I hate espn

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Calbo32
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: I hate espn

Post by Calbo32 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:14 pm

I LOVE ESPN+, Why?

I'm faraway and I get to watch my Cats. Picture two old F---- sitting side by side, Cat shirts and hats on, staring at a laptop, sipping a beer, yelling "Go Cats Go". My kids and grand kids came over once, got scared ("What's a Bobcat Mom?"), declared us insane and left in a rush.

Quitting whining! You live ins Montana, get to go to the games. You could live here and watch Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, LSU week after week. Just sayin'

Ayatola Bobcat

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:54 am

Calbo32 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:14 pm
I LOVE ESPN+, Why?

I'm faraway and I get to watch my Cats. Picture two old F---- sitting side by side, Cat shirts and hats on, staring at a laptop, sipping a beer, yelling "Go Cats Go". My kids and grand kids came over once, got scared ("What's a Bobcat Mom?"), declared us insane and left in a rush.

Quitting whining! You live ins Montana, get to go to the games. You could live here and watch Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, LSU week after week. Just sayin'

Ayatola Bobcat
Was coming to echo this, the accessibility of ESPN is incredible, and a GOOD thing, just a change and I understand change sucks :lol: I hope that the PRODUCTION side of everything improves soon, as Montana State production should not sit at the same level or worse than the high school football production in the state, which as far as I know hasn't existed all that long.

When we try and convince the people around the country of the high quality talent that exists within the FCS, those who sit and watch Power 5 games all Saturday are surely turned off by even the highlight footage. FCS is making headway in earning respect in the "college football world" but a visual improvement would be a big step. Not asking for perfect college gameday, but I'm tired of squinting watching my TV!

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:28 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:54 am
Calbo32 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:14 pm
I LOVE ESPN+, Why?

Ayatola Bobcat
Was coming to echo this, the accessibility of ESPN is incredible, and a GOOD thing, just a change and I understand change sucks :lol: I hope that the PRODUCTION side of everything improves soon, as Montana State production should not sit at the same level or worse than the high school football production in the state, which as far as I know hasn't existed all that long.

When we try and convince the people around the country of the high quality talent that exists within the FCS, those who sit and watch Power 5 games all Saturday are surely turned off by even the highlight footage. FCS is making headway in earning respect in the "college football world" but a visual improvement would be a big step. Not asking for perfect college gameday, but I'm tired of squinting watching my TV!
Excellent summary of the situation. The teams have definitely earned respect, but the TV production is not showcasing it. Watch a UND home game for comparison.

KeepTheChange
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KeepTheChange » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:21 pm

Do not blame ESPN+ for the poor production quality. They are merely broadcasting the production from MSU/ local feed. If you have a gripe, look there. Now living out of state I am elated to be able to watch these games using Roku in my living room and don't have to mess with an HDMI connection from laptop to TV or the constant lag or "technical difficulties" on Pluto.

A huge bonus is being out of regional territory and having the Root games broadcast on ESPN+. Root's coverage is exceptional by big sky conference standards. Where are the complaints about ESPN when these games are playing? We didn't have that option with Pluto and even with the Root sports app you could not watch the games when out of the regional territory.