Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Post by AFCAT » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:25 pm

This is huge. Documentary on the Miracle in Missoula. Donate as much as you can.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mi ... oject_link

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Post by coloradocat » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:23 pm

Love the idea! Hopefully the epilogue is a quick recap of the Beatdown in Bozeman the following year!

It would be great if this spurred the Nuanez brothers to create a Cat-griz documentary. I assume Colter has access to everyone on both sides going back generations. He might be one of the few people that can say that.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:29 pm

This is a great idea, just pledged some money towards it.
Hope it happens!

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:53 pm

I'm in.

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:37 pm

Done!

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:23 am

It's now just over $1,000 from being fully funded. That was quick! Sounds like a great project.

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RockyBearCat » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:45 am

Just jumped on to the kickstarter. I am happy to support MSU Film students. My daughter graduated from the MSU Film & Photography School and moved off to LA. She is currently working on a TV series based on the SNL/movie MacGruber, a parody on MacGyver. It is getting close to release on Peacock network.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:01 am

Gave my $200!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:01 am

My daughter is currently a junior in film production.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 am

Only about $500 to go. All this money raised in about 24hrs. Bobcat Nation rocks! This documentary is also making some griz fans mad, so double win.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:08 am

It is going to be an incredible documentary!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:17 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 am
Only about $500 to go. All this money raised in about 24hrs. Bobcat Nation rocks! This documentary is also making some griz fans mad, so double win.
What was the issue, did the filmmakers decline interview requests from Griz fans to whine some more about the time out Choate called before the final play?

js1010
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by js1010 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:24 am

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:17 am
AFCAT wrote:
What was the issue, did the filmmakers decline interview requests from Griz fans to whine some more about the time out Choate called before the final play?
The comments from griz fans about it on social media have been comedy gold. They think its weird that "little brother" needs to a make a documentary about the "one time" they upset the great and powerful griz.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:28 am

js1010 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:24 am
MSU01 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
The comments from griz fans about it on social media have been comedy gold. They think its weird that "little brother" needs to a make a documentary about the "one time" they upset the great and powerful griz.
Sour grapes.

That game was an all-time classic even before that final play. Obviously we love the outcome more than anything. But the way that game went back and forth, the griz jumping out to a huge lead to start, huge hits, costly turnovers, amazing punts, etc.....had they punched it in at the end instead of fumbling, it still would have been one of the greatest battles in recent memory.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:31 am

You know that ‘18 game was a lot of fun and was significant, but I would argue the ‘19 beat down in Bozeman game hurt the griz even more. The griz were ranked #3 in the nation when they came to Bozeman in ‘19 and were poised to take the Big Sky title and have two home playoff games. That loss in ‘19 kept the griz from winning the Big Sky title and made them play in the snowstorm at Weber, where they lost.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:44 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:31 am
You know that ‘18 game was a lot of fun and was significant, but I would argue the ‘19 beat down in Bozeman game hurt the griz even more. The griz were ranked #3 in the nation when they came to Bozeman in ‘19 and were poised to take the Big Sky title and have two home playoff games. That loss in ‘19 kept the griz from winning the Big Sky title and made them play in the snowstorm at Weber, where they lost.
Oh I agree. That game for a Cat fan was incredible. And gave us a little bit of revenge for when we were #1 and they came in and handed us our asses.

Probably first time ever I have seen a Hauck coached griz squad just give up. It was an amazing time to be a Cat fan and only got better after the final whistle blew! :wink:

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:55 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:28 am
js1010 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Sour grapes.

That game was an all-time classic even before that final play. Obviously we love the outcome more than anything. But the way that game went back and forth, the griz jumping out to a huge lead to start, huge hits, costly turnovers, amazing punts, etc.....had they punched it in at the end instead of fumbling, it still would have been one of the greatest battles in recent memory.
I was in that south end zone just a few rows up from where the fumble happened. I knew there was basically zero chance the Cats would win once the griz got down near the goal line. I'd had some friendly interactions with some griz fans behind us throughout the game, and I remember just saying "well at least this has just been a great game". Even with a loss there I would've been OK given the comeback and competitiveness of the game. But once we recovered that fumble, man...

And I think this is more than just one win in the rivalry. I think winning that one was a bigger deal than that. MSU under Choate had won two straight but Hauck was brought in to right the ship. At that point of that season things were looking pretty even and could have really swung in um's favor in terms of general momentum of programs. With that win, MSU goes into the next (2019) Cat/griz game with a different kind of swagger and it showed. 2019 was a huge loss for um, but I think 2018 set it up. I'd agree that just one close win wouldn't be worthy of a documentary, but I think um was one play from stealing the momentum back and MSU took that chance away from them.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:06 am

Somebody go give $159 and the goal is met!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:07 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:55 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:28 am
js1010 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Sour grapes.

I was in that south end zone just a few rows up from where the fumble happened. I knew there was basically zero chance the Cats would win once the griz got down near the goal line. I'd had some friendly interactions with some griz fans behind us throughout the game, and I remember just saying "well at least this has just been a great game". Even with a loss there I would've been OK given the comeback and competitiveness of the game. But once we recovered that fumble, man...

And I think this is more than just one win in the rivalry. I think winning that one was a bigger deal than that. MSU under Choate had won two straight but Hauck was brought in to right the ship. At that point of that season things were looking pretty even and could have really swung in um's favor in terms of general momentum of programs. With that win, MSU goes into the next (2019) Cat/griz game with a different kind of swagger and it showed. 2019 was a huge loss for um, but I think 2018 set it up. I'd agree that just one close win wouldn't be worthy of a documentary, but I think um was one play from stealing the momentum back and MSU took that chance away from them.
I think this nails it. That game was already an instant classic, at the point of the stuff it was just a matter of it was going to be a happy classic for Griz fans or Cat fans. Thankful to be on the right side of that one, and as someone else said I have always kind of felt karma finally repaid for suffering through the 97 defeat.

But yeah, I think in addition to just deciding which side got to celebrate a classic game it was the potential hinge point on the trajectories for the programs and all involved. From the trailer and the description I feel like this is a part of what they saw and wanted to explore in this documentary a bit more and couldn't be more excited to see this.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:12 am

Goal has been surpassed!

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!