Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:15 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:14 pm
griz5700 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:13 am
The Miracle in Missoula:
- Hauck’s first season back
- Choate’s 3rd Season
- Cats finish 5-3, 4th in BSC, narrowly make playoffs
- Griz finish 4-4, 5th in BSC, miss playoffs
- Cats beat Incarnate World 30-14.
- Cats Flattened in Fargo, 52-10

Was a great game, crazy 4th quarter, and stunning last second finish. Tough day for Griz fans, but after Stitt, just seeing a Griz team play fast, physical, and with a little bit of pride made for successful season.

Other than that game, pretty sh**ty season, and easily forgotten. Definitely for UM.
If I remember right, the griz were favored in that game still--probably because it was a home game and the Cats hadn't shown all that much impressive that season. To that point of Choate's tenure, the jury was definitely still out on him as a head coach despite being 2-0 against the grizzlies. We even knew that had a lot to do with the fact that Stitt had been there and it was a little bit of fool's gold. But ultimately I don't think anybody sees it as being a miracle to get a win in general, it was just the way it happened at the end. I'd say there's realistically about a 1% chance the Bobcats win that game once the ball got down by the goal line, which would qualify as a miracle.

And to my earlier point, it would have been a huge win for the grizzlies too. Hauck is back and the RTD idiocy would have had some teeth. The griz would've hosted and won at least one playoff game and a seed of doubt would have been planted in the MSU program about their ability to beat Hauck's teams.

The game was going to have huge implications for either team, but the miracle was the goal line stand.
Correct - the griz were favored in all of the last 4 games, and favored by 20-something points in 2016.

The 2018 game was basically a play-in game for the playoffs. The ending was very dramatic and stunning, but I would argue that the more important key play was on the previous griz possession when Sneed fumbled while scrambling when the griz still had the lead 25-22. If you re-watch that play, track Grant Collins who blitzed left, then ran all the way back across the field to deliver the ball-separating hit on Sneed as well as the fumble recovery. Such an incredible play by Grant!
(OK maybe not MORE important, but just as important - otherwise the Cats might not take the lead)

Anyway - I'm loving how much this documentary is getting under the skin of so many griz fans, not as much here but on social media as well. :lol:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Miracle in Missoula documentary. Need your help Bobcat Nation. Kickstarter campaign

Post by AFCAT » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:38 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:18 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:38 pm

#4 is the classic call, #2 is how we all felt, but there's just something special about #3 :yes:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by sdsyvie » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:00 pm

griz5700 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:13 am
The Miracle in Missoula:
- Hauck’s first season back
- Choate’s 3rd Season
- Cats finish 5-3, 4th in BSC, narrowly make playoffs
- Griz finish 4-4, 5th in BSC, miss playoffs
- Cats beat Incarnate World 30-14.
- Cats Flattened in Fargo, 52-10

Was a great game, crazy 4th quarter, and stunning last second finish. Tough day for Griz fans, but after Stitt, just seeing a Griz team play fast, physical, and with a little bit of pride made for successful season.

Other than that game, pretty sh**ty season, and easily forgotten. Definitely for UM.
All I hear is blah blah blah justification for blowing it

You were up 20-0, and drove right down the field on the final drive and walked into the endzone. It was a miracle how it all came together and, and had to be one of the most devastating and exuberant emotional swings in the series history, sense both happened for both sides.

Can't wait for it

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:34 am

Sad news but I’d rather it get done right then rush crappy production. I’m sure the long post season run didn’t help !

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:16 pm

I received the poster.

THANKS

Have a wonderful day!!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:47 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:34 am

Sad news but I’d rather it get done right then rush crappy production. I’m sure the long post season run didn’t help !
I Wonder if he is using the school of dances production company

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:11 am

Tickets are on sale for the premier right now. There is also a cool alternate poster for sale.

https://miracleinmissoula.ticketleap.co ... _at_0600PM

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:24 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:11 am
Tickets are on sale for the premier right now. There is also a cool alternate poster for sale.

Do you know where we can see the alternate poster?

Hating the griz since 02.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:24 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:24 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:11 am

Do you know where we can see the alternate poster?
If you go to the linked website and select the Home tab you can see it there. A certain #15 is prominently featured.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue May 10, 2022 7:46 pm

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Tue May 10, 2022 8:17 pm

Are there DVD copies available?

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed May 11, 2022 7:07 am

autocat wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:17 pm
Are there DVD copies available?
I reached out to him and he said at some point there would be a streaming option.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed May 11, 2022 7:07 am

I dropped the ball on getting a poster. Would someone be willing to get me one of them and mail it to me? I'll pay for the poster and shipping. Thank you.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Wed May 11, 2022 7:24 am

CodyCat wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:07 am
I dropped the ball on getting a poster. Would someone be willing to get me one of them and mail it to me? I'll pay for the poster and shipping. Thank you.
Which one?

The team or Troy? Or both?

Have a wonderful day!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed May 11, 2022 7:55 am

There is some interest in an Alumni/Booster fundraiser screening in Billings if the production team wants to message me.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed May 11, 2022 9:17 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:24 am
CodyCat wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:07 am
Which one?

The team or Troy? Or both?
The Team. But Id be happy with either one.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed May 11, 2022 9:19 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:55 am
There is some interest in an Alumni/Booster fundraiser screening in Billings if the production team wants to message me.
I'd try darn hard to make it if a date in Billings was selected.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 11, 2022 10:46 am

PapaG wrote:
Message him on twitter.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed May 11, 2022 2:39 pm

[-o<
AFCAT wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:46 am
PapaG wrote:
Message him on twitter.
I’m not on Twitter.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride