The Official-unofficial CAT-fizz gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Official-unofficial CAT-fizz gameday thread

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:26 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:12 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:46 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:35 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:48 pm
Wait, we seriously don't have a ST coach/coordinator?
Not since BJ quit.
Sorry guys but our special teams has been excellent all year. Their worst game was obviously yesterday. AND...BJ had his fair share of bad days as well. Choate had to step in a few times in his fours years (Choate also "stepped in" to every group as well haha).
#107 in the country at 3.5 yards per punt return. 84 total yards.

#116 in the country at 15.6 yards per kick return.

Special teams have NOT been excellent. Leighton and Glessner have been excellent...kick coverage (#6 at 15.1 yards) has been excellent and punt coverage (#50 at 6.7 yards) has been adequate.

Special teams have been all over the map. But not even close to "excellent"...net it all out and they've been average at best.
My apologies. I'll never use excellent again...well only for Chase Benson who was excellent yesterday. Went unnoticed because it didn't really matter but he was unblockable.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:00 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:26 pm
onceacat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Not since BJ quit.
Sorry guys but our special teams has been excellent all year. Their worst game was obviously yesterday. AND...BJ had his fair share of bad days as well. Choate had to step in a few times in his fours years (Choate also "stepped in" to every group as well haha).

Special teams have NOT been excellent. Leighton and Glessner have been excellent...kick coverage (#6 at 15.1 yards) has been excellent and punt coverage (#50 at 6.7 yards) has been adequate.

Special teams have been all over the map. But not even close to "excellent"...net it all out and they've been average at best.
My apologies. I'll never use excellent again...well only for Chase Benson who was excellent yesterday. Went unnoticed because it didn't really matter but he was unblockable.
Yeah if only we could take his mind set on how to play the game and especially how to play the griz and implant that mind set into the minds of some on the team that could benefit the most from a better mind set. Boom!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:26 pm
onceacat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Not since BJ quit.

Feel free to use excellent to describe...well, things taht are excellent. Ifanse, the D, Glessner & Leighton & the coverage teams. And Chase Benson.

But lets be realistic about things that are bad. The return teams have been terrible, the other 10 guys on the O haven't been as bad as the return teams, but haven't been remotely close to good for the last 4 games.

Realism.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:21 pm

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:54 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:43 pm
They can’t stop our run game
:D

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:25 am

[media] [/media]

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:31 pm

Banks gets it!
Listen around the 2:30 mark.

[media] [/media]

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:30 pm

[media] [/media]

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:50 am

I finally got a chance to see the game on Youtube and knowing the result I was not all that disappointed in the showing of the team in the first half...except the last field goal just before half. That one hurt, and of course the offense coming out in the 3rnd quarter and going 3 and out was a definite tone setter.

I also think I'm seeing something with the hand off to Isaiah that I am wondering about. It seems to me that McKay is not stepping back to hand off but is in fact moving forward with the ball as he is handing off. It limits Ifanse's ability to scan, cut and attack the defense because he gets the ball almost at the line of scrimmage. Check it out and see if you are noticing the same thing.

I think if the handoff is giving 1 step back I think the RB's would have a better chance to see holes and make decisions.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:10 am

onceacat wrote:

Sorry to dredge this up but #107 in the country is not good at all. How many times has our amazing defense forced teams to punt? You’ve all mocked me for calling out individuals for their lack of desire to catch the ball (I’ll own what I said when I was probably drunk and 10yrs younger). But rationally think this through. Our punting team comes on and pins the other team inside the 10 or better and the crowd goes crazy. The defense comes on the field and holds them. The other team punts from there with the expectation of ANY return will set up our offense with incredible field position. My mind is blown that it is acceptable to anyone to watch the ball bounce on the ground! First punt of the griz game is a prime example. The ball landed at the +44 and was pounced on at our 37. If that’s acceptable, why even put a guy back there. It would have the exact same effect. If he didn’t pounce on it at the 37, it would’ve stopped at the 33ish. BFD at that point. Vigen mentioned it in the post game that we need to be better in the punt return game. My honest question is does anyone know how many punts we’ve received and how many of those have actually been returned? By dividing 84 by 3.5yds, I get 24 attempts at retuning the punt. How many times have we been punted to overall???? Of the 84 total return yards, I’d be willing to bet that Coy Steele had more than 80% of those yards. I’d truly be content if the ball was fair caught every single time. It truly disgusts me to watch the ball hit the ground. Sure we’ve seen some roll punts but not every single punt! Catch the damn ball and reward the defense for their outstanding work.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:55 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:10 am
onceacat wrote:

Sorry to dredge this up but #107 in the country is not good at all. How many times has our amazing defense forced teams to punt? You’ve all mocked me for calling out individuals for their lack of desire to catch the ball (I’ll own what I said when I was probably drunk and 10yrs younger). But rationally think this through. Our punting team comes on and pins the other team inside the 10 or better and the crowd goes crazy. The defense comes on the field and holds them. The other team punts from there with the expectation of ANY return will set up our offense with incredible field position. My mind is blown that it is acceptable to anyone to watch the ball bounce on the ground! First punt of the griz game is a prime example. The ball landed at the +44 and was pounced on at our 37. If that’s acceptable, why even put a guy back there. It would have the exact same effect. If he didn’t pounce on it at the 37, it would’ve stopped at the 33ish. BFD at that point. Vigen mentioned it in the post game that we need to be better in the punt return game. My honest question is does anyone know how many punts we’ve received and how many of those have actually been returned? By dividing 84 by 3.5yds, I get 24 attempts at retuning the punt. How many times have we been punted to overall???? Of the 84 total return yards, I’d be willing to bet that Coy Steele had more than 80% of those yards. I’d truly be content if the ball was fair caught every single time. It truly disgusts me to watch the ball hit the ground. Sure we’ve seen some roll punts but not every single punt! Catch the damn ball and reward the defense for their outstanding work.
First of all we don’t need a special teams coach!🥴
Second, sure miss “Coy’s steel”. He was a big difference maker at certain times last year.
it is possible to catch the ball on the run. It is possible to catch the ball on the run and call for fair catch. I would think on a roster somewhere of 100 players we would have somebody that could do that.
If we are using the best we have right now. Guess that’s what we’ve got. You should be satisfied to win nine games And Not want better!🤓 :-^

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:59 am

kwcat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:55 am
94VegasCat wrote:
onceacat wrote:

Second, sure miss “Coy’s steel”. He was a big difference maker at certain times last year.
it is possible to catch the ball on the run. It is possible to catch the ball on the run and call for fair catch. I would think on a roster somewhere of 100 players we would have somebody that could do that.
If we are using the best we have right now. Guess that’s what we’ve got. You should be satisfied to win nine games And Not want better!🤓 :-^
I don't think we should worry about the return game at all. We can't control it. I'm much more concerned with my children's well-being and my families health.... 8)

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:59 am

:lol:
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:59 am
kwcat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:55 am
94VegasCat wrote:
onceacat wrote:

I don't think we should worry about the return game at all. We can't control it. I'm much more concerned with my children's well-being and my families health.... 8)
:lol: :lol: