Bobcat Nation was just out of synch...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Bobcat Nation was just out of synch...

Post by Camo_Cat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:44 am

Yesterday was a weird day at the stadium. I told my my wife that it was like some bad ju-ju hanging in the air. First, we learn that Chase is injured in warmups. Then I see Tyrel walking around in street clothes. They go to do the starting announcements on the video board, and the video is cutting in and out, and they have to restart it. Then we go to the national anthem, and the mic isn't working for the singer, so someone just decides to cut to a pre-recorded anthem, while the poor stadium singer is still trying to sing along. As we're raising the flag, the MSU ROTC's have hung the flag wrong, and as they are raising it, the flag is all bunched up and not flying properly. So they had to take it down and re-hang it after the anthem. The rodeo team run-out is always cool, but even then as the last rider was finishing the run-out, the horse looked like it came up lame (hope it's just the way the rider was slowing her mount).

Inside the stadium, the energy felt really low. Multiple dead spots in the pre-game video/lineups/run-out. There were pockets of empty seats everywhere (I get it - it was opening day of hunting. I'm a hunter as well, but I never go out on opening day, especially if it's a Bobcat home game). The game announcer was tripping over words all game long. It was supposed to be a pink day for cancer, but for a few players on the field and a minimal amount of fans, you would never know it. In the past, the players have had pink socks, or towels, and the stadium crew would have handed out pink placards, towels, etc. for the fans to hold up. Seemed like very little effort on the part of Bobcat athletics. And then of course, it wasn't our best effort on the field.

I was pretty happy we came away with the win, considering all the bad ju-ju that seemed to be hovering over the stadium!!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Nation was just out of synch...

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:53 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:59 am

Yep, my wife and I noticed several of these things as well. It was just flat all the way around. Like last week, not our best performance, but a solid win and a chance for some key 2’s and 3’s to figure things out and compete.

Even the streaker , if you are gonna do it, do it right son, was off base yesterday. Brown got a good butt chewing for tripping him up, but it may have started our play to improve!

We are fine, great leadership from our veteran players settled things down.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:53 am

The telecast was beyond horrible. TV timeouts would come back to the game with the Cats already having run a play or two. Didn’t show touchdowns, or Glesner’s record setting fg. Just all around crap. And all the stuff already mentioned in the game day thread. The team just never seemed in sync. Hopefully, whatever was going on Saturday has run its course.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:00 am

Sounds like everyone needs a bye week.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:04 am

I thought the crowd energy was really good at the start of the game but the offensive woes in the first quarter contributed to the crowd losing steam a bit.

There were pinks cowbells handed out inside the stadium and other pink stuff, like gloves, handed out outside the stadium. Those pink paper placards are just a garbage nightmare after the game, so I bet we won’t see them anymore.

I’d like to hear the stadium announcer learn how to pronounce Uluilakepa properly.

Oh, and I was told by a lady in front of me that I was cheering too loud. Never had that happen to me before.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:06 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:04 am
I thought the crowd energy was really good at the start of the game but the offensive woes in the first quarter contributed to the crowd losing steam a bit.

There were pinks cowbells handed out inside the stadium and other pink stuff, like gloves, handed out outside the stadium. Those pink paper placards are just a garbage nightmare after the game, so I bet we won’t see them anymore.

I’d like to hear the stadium announcer learn how to pronounce Uluilakepa properly.

Oh, and I was told by a lady in front of me that I was cheering too loud. Never had that happen to me before.
Cheering too loud!!! WOW, debbie downer.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:15 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:04 am

Be mindful of your noise shed.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:24 pm

And Choate was in attendance.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:51 pm

gtapp wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:24 pm
And Choate was in attendance.
Bright spot in my opinion. Loved the guy!

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:27 pm

We've had a couple out-of-synch weeks, and yet we have managed to keep winning and stay undefeated in league play. So far, we have shown we can win at full strength, we've shown we can win with a versatile offense as well as a one-dimensional offense, we have shown we can flat out shut teams down with our defense, and we have shown we can even win when faced with adversity. We now have two weeks to get healthy and work the kinks out. I for one am excited to see how we can put it all together for the EWU game.I personally believe this team will shine in two weeks and show us their championship mettle.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:03 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:44 am
Yesterday was a weird day at the stadium. I told my my wife that it was like some bad ju-ju hanging in the air. First, we learn that Chase is injured in warmups. Then I see Tyrel walking around in street clothes. They go to do the starting announcements on the video board, and the video is cutting in and out, and they have to restart it. Then we go to the national anthem, and the mic isn't working for the singer, so someone just decides to cut to a pre-recorded anthem, while the poor stadium singer is still trying to sing along. As we're raising the flag, the MSU ROTC's have hung the flag wrong, and as they are raising it, the flag is all bunched up and not flying properly. So they had to take it down and re-hang it after the anthem. The rodeo team run-out is always cool, but even then as the last rider was finishing the run-out, the horse looked like it came up lame (hope it's just the way the rider was slowing her mount).

Inside the stadium, the energy felt really low. Multiple dead spots in the pre-game video/lineups/run-out. There were pockets of empty seats everywhere (I get it - it was opening day of hunting. I'm a hunter as well, but I never go out on opening day, especially if it's a Bobcat home game). The game announcer was tripping over words all game long. It was supposed to be a pink day for cancer, but for a few players on the field and a minimal amount of fans, you would never know it. In the past, the players have had pink socks, or towels, and the stadium crew would have handed out pink placards, towels, etc. for the fans to hold up. Seemed like very little effort on the part of Bobcat athletics. And then of course, it wasn't our best effort on the field.

I was pretty happy we came away with the win, considering all the bad ju-ju that seemed to be hovering over the stadium!!

"The rodeo team run-out is always cool, but even then as the last rider was finishing the run-out, the horse looked like it came up lame (hope it's just the way the rider was slowing her mount)."

They had to pull up weird because one of the officials stepped into their run line.

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:03 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:

"The rodeo team run-out is always cool, but even then as the last rider was finishing the run-out, the horse looked like it came up lame (hope it's just the way the rider was slowing her mount)."

They had to pull up weird because one of the officials stepped into their run line.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:52 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:

Was a really weird day. Who’s handling our game day now that Bethany has a new gig? Growing pains there for sure.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

aucat

Post by aucat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:49 pm

Well the previous game I thought that the team was going to collide with the rodeo horses. Now THAT would be a disaster.
I thought ISU pushed us around a lot on the line of scrimmage. I had some ISU fans behind me in the stands and they were really
letting me know each time they ran for 5, 6, 7 yards on first down.

We got it going and Matt made two great throws. I tell you, this is two straight games where we just aren't getting any push on the Line.

But the Weber beats EWU. I just don't know what to expect when we play EWU and UM on the road. It will be tough. I wish we could control the line of scrimmage, but hey, when is the last time we won 7 in a row? Go Cats!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:45 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:53 am
The telecast was beyond horrible. TV timeouts would come back to the game with the Cats already having run a play or two. Didn’t show touchdowns, or Glesner’s record setting fg. Just all around crap. And all the stuff already mentioned in the game day thread. The team just never seemed in sync. Hopefully, whatever was going on Saturday has run its course.
The camera seemed to be filming a different game. What field goal? Touchdown, did you see a touchdown? Out of focus, often. Once again the streaming commercials were seemingly oversold for the time slot, and there was no attempt to sync the play on the field. It’s a shame, because now they have the most well-known streaming platform and the product that went out was frankly embarrassing. It would have been a head-shaker to a prospective recruit’s family. Run down to the corner of 7th and Grant and get a grad student to operate the camera — they have some good ones. MSU, Learfield needs to step it up here.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:27 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:45 pm
Cledus wrote:
The camera seemed to be filming a different game. What field goal? Touchdown, did you see a touchdown? Out of focus, often. Once again the streaming commercials were seemingly oversold for the time slot, and there was no attempt to sync the play on the field. It’s a shame, because now they have the most well-known streaming platform and the product that went out was frankly embarrassing. It would have been a head-shaker to a prospective recruit’s family. Run down to the corner of 7th and Grant and get a grad student to operate the camera — they have some good ones. MSU, Learfield needs to step it up here.
Yeah, you are right. It was bad. Drives me nuts when they come back from a commercial break and actually missed a play.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:50 am

I will add a couple little things here from my experience announcing games... During timeouts, the refs should be waiting for the TV crew to start play, you will see the guy in charge of this standing next one of the officials telling him when we are back, BUT the officials don't HAVE to wait... There are many times when I am on a Time-out break when calling games, and I am motioning to an official to extend the time-out 10 seconds or so, just so my commercail can end...Rarely do they do it, they just look at me and shrug. Not their fault that I don't have my ****** together, but it is REALLY difficult to time. As for players names, you should NEVER get them wrong, but once you do one time, your brain goes into "DONT SAY THIS WRONG!!!" mode every time it comes up...EVERY TIME. Is it acceptable? No, but once you say it wrong once, it just happens. Everyone has bad days (I have had more than I want to admit).

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by PortlandCat90 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:03 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:27 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:45 pm
Cledus wrote:
Yeah, you are right. It was bad. Drives me nuts when they come back from a commercial break and actually missed a play.
Hahaha...almost needed dramamine at times. I missed the game live but watched the replay. I usually watch without sound but turned it on this time - the lead announcer said "Idahoo" twice and in the Weber State game said "Montana" 2 or 3 times. Our son laughs because that absolutely drives me nuts. First world problems, I guess. Makes me realize how good Herbstreit, etc. are at their jobs.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:20 am

I haven't used ESPN+ since the PSU game. So the stream is not the same as what is on tv? Is it the radio or tv guys announcing?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."