Kittiecop RIP

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Kittiecop RIP

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:54 pm

Years ago KittieKop and I butted heads here, he was right and I was wrong. As time went on I came to appreciate and look forward to his posts. He was as passionate a fan as anyone. Surely you'll always treasure those memories of attending games with your Dad and it’s so awesome that your family will be in the stadium this weekend. No doubt there will be tears, but also hopefully laughter and I pray that it is a helpful step in your grieving process. Like most on BN I only knew your dad through our interaction here but we grieve with and for you and your family, and will miss KittieKop.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:06 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:01 pm
Hi all, I'm Curt's son and his oldest child. Our family appreciates everyone's comments and condolences. I grew up for as long as I can remember going to every home Bobcat game with my dad, all the way until I graduated from MSU last spring. It was one of the biggest bonding places for father and son. He loved coming home after work to destress and hop on to talk all things cats on here with a great community, even through the butting of heads that occasionally happens. He even made it to a couple of home games this year through his treatments, some of the only times he mustered up the strength to leave the house for any significant length of time after he began his cancer treatments in June. Our family will be attending the game this weekend, because of course he'd be pissed if we didn't use the tickets!

His funeral will be held next Monday at 11am at the fairgrounds in Helena, all are welcome and invited to join the celebration of his life. Our family has requested bobcat gear to be worn, of course!
Thank you for sharing this and your dad will be missed here!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BobcatBlood
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BobcatBlood » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:06 am

Your dad sounds wonderful. I too enjoyed his posts over the years. Some of the best times I had with my own kids while they were growing up were at Bobcat stadium. My son is still a student there and my daughter graduated in 2016. We will all be there this weekend, too. We will be thinking of your family!

Also we may have 2 extra tickets as my cousins aren't sure they can make it. If your family would like them so you can bring extra friends etc, let me know!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:32 am

BStinsMSU wrote:
Hi all, I'm Curt's son and his oldest child. Our family appreciates everyone's comments and condolences. I grew up for as long as I can remember going to every home Bobcat game with my dad, all the way until I graduated from MSU last spring. It was one of the biggest bonding places for father and son. He loved coming home after work to destress and hop on to talk all things cats on here with a great community, even through the butting of heads that occasionally happens. He even made it to a couple of home games this year through his treatments, some of the only times he mustered up the strength to leave the house for any significant length of time after he began his cancer treatments in June. Our family will be attending the game this weekend, because of course he'd be pissed if we didn't use the tickets!

His funeral will be held next Monday at 11am at the fairgrounds in Helena, all are welcome and invited to join the celebration of his life. Our family has requested bobcat gear to be worn, of course!
So sorry for your loss. Great memories for you with your Dad, will keep you and all of your family in our thoughts this weekend and going forward.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:57 am

I knew your dad from when he was a kid growing up on opposite block growing up in Havre. He was pretty quiet kid. He was a year behind me in age. I also played HS football with him as well. I really did not have any conversations with him after HS though i would see him from distance in Helena on occasion. He sounds like me in terms of Bobcat football a passion he loved. Sorry for the loss of your father.

96 Engineering and 99 Education

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by PortlandCat90 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 am

BStinsMSU wrote:

So sorry for your loss and sending prayers to you and your family. Losing your father is tough as many of us know. Best wishes during a tough time.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:50 am

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 am
BStinsMSU wrote:

So sorry for your loss and sending prayers to you and your family. Losing your father is tough as many of us know. Best wishes during a tough time.
I am also very sorry for your loss and sending prayers. Thank you very much for sharing your story about you and your Dad. I have super fond memories of going to Bobcat games in the 1960s (yes, I am old) with my grandparents and parents. Then we began taking our two boys to every home game once we returned to Montana in the 1990s and they are avid Cat fans to this day. Four generations of Bobcats. Now, my granddaughters go to all games with us and my younger grandsons will be going to games soon. Hoping for some 5th generation Bobcats in a few years!

So, yes, the Bobcat games do bond families together. Your story made me remember lots of fond memories with my boys, so thank you again for sharing.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:07 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:

This post made my day BSinsMSU! I'm so sorry for your loss, and I can tell that your dad was a great person! I hope you keep posting here as your dad has left a bit of a void. I'm sure you have tons of fill in Dads here on this site if ya ever need any type of advice or support or whatever, from random strangers! :thumbup:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:03 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:

So sorry for your loss young man.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:36 am

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RICO CAT » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:02 pm

What an outstanding man! Reading his obituary made me a little misty eyed, even though I never had the pleasure of meeting him. A MSU product who was a true pillar of the community and family man. Everything a person should strive to be in this world. His loss from cancer gives the Pack the Place Pink game this weekend even more meaning. RIP LEO.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:28 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:07 pm
BStinsMSU wrote:

This post made my day BSinsMSU! I'm so sorry for your loss, and I can tell that your dad was a great person! I hope you keep posting here as your dad has left a bit of a void. I'm sure you have tons of fill in Dads here on this site if ya ever need any type of advice or support or whatever, from random strangers! :thumbup:
Well, without me posting who’s gonna be the ring leader of the Rob Ash fan club?!

In all seriousness, thank you all for the kind words. For all who offered crowd funding as well as tickets we appreciate it and it’s only a testament to how amazing the MSU community is, however our family is blessed by God and the community around us, and we are okay in that aspect. The kind words and remembrance of my father is all we could ever ask for!

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Rip, Kittiecop. My condolences to the entire family.

2024 Resume dominance

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:27 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:28 pm
catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:07 pm
BStinsMSU wrote:

Well, without me posting who’s gonna be the ring leader of the Rob Ash fan club?!

In all seriousness, thank you all for the kind words. For all who offered crowd funding as well as tickets we appreciate it and it’s only a testament to how amazing the MSU community is, however our family is blessed by God and the community around us, and we are okay in that aspect. The kind words and remembrance of my father is all we could ever ask for!
My sincere condolences to your family. He has clearly done a great job raising you kids.

ECBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ECBobcat » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:38 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:36 am
Curt's obit.
https://www.kxlh.com/community/obituary ... ne-stinson
Couldn’t hold back the tears reading Curt’s obituary. He was a tremendous guy. Rest In Peace, Curt. I’ll miss seeing you around.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:28 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to your family.

I always enjoyed your Dad's posts here and liked to see his perspective. I'm glad you were able to create some good memories with him at the 'Cat games.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Thank you for the post. It really got me thinking. We’ve talked a lot about the importance of Bobcat Athletics to the campus and the community, and to those of us who graduated or went to school at MSU and have sports as our sole or primary link back to dear old Montana State. But I think many of us have family bonding stories, and I’d never thought as much about the importance of athletics in that vein. The post made me misty eyed, but in a good way, thinking about my dad and I, as far back as the 50s going to basketball to watch my mom’s brother play for Eastern against the ‘Cats — upstairs in Romney Gym! Dad took me to the very first Bobcat basketball game in the Fieldhouse. I got to come in and watch at night a few years later when he was given the job of rebuilding the wooden under-structure that was partially supporting the basketball court. He and my mom were never the fans that I became, but they never failed to listen or get the results from me of the latest “grizzle fizzle” as my dad called them. Thanks, for the focus on some great nostalgic memories.
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 pm

BSinsMSU I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I looked forward to reading his posts. He will be missed on this board.

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:48 am

Here is video tribute overfly of funeral procession of Curt from Helena yesterday.

96 Engineering and 99 Education

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:13 am

That was incredible. Thank you for sharing