Tyrone Marshall

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Tyrone Marshall

Post by CatBot » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:51 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:33 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:30 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:25 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:32 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:25 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:56 pm
Sounds like another perfect example of “the grass not always being greener on the other side” with these guys hitting the portal... he would have been (most likely) a big part of the offense this year at MSU.
Who would he be playing over?
Other than McCutcheon, who wouldn't he be over?
That's a little dramatic I guess, but the other WRs haven't exactly been lighting it up so far. McCutcheon and the TEs have been 90% of the passing game it seems like.
He wouldn’t be playing over McCutcheon, Patterson, Smith, or Steel. Probably be competing with Patterson (Andrew) and Brown for playing time. I would imagine he’d be getting snaps, but playing a big role? I doubt it.
Question for you. If Marshall was starting over Smith, what kind of production drop off do you think we'd see?
So far in 7 games, Smith has 10 catches for 114 yards and 0 TDs.
Idk. We’d see a drop off in run blocking though, which matters in this offense.

Marshall never showed much as a WR. He couldn’t cut it at a lesser program either. He did well on some jet sweeps and that was literally it.
Do you know the reason he left their program? Was it a personal issue, academic, or even football related? How do you know “he couldn’t cut it?”
I'm thinking his tweet about "revenge tour" was a decent clue.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:02 pm

CatBot wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:51 pm
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Sounds like another perfect example of “the grass not always being greener on the other side” with these guys hitting the portal... he would have been (most likely) a big part of the offense this year at MSU.
That's a little dramatic I guess, but the other WRs haven't exactly been lighting it up so far. McCutcheon and the TEs have been 90% of the passing game it seems like.
He wouldn’t be playing over McCutcheon, Patterson, Smith, or Steel. Probably be competing with Patterson (Andrew) and Brown for playing time. I would imagine he’d be getting snaps, but playing a big role? I doubt it.
Question for you. If Marshall was starting over Smith, what kind of production drop off do you think we'd see?

Marshall never showed much as a WR. He couldn’t cut it at a lesser program either. He did well on some jet sweeps and that was literally it.
Do you know the reason he left their program? Was it a personal issue, academic, or even football related? How do you know “he couldn’t cut it?”
I'm thinking his tweet about "revenge tour" was a decent clue.
I’m referring to NAU.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:18 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
I don't think we anybody on the current roster who was as fluid as TM.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:41 pm

AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

How do I know he couldn’t cut it? He didn’t accumulate one statistic for a very mediocre Northern Arizona team. Heck, I don’t even know if he took a snap! And how he’s off the roster. Seems pretty clear to me.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:50 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

How do I know he couldn’t cut it? He didn’t accumulate one statistic for a very mediocre Northern Arizona team. Heck, I don’t even know if he took a snap! And how he’s off the roster. Seems pretty clear to me.
So, you are ready to disparage the young man even though you don't know the facts of the situation. You don't know if he had a family member fall ill or if there is a family financial issue that made him leave the team to help take care of. He may very well have had a team issue that made him get cut but we don't know that right now. This young man made the roster of two FCS football teams, so he has talent. I'd lay off personal attacks.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:37 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:50 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

So, you are ready to disparage the young man even though you don't know the facts of the situation. You don't know if he had a family member fall ill or if there is a family financial issue that made him leave the team to help take care of. He may very well have had a team issue that made him get cut but we don't know that right now. This young man made the roster of two FCS football teams, so he has talent. I'd lay off personal attacks.
Never said he wasn’t talented. Every single player on a roster is talented.

Also, I’m sorry, but I fail to see any personal attacks in my posts. I never said a thing about his character, or anything related to that.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:50 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Well said AFCAT. This thread got me to remembering Marshall so I did 10 minutes of digging. It was said that he didn't show much as a WR.
Well his bio from his time at MSU sheds some light on that and maybe tells a different story.
Montana State (2019) Played only four games to preserve his status as a junior entering 2020, but showed signs of dynamic versatility... rushed 12 times for 163 yards and two touchdowns... caught three passes for 25 yards... scored on an 18-yard run against Southern Utah... carried eight times for 81 yards and a touchdown against UM... two catches for 18 yards against Northern Colorado.
The video link below is one of the 2019 Cat/Griz highlights. He shows up in 3 rushing plays with the best beginning at about 3:25 where he runs right into your living room and then goes on to give a high 5 to none other than our president Cruzado. That was so awesome to see live.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:10 pm

Listen to how Colter spells Sauer in this video.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic