The Official-unofficial CAT-fizz gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Official-unofficial CAT-fizz gameday thread

Post by technoCat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:56 pm
Counter Assault wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:53 pm
I hope this is a wake up call for Vigen. It was not for Ash. Vigen needs to make some hard decisions on O before our playoff game.
Ash was a nice guy but he was here far too long. Vigen is eerily mirroring his tenure.
I think many forget the bad years before Denarius got here. Hopefully Vigen can find his DMac. If you would've told me we would be 9-2 at the start of the season I would probably have been thrilled.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 pm

Sac is up 10-0 in the second.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 pm

Catprint wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:50 pm
Catprint wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:46 pm
CalgaryCat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:41 pm
Bzncarolinacat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:39 pm
Sac state gonna win the championship. Sucks
Can’t say the Cats deserve to share it after today. They’re lucky they’ll have a seed tomorrow
Yes, not gonna win BSC. But they will get a seed. Still ending up 9-2; one FCS loss to a Top 10 ranked team. Just because it was the last game, doesn't change the facts on the ground. But won't be a good seed. Especially after a really poor performance. Top 3 seeds are SHSU, JMU and NDSU, all big winners today. #4 could go to EWU, Sac, Nova or even Griz. Big Sky could get 4 seeds even if we all don't think the Cats are worthy. Guess we will see

I'm saying 1 SHSU 2 NDSU 3 JMU the Cats drop to 8, and the Griz move up to 4. Nova 5, Eastern 6 Sac State 7.
Might be. I think EWU might get ahead of Griz due to head to head win. But hard to say - Sac beat Griz; Griz beat Cats; Cats beat EWU; EWU beats Griz. All end up 9-2. Suppose they just flip a coin or go with who is doing better at the end?
Because they're the griz and they just dominated the #3 team in the country, wheras all the other wins by us, Eastern and sac have been close, I think they jump everyone but the 1 loss teams.

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Counter Assault wrote:
I hope this is a wake up call for Vigen. It was not for Ash. Vigen needs to make some hard decisions on O before our playoff game.
Ash was a nice guy but he was here far too long. Vigen is eerily mirroring his tenure.
Ash would not have beat a ranked team. I don’t like Vigen, haven’t since the beginning. Think he is a pushover and doesn’t have the fire Chot has but he has done far better than I expected this year.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:00 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:57 pm
Not even a radio broadcast. Maybe Housewright cut off power to the stadium and took off running.
😂😂😂

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Looks like Okada has a shoulder or arm injury.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Martin lewis wrote:
Remember Choate is the the one who recruited McKay
And Choate beat the Griz nearly running an entire game.

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Okada in a sling is not a good sight.

MountainCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MountainCat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:01 pm

Martin lewis wrote:
Remember Choate is the the one who recruited McKay
Yeah, and Choate had Matt Miller. Ferrari VS Volkswagen bug if you’re looking at Miller VS Housewright. Development and usage may have been VERY different.

justafan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by justafan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:01 pm

I predicted 21-10 fizz but this was a beating.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Looks like Sac is in control 17-0 in the second.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:04 pm

justafan wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:01 pm
After the horrible play calling in the Idaho game and seeing it was the exact same through the 1st quarter; I knew the Cats were toast.

This L is completely on the offensive play calling.

Catprint
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Catprint » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:08 pm

So like Choate would say "Stats are for losers" I am a stats man - we won TOP; we held the Griz to under 300 total yards; we outrushed them; won the turnover battle..... but we lost. Just like against ISU where we lost all the stats and won the game. So I will agree with Choate on this one. Stats make it look closer but it was not close. We were not in the game in the second half. And barely in the game in the 2nd quarter. Maybe we can Wright the Ship in two weeks but doubt it. We will go with what got us here. Might be able to pound a poorer defense in our first game then facing NDSU, JMU, SDSU, SHSU, EWU, Sac or UM (if seeds all win) and none of those defenses are slouches.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:09 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:04 pm
justafan wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:01 pm
After the horrible play calling in the Idaho game and seeing it was the exact same through the 1st quarter; I knew the Cats were toast.

This L is completely on the offensive play calling.
I agree too predictable and if it keeps up we are toast. We didn't start throwing to tight ends until the 4th quarter. Really!

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:12 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Counter Assault wrote:
I think many forget the bad years before Denarius got here. Hopefully Vigen can find his DMac. If you would've told me we would be 9-2 at the start of the season I would probably have been thrilled.
Absolutely. He needs a bonafide QB

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:14 pm

This team can be better and hope the coaches have the balls to make changes before the playoffs.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:17 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:58 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Counter Assault wrote:
Yeah, not a way to endear yourself the BN faithful. If he didn’t know the significance of this game, then he better get it now.
I’m telling you guys McKay is not the answer, nor is the OC, and he is not team player. Really bad attitude and work ethic. If your a coach for MSU, why not play Tommy or Rovig at this point. I would say Bauman, but I haven’t seen him on the sidelines for awhile.

If your left, you aren’t right.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:17 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:58 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Counter Assault wrote:
Yeah, not a way to endear yourself the BN faithful. If he didn’t know the significance of this game, then he better get it now.
I’m telling you guys McKay is not the answer, nor is the OC, and he is not team player. Really bad attitude and work ethic. If your a coach for MSU, why not play Tommy or Rovig at this point. I would say Bauman, but I haven’t seen him on the sidelines for awhile.
Bauman is injured or was most of the season. The OC play calling and o line play today was horrendous too. I can’t put it all on McKay but he was not a Div 1 player today.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:23 pm

Cats better hit the portal for some o-lineman for next year too.

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcats » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:28 pm

I don’t think McKay has played well all year. I also believe he is our worst athlete at the position. He isn’t fast, runs the rpo poorly, and get rattled. Our OC does not put him in good positions either. Our o line just isn’t dominant either. They really haven’t been against good talent and it shows. Our game plan was set up to dominate the line of scrimmage. Not sure how the coaches thought that would happen. Writing has been on the wall since Weber State when we couldn’t move it on them. A couple of big offensive plays by the Griz and we were cooked. For Vigen to be an offensive coach and this to be what our offense looks like has to be a bit of an eye opener. Sorry this is one game but it’s the biggest game of the year and all your flaws will get exposed in this one. We have some big time flaws.
Last edited by bcats on Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc