Kittiecop RIP

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Kittiecop RIP

Post by RockyBearCat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:57 am

Wow! What a moving video. My dad is retired law enforcement and this really put a tear in my eye, not to mention chills. God Bless Curt and family, may he rest in peace.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:10 am

Bumping video to new page.
Last edited by wbtfg on Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:16 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 pm
Curt, thank you for the post. It really got me thinking. We’ve talked a lot about the importance of Bobcat Athletics to the campus and the community, and to those of us who graduated or went to school at MSU and have sports as our sole or primary link back to dear old Montana State. But I think many of us have family bonding stories, and I’d never thought as much about the importance of athletics in that vein. Curt’s post made me misty eyed, but in a good way, thinking about my dad and I, as far back as the 50s going to basketball to watch my mom’s brother play for Eastern against the ‘Cats — upstairs in Romney Gym! Dad took me to the very first Bobcat basketball game in the Fieldhouse. I got to come in and watch at night a few years later when he was given the job of rebuilding the wooden under-structure that was partially supporting the basketball court. He and my mom were never the fans that I became, but they never failed to listen or get the results from me of the latest “grizzle fizzle” as my dad called them. Thanks, Curt, for the focus on some great nostalgic memories.
My earliest memory is watching the Cat's destroy the Griz at Gatton Field in 1965. I don't remember the game as much as being a part of the biggest "crowd " I was ever in up until then. I was 5 :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:55 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:16 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 pm
Curt, thank you for the post. It really got me thinking. We’ve talked a lot about the importance of Bobcat Athletics to the campus and the community, and to those of us who graduated or went to school at MSU and have sports as our sole or primary link back to dear old Montana State. But I think many of us have family bonding stories, and I’d never thought as much about the importance of athletics in that vein. Curt’s post made me misty eyed, but in a good way, thinking about my dad and I, as far back as the 50s going to basketball to watch my mom’s brother play for Eastern against the ‘Cats — upstairs in Romney Gym! Dad took me to the very first Bobcat basketball game in the Fieldhouse. I got to come in and watch at night a few years later when he was given the job of rebuilding the wooden under-structure that was partially supporting the basketball court. He and my mom were never the fans that I became, but they never failed to listen or get the results from me of the latest “grizzle fizzle” as my dad called them. Thanks, Curt, for the focus on some great nostalgic memories.
My earliest memory is watching the Cat's destroy the Griz at Gatton Field in 1965. I don't remember the game as much as being a part of the biggest "crowd " I was ever in up until then. I was 5 :D
I apologize for misidentifying Curt’s name here. Never read and type misty-eyed late at night.

BStinsMSU

Post by BStinsMSU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:15 pm

At my dads funeral, I spoke and made a sly comment about his dislike for Big Sky Conference refs, later I learned there was a big sky ref in attendance at the funeral😂

That being said, I think word got around and it’s my fault they were so blatantly awful today @ EWU

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:33 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:15 pm
At my dads funeral, I spoke and made a sly comment about his dislike for Big Sky Conference refs, later I learned there was a big sky ref in attendance at the funeral😂

That being said, I think word got around and it’s my fault they were so blatantly awful today @ EWU
But what a win for your pops looking down on us!

Only gonna get better!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:34 pm

God bless you and your family.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

BStinsMSU

Post by BStinsMSU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:35 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:33 pm
BStinsMSU wrote:

Only gonna get better!
Amen brother. Appreciated him pulling some strings! Bittersweet coming to the game today, this game was originally going to be our trip to celebrate him finishing chemo. He was still with our family today, just in a different light

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:08 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:35 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:

Only gonna get better!
Amen brother. Appreciated him pulling some strings! Bittersweet coming to the game today, this game was originally going to be our trip to celebrate him finishing chemo. He was still with our family today, just in a different light
Nice, and that story from the funeral is great. You have a PM

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:01 am

BStinsMSU wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:35 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:

Only gonna get better!
God Bless!

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:35 pm

How excited do you think Kittiecop is right now looking down!

Let's bring this Natty home to MT for him!

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:56 pm

He would be making plans like rest of us to get to this game....I guess now he will have best seat in house watching from SKY box above

96 Engineering and 99 Education

BStinsMSU

Post by BStinsMSU » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:12 am

Hugged alot of people on Saturday but was certainly missing a celebratory hug from him. I know he’s up there playing his hand the best he can to pull some strings for us!