Reports from Wed/Thur scrimmage?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Reports from Wed/Thur scrimmage?

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:11 pm

Anyone been to the past 2 days scrimmages at all? If so, how are our safeties looking so far? I know we still have ?? at CB, but the safety positions I think should be pretty much locked up 1st/2nd string by now I bet. Also, how about the defensive sets? Are we using any 3-4 schemes/zone blitz type stuff with our stuf front 7? Just curious.
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Reports from Wed/Thur scrimmage?

Post by catatac » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:11 am

bearBAC wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:Anyone been to the past 2 days scrimmages at all? If so, how are our safeties looking so far? I know we still have ?? at CB, but the safety positions I think should be pretty much locked up 1st/2nd string by now I bet. Also, how about the defensive sets? Are we using any 3-4 schemes/zone blitz type stuff with our stuf front 7? Just curious.
Did any coaches or players show up? attackerKit?

Looks like there is no Fan interst?
First Scrimmage is on Saturday. Rest assured, coaches and players will show up.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:52 pm

catatac wrote:
bearBAC wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:Anyone been to the past 2 days scrimmages at all? If so, how are our safeties looking so far? I know we still have ?? at CB, but the safety positions I think should be pretty much locked up 1st/2nd string by now I bet. Also, how about the defensive sets? Are we using any 3-4 schemes/zone blitz type stuff with our stuf front 7? Just curious.

Sorry, should have put practice not scrimmage. My bad. I'm sure there will be quite a few fans this weekend there for the scrimmage. There were a ton there in the spring when it was 40 degrees out and raining (DIE HARD CARDIAC CAT FANS! WHOOO HOOO).

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:21 pm

bearBAC wrote:
catatac wrote:
bearBAC wrote:

I think the heartkitten was asking if anyone cared enough about the kittens to report on, what may or may not be happening at practice?
Thankfully, the media (Tribune, Chronicle, MSUBobcats website) is doing a great job of keeping everyone informed with the daily practice detail updates.

Little Lulay back to Receiver, looking really deep there.
Running backs looking stellar
O-Line seems to be in place
Kicking game looks pretty good for the first time in a long while
Sebastian and Lowe both have concussions (Hopefully both minor)
Secondary looks to be very athletic but unproven in game situations

Find out alot more after tomorrow's scrimmage.

I think many of us are feeling pretty confident. Just because we don't brawl over and hash out every single detail doesn't mean we're any less excited for the season to begin than some other team's fans. I saw posters arguing over how Craig Ouch was holding his helmet while on the sidelines for God's sake! "No, if it were really a serious thumb injury, he would not have actually gripped the facemask of the helmet by curling the thumb down and underneath but rather, let it hang by the support of his 4 fingers... or he would have been holding it in his left hand... :roll: some of those people over there need to get a life! It is entertaining though!!! :lol:

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:45 pm

Look, let's just focus on what's important....
Last edited by Cat-theotherwhitemeat on Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:51 am

bearBAC wrote:
catatac wrote:
bearBAC wrote:
catatac wrote:
bearBAC wrote:

Catpride says it best, Quote:

I seriously doubt you know any more than other schmucks who read the papers, and the papers are definitely NOT telling the whole story. You trying to say UM is hanlding their situation any better than MSU is rediculous. Makes you sound foolish.
In my opinion the media has done a pretty good job of reporting the facts, on both sides. Now, maybe the coaches either sandbag or sugarcoat to the media, and we all know they cannot comment on injuries, per NCAA regulations, but other than that, not sure of your point.

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:27 pm

catatac wrote:
bearBAC wrote:
catatac wrote:
bearBAC wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote: I saw posters arguing over how Craig Ouch was holding his helmet while on the sidelines for God's sake! "No, if it were really a serious thumb injury, he would not have actually gripped the facemask of the helmet by curling the thumb down and underneath but rather, let it hang by the support of his 4 fingers... or he would have been holding it in his left hand... :roll: some of those people over there need to get a life! It is entertaining though!!! :lol:
God that was bad! I keep waiting for a morning "shaving" report! Some people, even in the Griz world, really do need to get a grip onlife!