The Official-unofficial CAT-fizz gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: The Official-unofficial CAT-fizz gameday thread

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:30 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:20 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:17 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:58 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:56 pm
Counter Assault wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:53 pm
I hope this is a wake up call for Vigen. It was not for Ash. Vigen needs to make some hard decisions on O before our playoff game.
Ash was a nice guy but he was here far too long. Vigen is eerily mirroring his tenure.
Yeah, not a way to endear yourself the BN faithful. If he didn’t know the significance of this game, then he better get it now.
I’m telling you guys McKay is not the answer, nor is the OC, and he is not team player. Really bad attitude and work ethic. If your a coach for MSU, why not play Tommy or Rovig at this point. I would say Bauman, but I haven’t seen him on the sidelines for awhile.
Bauman is injured or was most of the season. The OC play calling and o line play today was horrendous too. I can’t put it all on McKay but he was not a Div 1 player today.
Haven’t heard that about Bauman? He played a few games this year and was always on the sidelines turning in plays.

McKay is a kid that I thought we would get. A bad attitude kid, that doesn’t like competition and isn’t a team player. He left NCSU after playing in 9 games because he doesn’t like competition.

If your left, you aren’t right.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:34 pm

Well, I know our guys fought their guts out, but what I have a problem with is the fact that our coaches did not give the team a game plan where we had any chance to win. The offensive game plan was atrocious. I know we had a successful season but dang it, I saw a lot of Rob Ash out there today. I would love to see Vegin out there showing some emotion, passion, anger, SOMETHING. I am not a happy camper today. I can take losing to the griz. I cannot take getting blown out, not with the talent that we have on both sides of the ball.

Counter Assault

Post by Counter Assault » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:30 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Counter Assault wrote:
I hope this is a wake up call for Vigen. It was not for Ash. Vigen needs to make some hard decisions on O before our playoff game.
Ash was a nice guy but he was here far too long. Vigen is eerily mirroring his tenure.
Yeah, not a way to endear yourself the BN faithful. If he didn’t know the significance of this game, then he better get it now.
I’m telling you guys McKay is not the answer, nor is the OC, and he is not team player. Really bad attitude and work ethic. If your a coach for MSU, why not play Tommy or Rovig at this point. I would say Bauman, but I haven’t seen him on the sidelines for awhile.
Bauman is injured or was most of the season. The OC play calling and o line play today was horrendous too. I can’t put it all on McKay but he was not a Div 1 player today.
Haven’t heard that about Bauman? He played a few games this year and was always on the sidelines turning in plays.

McKay is a kid that I thought we would get. A bad attitude kid, that doesn’t like competition and isn’t a team player. He left NCSU after playing in 9 games because he doesn’t like competition.
I am perfectly content having Rovig back in. I’ll be the first to admit Rovig has some shortcomings, but he has stuck in there and been a team player. I think anyone could throw better than McKay has for the last 5 games. Rovig has played in many games, including playoff games and against the Jizz.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:38 pm

Rovig throws a nice deep ball.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:38 pm
Rovig throws a nice deep ball.
And a passing game opens up the running game.

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Did Vigen give a post-game interview? I didn’t hear one on the radio

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:50 pm

saintcat40 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:44 pm
Did Vigen give a post-game interview? I didn’t hear one on the radio
Yes.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:54 pm

The OC was bad and the play calling was bad on run plays, but as far as passing, McKay had his outs. The middle was wide open all day because the griz blitzed all day. McKay rushed everything and was totally unprepared. When he got to sidelines he blamed the coaches and his line. If a team blitzes four defenders on top of the lineman, the QB has to recognize that and make the check down instead of throwing it up hoping Lance can catch it. McKay never once came over and acted like he wanted to know what his receivers or tight ends were doing, he was just interested in slow jogging over and complaining. Wasn’t as bad as last week, but it was pretty damn close.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:30 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Counter Assault wrote:

Bauman is in a cast. Left hand/wrist. What have you heard McKay say that shows his poor attitude? I don't disagree he's in over his head now but where's your proof of the things he has said and his attitude being bad? You've posted that several times the last couple weeks with no evidence.

The Great Catsby
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by The Great Catsby » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:52 pm
Coaches knew that the griz would blitz every time and they have. For a coach to not game plane for that is ridiculous, no excuses even the average fan knew that. For McKay, he is why we got him. He isn’t good, has a bad attitude, and doesn’t understand what this means. I said it last weak and I will say it again, if McKay acted and said what he said last week, he wouldn’t be playing for any coach that has a backbone.

Vigen is a good guy, but he doesn’t get it. This is a stepping stone for him.
What did he say?

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:02 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:04 am
Well.... I woke up this morning with my stomach in knots.

I should probably just start drinking...
And we should continue to drink. Wow

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:02 pm

I don’t know, when Tommy was called in and he yells ****** That? Or when he yells at Lance after he throws it to the Idaho defender. Believe what you want, I don’t care, but the players don’t look at him as a leader and it obviously showed today in spades.

The Great Catsby
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by The Great Catsby » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:03 pm

CalgaryCat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:49 pm
Catprint wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:46 pm
CalgaryCat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:41 pm
Bzncarolinacat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:39 pm
Sac state gonna win the championship. Sucks
Can’t say the Cats deserve to share it after today. They’re lucky they’ll have a seed tomorrow
Yes, not gonna win BSC. But they will get a seed. Still ending up 9-2; one FCS loss to a Top 10 ranked team. Just because it was the last game, doesn't change the facts on the ground. But won't be a good seed. Especially after a really poor performance. Top 3 seeds are SHSU, JMU and NDSU, all big winners today. #4 could go to EWU, Sac, Nova or even Griz. Big Sky could get 4 seeds even if we all don't think the Cats are worthy. Guess we will see
I don’t see the Griz leapfrogging EWU. I bet they’re 4-5 and the Griz right after them. Cats will be 7-8
No, we should be ahead of the Griz. Only 1 FCS loss for us.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:54 pm
The OC was bad and the play calling was bad on run plays, but as far as passing, McKay had his outs. The middle was wide open all day because the griz blitzed all day. McKay rushed everything and was totally unprepared. When he got to sidelines he blamed the coaches and his line. If a team blitzes four defenders on top of the lineman, the QB has to recognize that and make the check down instead of throwing it up hoping Lance can catch it. McKay never once came over and acted like he wanted to know what his receivers or tight ends were doing, he was just interested in slow jogging over and complaining. Wasn’t as bad as last week, but it was pretty damn close.
If that’s the case, coach better find some stones and do what is needed.

I remember why Choate took names off the jerseys. It matters.

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:02 pm
I don’t know, when Tommy was called in and he yells ****** That? Or when he yells at Lance after he throws it to the Idaho defender. Believe what you want, I don’t care, but the players don’t look at him as a leader and it obviously showed today in spades.
His body language was very telling today. It’s one thing to look defeated, but it’s another to look like it’s everyone else’s fault and just going through the motions.

JimboCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JimboCat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:19 pm

Not aggressive enough on defense. When we put pressure on Humphrey the griz couldn't move the ball. Humphrey was very uncomfortable with any pressure. Two turnovers, the D played good enough to win, minus the 2nd play.

On Offense, the Griz D were blitzing every play like they have done all season. McKay had no chance, he had pressure in his face every play. No plan to block the blitz. No time. Woefully unprepared from a coaching perspective. When they do what they always do and you have no plan, this is not on the players.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:42 pm

JimboCat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:19 pm
Not aggressive enough on defense. When we put pressure on Humphrey the griz couldn't move the ball. Humphrey was very uncomfortable with any pressure. Two turnovers, the D played good enough to win, minus the 2nd play.

On Offense, the Griz D were blitzing every play like they have done all season. McKay had no chance, he had pressure in his face every play. No plan to block the blitz. No time. Woefully unprepared from a coaching perspective. When they do what they always do and you have no plan, this is not on the players.
The two teams that beat the Griz had 1) the best QB in FCS football and 2) the best offensive coach in FCS football. Both of whom are probably in the top 25 in all Div 1 football.

Today the Cats looked like they had a QB & an OC that didn't understand that the Griz bring blitzes all the time. There were probably 10 defensive plays where a Griz blitzed hit McKay after coming in completely untouched.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:02 pm
I've never heard that when Tommy goes in and I sit 3 rows up on our sideline. I have seen him get a little upset but never yell anything. And I suppose Tom Brady never yells at his receivers either?

KIX
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KIX » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:40 pm

aucat wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:34 pm
Well, I know our guys fought their guts out, but what I have a problem with is the fact that our coaches did not give the team a game plan where we had any chance to win. The offensive game plan was atrocious. I know we had a successful season but dang it, I saw a lot of Rob Ash out there today. I would love to see Vegin out there showing some emotion, passion, anger, SOMETHING. I am not a happy camper today. I can take losing to the griz. I cannot take getting blown out, not with the talent that we have on both sides of the ball.
Agreed. Extremely pathetic performance 10 games into a season. Offense has been really bad for last 5,6,7 games and that is on the OC. D is stout but can't do it all. I realize it may be hard to get good assistants at this level but the Bozeman High School coach could call a better offensive game than this Houewright guy.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:47 pm

Is it possible we call a play designed to counter attack a seven or eight man bull rush? Just one screen pass please. Just one. One draw play. Just one. Anything designed to indicate we have a clue how to deal with this defensive onslaught. Let’s go Cats. Cmon coaches figure this crap out. We have a loaded team. Looking forward to the playoffs. I’m still optimistic. We all should be.