Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Post by AFCAT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:17 am

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:12 am
Goal has been surpassed!

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:20 am

That damn game. I still get nervous watching the highlights thinking we just might not stop them this time.
And I agree-it exercised the demons of 1997-for me anyway.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:23 am

Would be fun to do a screening or two in the new team room in the BAC

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:29 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:20 am
That damn game. I still get nervous watching the highlights thinking we just might not stop them this time.
And I agree-it exercised the demons of 1997-for me anyway.
100% on the 97 game, that's all I kept thinking about after that fumble. I wondered if it was the same sick feeling for Griz fans as what I felt in Bozeman, standing there with my Dad as I saw the refs' hands go straight up as the Griz kick sailed through the uprights. That moment of the best feeling in the world (when we scored), to the worst. As in Missoula, that had to be the same feeling for Griz fans when they thought they scored, but Choate had called the smartest and best TO in the history of the rivalry. \:D/

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:30 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:01 am
Gave my $200!
Wat? Geez - that's very generous.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:41 am

kmax wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:07 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:55 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:28 am
js1010 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:24 am
MSU01 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:17 am
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 am
Only about $500 to go. All this money raised in about 24hrs. Bobcat Nation rocks! This documentary is also making some griz fans mad, so double win.
What was the issue, did the filmmakers decline interview requests from Griz fans to whine some more about the time out Choate called before the final play?
The comments from griz fans about it on social media have been comedy gold. They think its weird that "little brother" needs to a make a documentary about the "one time" they upset the great and powerful griz.
Sour grapes.

That game was an all-time classic even before that final play. Obviously we love the outcome more than anything. But the way that game went back and forth, the griz jumping out to a huge lead to start, huge hits, costly turnovers, amazing punts, etc.....had they punched it in at the end instead of fumbling, it still would have been one of the greatest battles in recent memory.
I was in that south end zone just a few rows up from where the fumble happened. I knew there was basically zero chance the Cats would win once the griz got down near the goal line. I'd had some friendly interactions with some griz fans behind us throughout the game, and I remember just saying "well at least this has just been a great game". Even with a loss there I would've been OK given the comeback and competitiveness of the game. But once we recovered that fumble, man...

And I think this is more than just one win in the rivalry. I think winning that one was a bigger deal than that. MSU under Choate had won two straight but Hauck was brought in to right the ship. At that point of that season things were looking pretty even and could have really swung in um's favor in terms of general momentum of programs. With that win, MSU goes into the next (2019) Cat/griz game with a different kind of swagger and it showed. 2019 was a huge loss for um, but I think 2018 set it up. I'd agree that just one close win wouldn't be worthy of a documentary, but I think um was one play from stealing the momentum back and MSU took that chance away from them.
I think this nails it. That game was already an instant classic, at the point of the stuff it was just a matter of it was going to be a happy classic for Griz fans or Cat fans. Thankful to be on the right side of that one, and as someone else said I have always kind of felt karma finally repaid for suffering through the 97 defeat.

But yeah, I think in addition to just deciding which side got to celebrate a classic game it was the potential hinge point on the trajectories for the programs and all involved. From the trailer and the description I feel like this is a part of what they saw and wanted to explore in this documentary a bit more and couldn't be more excited to see this.
The payback just came in Volleyball on Tuesday. In both cases it is difficult (if not impossible) to emotionally celebrate what you believe is an unbelievable victory just to have a ref take it away. Both losing teams could not mentally engage again.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:46 am

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:07 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:30 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Gave my $200!
I figure anyone who gives $200 or more can add Executive Producer to their resume. An executive producer is really just an investor. It's not like Lebron James is actually working on any of these projects that credit him.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:11 pm

catatac wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
Gave my $200!
It's awesome, but really the average contribution to it was $178. The $200 gives you a copy of the movie, a poster from it, and a mention in the final credits. I have a feeling he could've done a $500 level and included a private screening or something and would have gotten a lot of takers. I'm guessing he was surprised he got as much support has he did. Quite frankly I'm a little surprised I gave as much as I did but the trailer was just too good! :lol: :lol:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:25 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:11 pm
catatac wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
Gave my $200!
It's awesome, but really the average contribution to it was $178. The $200 gives you a copy of the movie, a poster from it, and a mention in the final credits. I have a feeling he could've done a $500 level and included a private screening or something and would have gotten a lot of takers. I'm guessing he was surprised he got as much support has he did. Quite frankly I'm a little surprised I gave as much as I did but the trailer was just too good! :lol: :lol:
There is going to be a private screening at the theater in the SUB. I'm definitely going to drive up and see it.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:39 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:23 pm
Love the idea! Hopefully the epilogue is a quick recap of the Beatdown in Bozeman the following year!

It would be great if this spurred the Nuanez brothers to create a Cat-griz documentary. I assume Colter has access to everyone on both sides going back generations. He might be one of the few people that can say that.
Tangent, but my Grandpa K was the first person from Bearcreek to get a full athletic scholarship to UM for basketball and track. Broke his ankle badly his first spring there in the long jump and because of “surgery” in 1931, he lost his scholarship that summer and moved back to Bearcreek to work the coal mines for years until the Smith Mine Fire, where he was off shift but had to go retrieve the bodies of his buddies who died.

We have it all documented and the interviews with him are in the state archives in Helena. Interesting life…

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

CatsFan10
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsFan10 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:04 pm

Pure chills.What an amazing documentary, the media team at MSU is unmatched at the FCS level.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:11 pm
catatac wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
Gave my $200!
That's what got me too. Goosebumps!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:15 pm

I donated last night. Happy to see the rest got done. Now that we own this guy, can we get him to film/produce football games for ESPN+?

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:10 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:12 am
Goal has been surpassed!
Those are rookie numbers. We gotta pump those numbers up. Get the film shown at Cannes or Sundance.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:59 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Love the idea! Hopefully the epilogue is a quick recap of the Beatdown in Bozeman the following year!

It would be great if this spurred the Nuanez brothers to create a Cat-griz documentary. I assume Colter has access to everyone on both sides going back generations. He might be one of the few people that can say that.

Life goal. Truly, it's in my brain, which means it will be in the works at some point!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:04 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:59 pm
coloradocat wrote:

Life goal. Truly, it's in my brain, which means it will be in the works at some point!
Two minutes per game, and it would be an epic motion picture.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:16 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:04 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

More than the year by year results, weaving the narrative and the shift in power etc would be so sweet.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:16 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:04 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

More than the year by year results, weaving the narrative and the shift in power etc would be so sweet.
How does this Cat/Griz 120-year+ rivalry, not limited to but symbolized by football, stand up nationally as far as the pervasiveness in which it, one way or another, touches nearly every resident (and expat) of the state of Montana — even if it’s just wearing a team ball cap or sending ‘Cat-clothes to your Griz friends’ new baby?

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:04 pm

“MIRACLE IN MISSOULA”

Hahahaha. Cool stuff.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA