The Official-unofficial CAT-fizz gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

The Official-unofficial CAT-fizz gameday thread

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:51 pm

It's HERE!!! =D^ Cat-griz has landed and it's the last game of the regular season in the Big Sky Conference. =D^

What a year we've had up to this point. We're sitting on top of the BSC with a 9-0 conference record having beaten EVERYONE on the docket. Good teams, bad teams, and everything in between teams. Our only loss was to FBS Wyoming and it should have been a W as well. Imagining coming into this season and being 9-1 (or a whisker away from 10-0) and NOBODY would have taken that betting line. 8)

Clearly our Cats are a team that has weathered every storm that has come their way, from enduring a coaching change less than a year ago, to installing a new Defense, new QB, and a new staff, moving into a new athletic building, dealing with a new season 2 years after the last one due to Covid...this team has soared! =D^

It hasn't always been pretty, but who cares. I am one of the few who believe to win hard fought games is better for the team than having a blow out each week. It does something to you to gut it out. You learn. This team has learned!!! So happy that Idaho was a gut check last week and not a blow out. I think these Cats come out and hit hard and fast.

So, now it's the griz. It's all on the line now. The playoffs loom, but the distraction of that is not going to play a role :), because we're going for a Big Sky Conference Championship today...and less we forget 5X against the griz!

Let's go get it Cats! Teach bobbi h how to count to 5 and win this thing outright!!!

Go Bobcats!!! =D^ =D^ =D^
Last edited by catsrback76 on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justafan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: The Official-unofficial CAT-fizz gameday thread

Post by justafan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:06 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:51 pm
It's HERE!!! =D^ Cat-griz has landed and it's the last game of the regular season in the Big Sky Conference. =D^

What a year we've had up to this point. We're sitting on top of the BSC with a 9-0 conference record having beaten EVERYONE on the docket. Good teams, bad teams, and everything in between teams. Our only loss was to FBS Wyoming and it should have been a W as well. Imagining coming into this season and being 9-1 (or a whisker away from 10-0) and NOBODY would have taken that betting line. 8)

Clearly our Cats are a team that has weathered every storm that has come their way, from enduring a coaching change less than a year ago, to installing a new Defense, new QB, and a new staff, moving into a new athletic building, dealing with a new season 2 years after the last one due to Covid...this team has soared! =D^

It hasn't always been pretty, but who cares. I am one of the few who believe to win hard fought games is better for the team than having a blow out each week. It does something to you to gut it out. You learn. This team has learned!!! So happy that Idaho was a gut check last week and not a blow out. I think these Cats come out and hit hard and fast.

So, now it's the griz. It's all on the line now. The playoffs loom, but the distraction of that is not going to play a roll, because we're going for a Big Sky Conference Championship today...and less we forget 5X against the griz!

Let's go get it Cats! Teach bobbi h how to count to 5 and win this thing outright!!!

did I miss a day lol. roll or role?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:33 pm

justafan wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:06 pm
catsrback76 wrote:

So, now it's the griz. It's all on the line now. The playoffs loom, but the distraction of that is not going to play a roll, because we're going for a Big Sky Conference Championship today...and less we forget 5X against the griz!

Where catsrback76 lives, its already 11/20, so its gameday to him 8)

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:44 pm

Perfect timing, we've just started our pre-pregame party, unofficially of course.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:01 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:33 pm
justafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Yes indeed! Even my wife is up! ha. It's 7 am here gameday and so now I get to wait all day...to LISTEN! Can't watch it due to the ESPN+ blackout. I hope it gets posted on YouTube later.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:29 pm

I looked back at the predictions thread from last year and I'd say 75% of Bobcat fans on here predicted a win, and most said it would be close. Visiting Griz fans (who are conspicuously quiet this year) predicted blowouts by the little bears.

This year's predictions by Bobcat fans are more optimistic. Sometimes I think those of us who have been around a while have just seen so much disappointment in this game. But as the week goes on, I'm feeling better about this one.

I'll be at Brannigan's in Kalispell for the game. Come say hello if you're around!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:41 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:29 pm
I looked back at the predictions thread from last year and I'd say 75% of Bobcat fans on here predicted a win, and most said it would be close. Visiting Griz fans (who are conspicuously quiet this year) predicted blowouts by the little bears.

This year's predictions by Bobcat fans are more optimistic. Sometimes I think those of us who have been around a while have just seen so much disappointment in this game. But as the week goes on, I'm feeling better about this one.

I'll be at Brannigan's in Kalispell for the game. Come say hello if you're around!
I'm always nervous for this game. But I was a teenager when we finally ended the streak. And even our wins until 2019 were close, whereas the Griz seemed to kick our ass every time they won.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:36 pm

I'm of the opinion that we have a better team from top to bottom this year than the team of 2019 had. I also believe the griz have a less talented team this year, save the maturation of the O Line and D Line. That said, Dalton Sneed was a better QB than either Humphrey or Brown, and we've got an upgrade this year than 2019.

Putting it all together outside of the fact that we're playing in Missoula we should win this game and the griz will not score 20 pts over 4 quarters. We win this game...but it will be fun as always!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:59 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:36 pm
I'm of the opinion that we have a better team from top to bottom this year than the team of 2019 had. I also believe the griz have a less talented team this year, save the maturation of the O Line and D Line. That said, Dalton Sneed was a better QB than either Humphrey or Brown, and we've got an upgrade this year than 2019.

Putting it all together outside of the fact that we're playing in Missoula we should win this game and the griz will not score 20 pts over 4 quarters. We win this game...but it will be fun as always!
I dunno. Overall we might be a better team than in 2019 but I promise you our OL this year (especially right now) is significantly worse than the 2019 OL, and it's the most important component to any offense, by far.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:27 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:59 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:36 pm

I dunno. Overall we might be a better team than in 2019 but I promise you our OL this year (especially right now) is significantly worse than the 2019 OL, and it's the most important component to any offense, by far.
Truth and that has me a little nervous. We can’t get a couple scores behind and I don’t think we will with our defense but if we do I don’t trust the offense to get us back in.

Still have our Cats by 10.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:47 am

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:23 am

If I were going to the game today now would be about the time that I’d have to get up to get rolling, but I’m not going and yet here I am wide awake for the last 45 minutes or so. Got to hope our players are getting better sleep than this.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:46 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:23 am
If I were going to the game today now would be about the time that I’d have to get up to get rolling, but I’m not going and yet here I am wide awake for the last 45 minutes or so. Got to hope our players are getting better sleep than this.
I’m with you. Not going to be able to get back to sleep now.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:08 am

Yup it’s time.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:29 am

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:46 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:23 am
I’m with you. Not going to be able to get back to sleep now.
Yep. Couple more hours would be nice but already got the nerves going.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:04 am

Well.... I woke up this morning with my stomach in knots.

I should probably just start drinking...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

BgCATfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BgCATfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:12 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:01 pm
cats2506 wrote:
justafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Yes indeed! Even my wife is up! ha. It's 7 am here gameday and so now I get to wait all day...to LISTEN! Can't watch it due to the ESPN+ blackout. I hope it gets posted on YouTube later.
You can stream ROOT Sports on fubo, they offer a free seven day trial.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:36 am

LET'S GO CATS!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:52 am

Last time, on the Cat-griz show...

Last edited by coloradocat on Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:52 am

BgCATfan wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:12 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:01 pm
cats2506 wrote:
justafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

You can stream ROOT Sports on fubo, they offer a free seven day trial.
Not sure that would work for him, ROOT is still a regional sports network on FuboTV. I dont think he lives in ROOT's broadcast footprint.
His only hope would be a VPN and I think he posted that didn't work for him.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.