Tyrone Marshall

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Tyrone Marshall

Post by gtapp » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:28 pm

I thought he transferred to Idaho State. Not on their roster. Then I saw a tweet that said he committed to NAU but he is not listed on their roster. So, where is he?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tyrone Marshall

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:41 pm

Something must have happened last week. He was on the roster vs. ISU, but not against SUU this past weekend. He was never on the 2 deep.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:43 pm

You're thinking of Tylor Bohannon who ended up at ISU. Marshall was on the spring roster at NAU, and some season preview stuff for NAU but he's not on the roster anymore and I can't find any articles or anything saying he left the team or anything, so not sure what happened.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:56 pm

Sounds like another perfect example of “the grass not always being greener on the other side” with these guys hitting the portal... he would have been (most likely) a big part of the offense this year at MSU.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:56 pm
Sounds like another perfect example of “the grass not always being greener on the other side” with these guys hitting the portal... he would have been (most likely) a big part of the offense this year at MSU.
Who would he be playing over?

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Not necessarily over anyone but he had some real success with sweeps last year that we seem to be missing this year. Not saying he's the only player missing from those successful sweeps.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:24 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
He wouldn’t necessarily have to play over someone to be a big part of the offense. Elijah Elliot plays behind Isaiah but is still a big part of the offense, so is Pickering, Coy Steel before he was injured, Jaharie Martin, etc.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:25 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Other than McCutcheon, who wouldn't he be over?
That's a little dramatic I guess, but the other WRs haven't exactly been lighting it up so far. McCutcheon and the TEs have been 90% of the passing game it seems like.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:32 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:25 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
That's a little dramatic I guess, but the other WRs haven't exactly been lighting it up so far. McCutcheon and the TEs have been 90% of the passing game it seems like.
He wouldn’t be playing over McCutcheon, Patterson, Smith, or Steel. Probably be competing with Patterson (Andrew) and Brown for playing time. I would imagine he’d be getting snaps, but playing a big role? I doubt it.

CatFanatic
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatFanatic » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Somewhat related, I was watching the Sac. State game and saw former Bobcat Greg "Munchie" Filer III getting some playing time at DB. Anybody else notice that?

Guck the Frizz

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:25 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:32 pm
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
He wouldn’t be playing over McCutcheon, Patterson, Smith, or Steel. Probably be competing with Patterson (Andrew) and Brown for playing time. I would imagine he’d be getting snaps, but playing a big role? I doubt it.
Question for you. If Marshall was starting over Smith, what kind of production drop off do you think we'd see?
So far in 7 games, Smith has 10 catches for 114 yards and 0 TDs.

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:59 pm

CatFanatic wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm
Somewhat related, I was watching the Sac. State game and saw former Bobcat Greg "Munchie" Filer III getting some playing time at DB. Anybody else notice that?
Yep! Saw him make some solid plays too...should've picked that PBU in the Endzone, but much like the Zambrano pick against UNC - a better thrown ball and that's a TD. He's still never lost to the griz! =D^

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:30 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:25 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Question for you. If Marshall was starting over Smith, what kind of production drop off do you think we'd see?
Idk. We’d see a drop off in run blocking though, which matters in this offense.

Marshall never showed much as a WR. He couldn’t cut it at a lesser program either. He did well on some jet sweeps and that was literally it.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:37 pm

The point I was making is that he at least had a role in this teams offense. Now it sounds like he is not even on a roster... hence the “grass is not always greener” post.

It was not meant to start a debate.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:38 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:30 pm
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Marshall never showed much as a WR. He couldn’t cut it at a lesser program either. He did well on some jet sweeps and that was literally it.
Good point. Smith is a really good blocker. On the play that McKay ran for the first down to seal the win, Smith had a good block on the outside. I've noticed other good blocks by him during the year. The one on that play was overshadowed by the sweet block by RJ Fitzgerald as he put his man in flight.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:58 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Might have been in the mix for punt catcher 8)

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:59 pm

CatFanatic wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm
I noticed that he didnt lose to them this time either :lol: :lol:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:19 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:58 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Might have been in the mix for punt catcher 8)
Nice wording. =D^

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:33 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:30 pm
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Do you know the reason he left their program? Was it a personal issue, academic, or even football related? How do you know “he couldn’t cut it?”

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:51 pm

I know this is a bit off thread but the transfer we miss the most is Conner. I see he's made it into a couple games and is listed as the backup. Maybe he'll be a starter next year on a SEC team and good for him. Our O line is pretty good but it would be much better with him still here.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing