GameDay improvement suggestions!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

GameDay improvement suggestions!

Post by sdsyvie » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:25 pm

Started a unique thread to see if we could get some traction on this. Someone has to have some influence to impact this for the better.

Yeah I've been trying to figure out a way to get some actual movement on music selection. It's more of a timing thing with a lot of the songs. A couple things that stick out

1. We need to play some big time pump up stuff between the 3rd and 4th quarter. Tremors following rock this house was killer to get the crowd and team pumped heading into the 4th.

2. After big time plays. They also need to be playing pump up hits, like "freaks" by Timmy trumpet etc

3. Enter sandman by Metallica is one of my favorites, but us NOT working for the run out. I've had an idea of playing the intro of "loyal" by Odessa, featuring our drumline, and then transitioning into a crowd rocker before run out. Actually ran this one by crusado.

Unfortunately whoever is managing now. Seems to just go down the list of songs. Last game we got sweet Caroline at the quarter break and following one of the interceptions Miley Cyrus. Being clear, there is a place for these, just not in those moments.

Solution - you would think they could find a student to volunteer and essentially DJ ala the new sofi stadium in LA.

I realize so many say this is a simple thing. And we should he happy to he complaining about this. But DJing, knowing the timing and moments can drive and reinforce feelings. It's something that should be emphasized and bit more. And relatively easy to remedy

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: GameDay improvement suggestions!

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:06 am

We should focus on getting a whole new sound system first. Who cares what you are playing if it sounds like crap.

Punters are people too!!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:05 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:06 am
We should focus on getting a whole new sound system first. Who cares what you are playing if it sounds like crap.
100%. The sound system is embarrassingly bad. If the wind is right you can’t even hear it from the end zone. When it’s cranked up, it just sounds like loud noises.

If your left, you aren’t right.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:40 am

The timing piece cant be overstated. Our intro could be a 10000X better. The pieces are already there for an epic run out. The intro video needs to be a little shorter and much more of a pump up the crowd feeling. Its close to being pretty epic. But its not quite there.

As for music throughout game day, again its all about timing. Switching a few things up could be great.

One last thing, they need to turn up the volume for the intro a minimum. You can barely hear enter sandman.

Hating the griz since 02.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:52 am

I think we need totally new music, except for the stuff others like. Then we need to let the administration know which beers should be in the beer garden. Maybe we could replace sweet Caroline with cotton eyed Joe.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:01 am

I know this has been beat to death but LOUDER CANNON!!!!!!!!
And more fly overs. The 3 geese before homecoming kickoff barely caught the edge of the stands. Maybe a fly over for a playoff game. Give a non big sky school a show.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:26 am

I'm sure the 174th "Gameday Music" thread here will result in a playlist we can all agree on! Right? [-o<

CatFanatic
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatFanatic » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 am

From the very first home game this year, my wife and I have noticed something missing in pregame, before the team run-out. I tried to pay more specific attention at the most recent home game and found there's about a three minute gap with pretty much nothing going between the time the band forms their two lines on the field and we are waiting for the players to come out. That might be a good time to do the player intros on the big screen. I know those are done earlier, maybe 15 minutes prior to kick-off, while most folks are still filing into the stadium. I'm sure there is a reason things are done when they are, and maybe the timing has just been off with the team coming out, but that is my one small suggestion. Oh yeah, whoever said to turn up "Enter Sandman", I agree with that too.

Guck the Frizz

msubobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by msubobcat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:40 am

The lines to enter need to be addressed, whether it is having more metal detectors, scanners, ticket takers, gates open, etc. waiting in line for over 30 mins to get is too long IMHO. There has been no improvement from the 1st game. I understand get there early notion. I just think it would be a game day improvement for the fan experience.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:43 am

msubobcat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:40 am
The lines to enter need to be addressed, whether it is having more metal detectors, scanners, ticket takers, gates open, etc. waiting in line for over 30 mins to get is too long IMHO. There has been no improvement from the 1st game. I understand get there early notion. I just think it would be a game day improvement for the fan experience.
I didn't make gold rush. The other games the most I stood in line was 3 people, went pretty fast.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:44 am

msubobcat wrote:
Interesting, we usually go into the stadium 20-30 minutes before kickoff and have walked straight in with zero line other than the first game when there was around a 15-minute wait to get in.

snarf
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by snarf » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:35 am

msubobcat wrote:
I am sure if they had more people, more metal detectors would be open:

https://twitter.com/brickbreeden/status ... 72644?s=20

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:14 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:26 am
I'm sure the 174th "Gameday Music" thread here will result in a playlist we can all agree on! Right? [-o<
This! Every time I see this come up for discussion I want to go …🤮

I’ll let the players, admin and staff handle it. I think they do a good job trying to address a crowd with ages10-90. I’m not there for a music recital. I’m outta here.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:54 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:14 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:26 am
This! Every time I see this come up for discussion I want to go …🤮

I’ll let the players, admin and staff handle it. I think they do a good job trying to address a crowd with ages10-90. I’m not there for a music recital. I’m outta here.
I agree. Being a dad I have noticed the younger kids and college students really feed off the music and make the game day atmosphere alot of fun. The game day music just needs to be geared toward that crowd. The fans on this board will be excited for football no matter what is played.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:16 pm

msubobcat wrote:
Their hands are pretty much tied on this. Like everything else in our world today, places/events are busier than ever; while the workforce is smaller than ever. Aside from allowing it to just be a free for all without security, there is only so much the very limited gameday workers can do.

As it stands currently, your best bet is to forgo that last beer at the tailgate, and head on in 15-20 minutes earlier. Though that's not as fun. :wink:

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:30 pm

I would really like to suggest a new sound system.

Punters are people too!!

nutman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by nutman » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:26 am

Weber did one cool thing. The parachutes coming in on a night landing was really cool when the guy with the flag had a torch/streamer thingy on his ankle.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:31 am

More cowbell.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:41 am

nutman wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:26 am
Weber did one cool thing. The parachutes coming in on a night landing was really cool when the guy with the flag had a torch/streamer thingy on his ankle.
The Cats were having parachutists land on the field at least as far back as the early 80's. It that old 1936 Bobcat football film I posted a while back, you can see some sort of a parachute falling in one scene, although I don't believe it was manned. I remember a parachutist landing in the stands once too.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:48 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:41 am
nutman wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:26 am
The Cats were having parachutists land on the field at least as far back as the early 80's. It that old 1936 Bobcat football film I posted a while back, you can see some sort of a parachute falling in one scene, although I don't believe it was manned. I remember a parachutist landing in the stands once too.

We stopped having parachuters shortly after one was injured in Missoula.