Housewright interview on Weber

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Housewright interview on Weber

Post by bobcatfan123 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:59 pm

Fun read on Housewrights perspective on the Weber State game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/406mtsport ... 4.amp.html

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Housewright interview on Weber

Post by Bocephus » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:20 pm

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:59 pm
Fun read on Housewrights perspective on the Weber State game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/406mtsport ... 4.amp.html
Great interview! Anytime you can learn a valuable lesson and still come out with a win is good day.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:40 am

Read this yesterday - great interview, good attitude, and a little insight into the staff relationship with coach Vigen.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:44 am

Disappointed in a couple answers he gave. Specifically, that he sits and watches Troy on defense. Offense should worry about what's happening on the offense. Just because the defense was playing great didn't mean Weber couldn't put a drive together to take the lead. Cats were up SIX points not 3 touchdowns. It's in the past now, but that's not a great sign to hear the OC basically say, well, we don't really need to worry about scoring because our defense will make sure Weber doesn't score.

One thing is for sure about the game and what came out of it for future opponents is it will skew the analytics of what the Cats gravitate towards running in specific down and distance. Gonna beat a dead horse here, what's the down and distance...run up the middle.

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by PortlandCat90 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 am

Team10 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:44 am
Disappointed in a couple answers he gave. Specifically, that he sits and watches Troy on defense. Offense should worry about what's happening on the offense. Just because the defense was playing great didn't mean Weber couldn't put a drive together to take the lead. Cats were up SIX points not 3 touchdowns. It's in the past now, but that's not a great sign to hear the OC basically say, well, we don't really need to worry about scoring because our defense will make sure Weber doesn't score.

One thing is for sure about the game and what came out of it for future opponents is it will skew the analytics of what the Cats gravitate towards running in specific down and distance. Gonna beat a dead horse here, what's the down and distance...run up the middle.
Pretty sure he was joking at the time. Reporting starts the next question with, "I know that was kind of tongue in cheek about your team's defense..."

This is the perfect learning scenario for a young coordinator. He seems humble and full of energy. You can also tell Vigen is mentoring him by his responses.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:38 am

Maybe it's just how i'm perceiving it, but I don't like the general tone of this interview. I like that the reporter is trying to dig deeper and get beyond coach speak, but I also feel like he is coming across as a bit patronizing in his framing of the questions.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:59 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:38 am
Maybe it's just how i'm perceiving it, but I don't like the general tone of this interview. I like that the reporter is trying to dig deeper and get beyond coach speak, but I also feel like he is coming across as a bit patronizing in his framing of the questions.
Yeah, maybe some hardball questions that we are not used to seeing from the media. Housewright fielded those questions well and showed poise. I think Housewright has that "it" factor with his sense of humor and confidence.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:02 pm

wbtfg wrote:
He's been more negative than necessary in other articles as well. I think he's new this year though so maybe he'll get better. He also works for a company that favors the griz so maybe not.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:02 pm
wbtfg wrote:
He's been more negative than necessary in other articles as well. I think he's new this year though so maybe he'll get better. He also works for a company that favors the griz so maybe not.
I think he’s also the reporter who made it a point to ask the MSU players what they thought of the griz beating Washington. That was a pretty douchy question. I assume he didn’t ask the Griz players what they thought about MSU beating Weber.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:22 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm
I assume he didn’t ask the Griz players what they thought about MSU beating Weber.
In a month he'll be able to ask those players what they thought about losing to the Cats so it'll all even out. 8)

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:52 pm

wbtfg wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
I think he’s also the reporter who made it a point to ask the MSU players what they thought of the griz beating Washington. That was a pretty douchy question. I assume he didn’t ask the Griz players what they thought about MSU beating Weber.
Somebody actually asked that?

That’s just tacky.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:06 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:52 pm
wbtfg wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

That’s just tacky.
Not only asked, but wrote a whole story.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... c80d7.html

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:06 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

That’s just tacky.

Typical Griz Homer reporter!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:06 pm

I'll take some articles that might have missed the mark over puff pieces written by media that are scared of or enamored by the head coach.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:09 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:06 pm
I'll take some articles that might have missed the mark over puff pieces written by media that are scared of or enamored by the head coach.
I agree....but I think there's a line, and Victory hasn't quite dialed that in yet. At least, in my opinion.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:06 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

That’s just tacky.

He went to the U. of Oregon.

I will never understand why people here get so damn worked up about reporters showing the tiniest bit of what may appear to be pro-Griz bias.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:10 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:06 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

That’s just tacky.

I will never understand why people here get so damn worked up about reporters showing the tiniest bit of what may appear to be pro-Griz bias.
Who’s worked up?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:22 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:10 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:06 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

That’s just tacky.

Who’s worked up?
Well, the person who called him a Griz homer without bothering to easily check where he actually went to journalism school seems to be.