step was to get a top 2 seed so that you can get NDSU outside the fargodome.
Had we won last week, we would've done just that. Along with a conference title.
You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want. What a person tells a family member is often different than what he tells the public.
What the hell is wrong with you? You hear an unsubstantiated statement/rumor and come post it here like it is fact. Then claim that it came from a family member of Choate??? If any of that is true, wouldn’t that family member have shared that with you in confidence? Yet you go post it like fact? What satisfaction do you get out of such a post?

This is great example of why this board has become so difficult to enjoy anymore.
I’m sure you stalking people has nothing to do with the enjoyment of the board going down, huh?
Deflect much??? At least you could admit that you are spreading unfounded rumors. Attacking the character of Coach who did a lot for the program. Why do you do something like that? Does prop up your anonymous ego? Or are you just trying to defame a guy?
Lol.

There’s nothing in there that attacked his character. Shoot, I’ve seen a lot worse said about him than that. I have nothing against Choate. Good coach. Very good at marketing himself. Again, nothing defaming or anything that could be defined as attacking character.

You, on the other hand, are a choade and a stalker. Bad combo bro. I’ll make sure to put my Twitter on private so you don’t go looking for me.
Your post was not sufficiently positive and thus is was met with severe disapproval from our favorite Twitter surfer.
Sufficiently positive? Seems I was just defending a former coach who I respect. So you are cool with people spreading unsubstantiated rumors? I know you don’t like me, but stuff like that and you jumping on board are great examples of why this place has become a train wreck. Belligerent had zero reason to post that crap except to put Choate in a negative light. I am way closer to the program than you and have heard gossip on many topics, but I have way too much respect for these guys than to drag them through the mud. But you and Belligerent can go ahead and stay classy with such posts….

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24 pm

Cataholic you contribute to most of the train wrecks. You did the same thing with bobcat99. Sometimes it's better not to reply and move on.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24 pm
Cataholic you contribute to most of the train wrecks. You did the same thing with bobcat99. Sometimes it's better not to reply and move on.
Am I wrong above? Or does it even matter? Maybe if people were more vocal about some of the crap here, we would see less of it.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Am I wrong above? Or does it even matter? Maybe if people were more vocal about some of the crap here, we would see less of it.
It doesn't really matter what I think of the above. As I stated earlier in the thread if it is something he said, and I don't know if it is, it's because his biggest weakness was QB development/recruitment. I can see the 2019 team being this program's peak, with Choate at HC, for that reason.

You don't like the way this portion of the discussion has come across and that's fine. My point was you let that be known and then kept going, instead of just backing away. Obviously some posters get under your skin more than others (happens to me to), but sometimes you just gotta let it go.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:18 am

onceacat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:39 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:47 pm
rivercat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:29 pm
onceacat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:54 pm
rivercat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:58 pm
onceacat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:42 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:37 pm
FYI wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:04 pm
rivercat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:36 pm
spring creek cat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:33 pm

Isn’t messinhahm still at k state? So choate is coaching against a coach that he might of pushed out of town. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I think Messingham got offered the OC position at NDSU and wasn't pushed out by Choate.
Correct.
I never really warmed up to Choate. It appeared to me, based on his track record, he would do what he needed to do to move on. He did and he did.
Yes Messingham is still at Kansas State. I was at the game two weeks ago with KSU vs. West Virginia. KSU has one of the best running backs in the nation and prevailed in that particular game.

Someone else might remember better than me, but when Choate came in…as I recall he basically told us as fans that to build the program he wanted….he told us to expect….in Year 1 we would lose big…..in Year 2 we were going to lose small….in Year 3 we were going to win small….and in Year 4 we were going to win big. That was pretty much how it went….with a 11-3 record, dominating win over Griz and semi-final appearance in Year 4. I think we, as an FCS team, had the patient to wait and observe the benefit of building a program over the long haul. At the same time, I wonder if a Power 5 program like UT has a fan base willing to wait out a rebuilding program like that….when I was in Texas that fan base was pretty rabid.

As to Choate doing what he needed to do to move up…….I would much rather have a coach who wanted to succeed and move on than one happy to “exist” in his position. As a supervisor/manager in my past life I found bright smart aggressive ambitious leaders made my job much easier and I enjoyed helping them to move on to a better job….and kept me on my toes to develop and build the next group of leaders…..sure a better scenario than watching someone retire in place.
I don't remember anything remotely close to that back in 2016. I remember everyone being shocked at how poorly the offense played in 2016 despite being stacked with NFL talent & then after a terrible season going back & trying to revise early season expectations.

Super happy with Choate going 4-0 against the Griz, but literally nobody said anything remotely close to that in public until later.
I remember Choate saying that but don't remember being "stacked with NFL talent"

Maybe I missed your joke.
JP Fynn. Chad Newell got a tryout. Mitch Herbert probably would have if his senior season hadn't been so bad. Maybe NFL talent is an exaggeration, but that was as good an offensive unit (outside of QB) as the Cats have ever put on the field.

Maybe Choate said that in QB club meetings. In public, he made it crystal clear that the team needed tweaks, not a fundamental rebuild. Until it became clear that nobody on staff understood how to run an offense or coach a QB.

Revisionism of history is no way to go through life.
Choate said it and Colter repeated it throughout the years at least a dozen times.
No revisionism. Perhaps just educating those who are unaware or did not hear the message. Choate said many many times to trust the process through the years. Even Ioane referred to “trusting the process” when he came back to MSU….in an interview.

From an interview on his return:
Ioane: “I think that first year when we were all together in 2016, we were starting the process of, ‘How can we get ourselves back to where Montana State football should be?’ Coach (Jeff) Choate was trying to implement what he felt should be the proper culture in which a successful team should have, a successful program should have. Initially it was a struggle, it was tough, because when you’re talking about changing culture, you’re talking about changing habits, you’re talking about changing a lot of things, and it takes time. It’s a process. I step away, I actually going to the University of Washington and kind of see the end result, to a certain extent, of coach (Chris) Petersen and how he had built that culture there at the University of Washington from when had first got there until then. It was kind of cool to kind of go from, here’s the start, here’s really what the end result could be. And then now getting a chance to come back and see how much progress has been made and see how close we are and to have seen, watched the playoff games, and to see the guys and just the way they go about their business, how they handle the locker room, and it’s so different from when I first left in 2016. That has been extremely encouraging, extremely positive. It’s been fun to just watch, ‘Ok, we’re on the verge. We’re on the verge of doing some special things around here.’ And we’ve just got continue on the path and stay disciplined to that path and to that process.”
Yes. 2 years later, they changed their tune. That wasn’t the story when they got here.

But you got to give them credit for effectively erasing the pressers from the first 6 months from everyone’s memory.

Here’s a nice trip down memory lane.

https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewt ... 20&t=38105
No it wasn’t two years later. Besides the article I sent you there are numerous others from players and others from Ioane talking about building the culture from the very beginning. Even one interview with Brekke about him almost leaving program before Choate reinvigorated him with changes he was making.

His opening pressers to public and media were the only ones I recall that he mentioned the items you indicate and that was before he had even started spring drills. He would say nothing less in a presser, particularly an introductory presser….smart politics. But by the time his first drills and practices started he and the staff were in rebuild mode and were on the path I quoted earlier.

While living in revisionist history can be kinda tuff I find those living in a state of darkness and denial may have it even tougher because their history will repeat itself….again and again and again.

Enough discussion on this, argue with yourself….hope you win.

My point to begin with was that Choate had a multi-year plan to rebuild MSU and he was successful at it….but I’m not sure Texas fans have the same level of patience. Another plus for Choate being considered at UW is that he is a Petersen disciple, the UW fans and administration remember the 3 years of rebuilding and the process Petersen used to make their program successful, so a similar vision by Choate may be more palatable there.

I’m outta here.

Lord Vigo

Post by Lord Vigo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:20 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Lol.

Your post was not sufficiently positive and thus is was met with severe disapproval from our favorite Twitter surfer.
Sufficiently positive? Seems I was just defending a former coach who I respect. So you are cool with people spreading unsubstantiated rumors? I know you don’t like me, but stuff like that and you jumping on board are great examples of why this place has become a train wreck. Belligerent had zero reason to post that crap except to put Choate in a negative light. I am way closer to the program than you and have heard gossip on many topics, but I have way too much respect for these guys than to drag them through the mud. But you and Belligerent can go ahead and stay classy with such posts….
A forum is designed for people to discuss by engaging with others’ posts.

You seem much more interested in policing than engaging, in exposing other people as inadequate fans, rather than talking to them.

Instead of “I disagree and here’s why,” it’s more often “how dare you post such a thing!”

It’s gotten old in a hurry, maybe because it’s such a cliche of fan forums. All of them seem to have at least one.

aucat

Post by aucat » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:08 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:53 pm
aucat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:44 pm
AFCAT wrote:
justafan wrote:
Amen to that. I remember right after Choate was hired. We were tailgating near the tennis courts and I went into the Brick to use the bathroom. Choate was walking down the steps and I merely said "Good luck Coach." He turned around, came all the way back up the stairs, stuck out his hand to a complete stranger and said "Thank you very much, I appreciate it." He could have just yelled back thanks and kept going.

No, after getting kicked around for so many years by the Griz, I absolutely loved Choate. The guy had swagger and that came across with our team. I remember the Rob Ash years too well. This year's game with the Griz reminded me of those years.

I wish he was still here but he's not. So I hope Vigen has developed an good understanding of the importance of this game. I would rather be 7-4 with a win over the Griz than 9-2 and getting our tails handed to us.
Not me, I'll take the 9-2. Last week sucked for sure, I can't stand losing to those guys. But 9-2 means a bye week and a seed. 7-4 means playing the first round and then going on the road to a seed, usually NDSU. HUGE difference there.
I think most MSU fans would agree with me in this day and age. If this was 2002, then you're right, it was more important to beat the griz. But now, we need to set our sights a little higher.
I hear what you are saying and I completely respect your point of view. But I have a question. Were you in Missoula for the beatdown? Here's my point. I know this is just silly conjecture but sometimes that's what we do here. Suppose we had gone into the game with a 6-4 or 7-3 record and whipped UM. Yes, we would be hosting a playoff game Saturday and I can guarantee you the fans would be absolutely fired up. True we have a bye and that's great. We host a game next week. We are working on licking our wounds and trying to get back up for the playoffs. But losing in a beatdown to the Griz is bad. Really bad. I'm sorry but the a win over the Griz is worth two wins over other teams. To me anyway.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:18 pm

aucat wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:08 pm
91catAlum wrote:
aucat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
justafan wrote:
Amen to that. I remember right after Choate was hired. We were tailgating near the tennis courts and I went into the Brick to use the bathroom. Choate was walking down the steps and I merely said "Good luck Coach." He turned around, came all the way back up the stairs, stuck out his hand to a complete stranger and said "Thank you very much, I appreciate it." He could have just yelled back thanks and kept going.

No, after getting kicked around for so many years by the Griz, I absolutely loved Choate. The guy had swagger and that came across with our team. I remember the Rob Ash years too well. This year's game with the Griz reminded me of those years.

I wish he was still here but he's not. So I hope Vigen has developed an good understanding of the importance of this game. I would rather be 7-4 with a win over the Griz than 9-2 and getting our tails handed to us.
Not me, I'll take the 9-2. Last week sucked for sure, I can't stand losing to those guys. But 9-2 means a bye week and a seed. 7-4 means playing the first round and then going on the road to a seed, usually NDSU. HUGE difference there.
I think most MSU fans would agree with me in this day and age. If this was 2002, then you're right, it was more important to beat the griz. But now, we need to set our sights a little higher.
I hear what you are saying and I completely respect your point of view. But I have a question. Were you in Missoula for the beatdown? Here's my point. I know this is just silly conjecture but sometimes that's what we do here. Suppose we had gone into the game with a 6-4 or 7-3 record and whipped UM. Yes, we would be hosting a playoff game Saturday and I can guarantee you the fans would be absolutely fired up. True we have a bye and that's great. We host a game next week. We are working on licking our wounds and trying to get back up for the playoffs. But losing in a beatdown to the Griz is bad. Really bad. I'm sorry but the a win over the Griz is worth two wins over other teams. To me anyway.
No I wasn't there in person. And you're right that losing the way we did, and hardly even being competitive, was awful. Reminded me of the 2019 game but in reverse.
I'm just speaking in general, I'd rather go 9-2 with a loss to them than go 7-4 with a win.
But if you asked would I rather go 7-4 with a win over them or go 9-2 and get a total ass kicking from them, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you and take the win with 7-4.

aucat

Post by aucat » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:23 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:18 pm
aucat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
aucat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
justafan wrote:

Amen brother we are not far off in our thinking, but you are right. Time to look ahead and get fired up for the playoff game next week!
No I wasn't there in person. And you're right that losing the way we did, and hardly even being competitive, was awful. Reminded me of the 2019 game but in reverse.
I'm just speaking in general, I'd rather go 9-2 with a loss to them than go 7-4 with a win.
But if you asked would I rather go 7-4 with a win over them or go 9-2 and get a total ass kicking from them, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you and take the win with 7-4.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:07 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:18 am
onceacat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:39 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:47 pm
rivercat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:29 pm
onceacat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:54 pm
rivercat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:58 pm
onceacat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:42 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:37 pm
FYI wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:04 pm
rivercat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:36 pm

I think Messingham got offered the OC position at NDSU and wasn't pushed out by Choate.
Correct.
I never really warmed up to Choate. It appeared to me, based on his track record, he would do what he needed to do to move on. He did and he did.
Yes Messingham is still at Kansas State. I was at the game two weeks ago with KSU vs. West Virginia. KSU has one of the best running backs in the nation and prevailed in that particular game.

Someone else might remember better than me, but when Choate came in…as I recall he basically told us as fans that to build the program he wanted….he told us to expect….in Year 1 we would lose big…..in Year 2 we were going to lose small….in Year 3 we were going to win small….and in Year 4 we were going to win big. That was pretty much how it went….with a 11-3 record, dominating win over Griz and semi-final appearance in Year 4. I think we, as an FCS team, had the patient to wait and observe the benefit of building a program over the long haul. At the same time, I wonder if a Power 5 program like UT has a fan base willing to wait out a rebuilding program like that….when I was in Texas that fan base was pretty rabid.

As to Choate doing what he needed to do to move up…….I would much rather have a coach who wanted to succeed and move on than one happy to “exist” in his position. As a supervisor/manager in my past life I found bright smart aggressive ambitious leaders made my job much easier and I enjoyed helping them to move on to a better job….and kept me on my toes to develop and build the next group of leaders…..sure a better scenario than watching someone retire in place.
I don't remember anything remotely close to that back in 2016. I remember everyone being shocked at how poorly the offense played in 2016 despite being stacked with NFL talent & then after a terrible season going back & trying to revise early season expectations.

Super happy with Choate going 4-0 against the Griz, but literally nobody said anything remotely close to that in public until later.
I remember Choate saying that but don't remember being "stacked with NFL talent"

Maybe I missed your joke.
JP Fynn. Chad Newell got a tryout. Mitch Herbert probably would have if his senior season hadn't been so bad. Maybe NFL talent is an exaggeration, but that was as good an offensive unit (outside of QB) as the Cats have ever put on the field.

Maybe Choate said that in QB club meetings. In public, he made it crystal clear that the team needed tweaks, not a fundamental rebuild. Until it became clear that nobody on staff understood how to run an offense or coach a QB.

Revisionism of history is no way to go through life.
Choate said it and Colter repeated it throughout the years at least a dozen times.
No revisionism. Perhaps just educating those who are unaware or did not hear the message. Choate said many many times to trust the process through the years. Even Ioane referred to “trusting the process” when he came back to MSU….in an interview.

From an interview on his return:
Ioane: “I think that first year when we were all together in 2016, we were starting the process of, ‘How can we get ourselves back to where Montana State football should be?’ Coach (Jeff) Choate was trying to implement what he felt should be the proper culture in which a successful team should have, a successful program should have. Initially it was a struggle, it was tough, because when you’re talking about changing culture, you’re talking about changing habits, you’re talking about changing a lot of things, and it takes time. It’s a process. I step away, I actually going to the University of Washington and kind of see the end result, to a certain extent, of coach (Chris) Petersen and how he had built that culture there at the University of Washington from when had first got there until then. It was kind of cool to kind of go from, here’s the start, here’s really what the end result could be. And then now getting a chance to come back and see how much progress has been made and see how close we are and to have seen, watched the playoff games, and to see the guys and just the way they go about their business, how they handle the locker room, and it’s so different from when I first left in 2016. That has been extremely encouraging, extremely positive. It’s been fun to just watch, ‘Ok, we’re on the verge. We’re on the verge of doing some special things around here.’ And we’ve just got continue on the path and stay disciplined to that path and to that process.”
Yes. 2 years later, they changed their tune. That wasn’t the story when they got here.

But you got to give them credit for effectively erasing the pressers from the first 6 months from everyone’s memory.

Here’s a nice trip down memory lane.

https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewt ... 20&t=38105
No it wasn’t two years later. Besides the article I sent you there are numerous others from players and others from Ioane talking about building the culture from the very beginning. Even one interview with Brekke about him almost leaving program before Choate reinvigorated him with changes he was making.

His opening pressers to public and media were the only ones I recall that he mentioned the items you indicate and that was before he had even started spring drills. He would say nothing less in a presser, particularly an introductory presser….smart politics. But by the time his first drills and practices started he and the staff were in rebuild mode and were on the path I quoted earlier.

While living in revisionist history can be kinda tuff I find those living in a state of darkness and denial may have it even tougher because their history will repeat itself….again and again and again.

Enough discussion on this, argue with yourself….hope you win.

My point to begin with was that Choate had a multi-year plan to rebuild MSU and he was successful at it….but I’m not sure Texas fans have the same level of patience. Another plus for Choate being considered at UW is that he is a Petersen disciple, the UW fans and administration remember the 3 years of rebuilding and the process Petersen used to make their program successful, so a similar vision by Choate may be more palatable there.

I’m outta here.
Lol, all you have to do is find ONE single person that said that prior to the season.

You’ve totally changed the story from “it was going to be terrible for a year, blah blah” into “Kane & Brekke talked about the culture change”. Not even remotely similar to the same thing.
Of course, no one said what you said they said.. That’s because the plan of “we need to burn down the village in order to save it” didn’t come out until after the village had been accidentally burned down!

Choate was a god awful coach in Year 1. But he learned from his mistakes, fixed a lot of the things he botched in year 1 & consistently got better. Which is a good thing to keep in mind on some of these threads.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:55 pm

aucat wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:23 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:18 pm
aucat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
aucat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
justafan wrote:

Amen brother we are not far off in our thinking, but you are right. Time to look ahead and get fired up for the playoff game next week!
Let’s meet them in Frisco and whip their asses there. I’d be ok with that.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:15 am

Lord Vigo wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:20 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Lol.

A forum is designed for people to discuss by engaging with others’ posts.

You seem much more interested in policing than engaging, in exposing other people as inadequate fans, rather than talking to them.

Instead of “I disagree and here’s why,” it’s more often “how dare you post such a thing!”

It’s gotten old in a hurry, maybe because it’s such a cliche of fan forums. All of them seem to have at least one.
Just asking for people to be decent human beings, especially to a couple Bobcats that have been good to the program. Sorry if that is asking too much.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:57 am

Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
You might be right. If we were more vocal about the crap we see here maybe it would result in less crap. So here goes: when you don't like something someone posted, you often get into an argument with them and totally derail the thread. You won't let it go. And often it results in you making personal attacks and/or bringing up the dispute in other threads. You should make your point and then let it go.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 am

catbooster wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:57 am
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
You might be right. If we were more vocal about the crap we see here maybe it would result in less crap. So here goes: when you don't like something someone posted, you often get into an argument with them and totally derail the thread. You won't let it go. And often it results in you making personal attacks and/or bringing up the dispute in other threads. You should make your point and then let it go.
In other words, say your piece and then let them continue being dicks. Got it. You may not be aware, but there are hundreds of posters that quit posting here because they got tired of all the garbage. I will step back and let the Belligerents of the world go for it. In my opinion, one step closer to becoming Egriz…

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:29 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 am
catbooster wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
In other words, say your piece and then let them continue being dicks. Got it. You may not be aware, but there are hundreds of posters that quit posting here because they got tired of all the garbage. I will step back and let the Belligerents of the world go for it. In my opinion, one step closer to becoming Egriz…
What are the chances you have anything to back that up?

Lord Vigo

Post by Lord Vigo » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 am
catbooster wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
So your solution to this is that you get to be the arbiter of what is acceptable to post on the forum and then hound those that don’t meet your standards. Good luck with that.

“Let them…” lol.

Bear Spray II
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bear Spray II » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:03 pm

Choate left for a number of reasons, none of which were that his team had peaked. You'd be a fool to not take the Texas job & double your pay & increase your resume & exposure. Let's see, MSU or Texas, hmmm, what should I do, what should I do? He wasn't a fan of our AD & from all accounts 'ran' some of the MSU/coaches meetings they had. Not bashing our AD, but that's a fact. He also knew MSU won't compete at the very top (with NDSU) until we get indoor facilities. Period. Choate was great for MSU & we should all be damn grateful for what he accomplished. He's not an offensive guy though & it showed on that side of the ball. Vigen happens to be a QB guy & should attract better talent at the position. A win in the playoffs this year will only bolster MSU's ability to attract quality athletes to the program. I like the direction and coaching progression. Thank God we didn't hire Lubick.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:11 pm

Bear Spray II wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:03 pm
Choate left for a number of reasons, none of which were that his team had peaked. You'd be a fool to not take the Texas job & double your pay & increase your resume & exposure. Let's see, MSU or Texas, hmmm, what should I do, what should I do? He wasn't a fan of our AD & from all accounts 'ran' some of the MSU/coaches meetings they had. Not bashing our AD, but that's a fact. He also knew MSU won't compete at the very top (with NDSU) until we get indoor facilities. Period. Choate was great for MSU & we should all be damn grateful for what he accomplished. He's not an offensive guy though & it showed on that side of the ball. Vigen happens to be a QB guy & should attract better talent at the position. A win in the playoffs this year will only bolster MSU's ability to attract quality athletes to the program. I like the direction and coaching progression. Thank God we didn't hire Lubick.
Not saying you're wrong, but what evidence do you have to support the fact that Choate didn't like Leon?