Overreactions to the Offense at Weber State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Overreactions to the Offense at Weber State

Post by MSU01 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:25 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:25 am
That's a pretty impressive and surprisingly informative interview from Housewright. It had to be tough balancing the desire to be aggressive and challenge the defense versus the need to avoid the turnovers that Weber didn't avoid and which led directly to MSU's lead.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:35 am

Agreed, great questions and even better answers. This group is clearly on the path to great achievements. They didn't need to be their best to beat a very good team and they are working to improve.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:09 pm

Solid interview. I still believe he did what gave us the best chance at a victory. Weber was counting on a late turnover by the Cats on their side of the field, and Housewright limited the risk to lower the chance of wish coming true. Like Okada mentioned, another week it may be in the hands of the Offense to win the game. This one was all up to the Defense.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:21 pm

I think we are making to big of deal over this. From people I have visited with the OC and WR Coach are sharp minds and well respected. Coach Vigen was pressed a little at the QB club meeting and while he handled it properly, his body language appeared to want to get on the defensive about the offensive performance. Give these guys a chance to grow and mesh just like the players. After Coach explained what they were trying to do, it made sense. Sure there were some situations that could have been called differently, but some plays were just one missed assignment away from breaking.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:41 pm

Enough has been made of it but I don’t think too much has been. No-one has talked of pitch forks, torches, tar and feathers, or for sale signs. In every interview and press conference this week, both the head coach and offensive coordinator have said in their own words that they maybe should have called a few things different. I totally respect them for being so open about looking at their decisions in a critical manner and stating clearly that they are taking some things from this game to learn and improve. I also appreciate how often this staff talks about collaborating with each other. That takes the right people with the right mind set who have lots of respect and trust for each other. That makes them so much stronger as a staff and serves as a great example for the players. More and more this year I feel that Bobcat football is in the hands of a great group of individuals, both coaches and players.
They've moved on and so should we.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:53 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:41 pm
Enough has been made of it but I don’t think too much has been. No-one has talked of pitch forks, torches, tar and feathers, or for sale signs. In every interview and press conference this week, both the head coach and offensive coordinator have said in their own words that they maybe should have called a few things different. I totally respect them for being so open about looking at their decisions in a critical manner and stating clearly that they are taking some things from this game to learn and improve. I also appreciate how often this staff talks about collaborating with each other. That takes the right people with the right mind set who have lots of respect and trust for each other. That makes them so much stronger as a staff and serves as a great example for the players. More and more this year I feel that Bobcat football is in the hands of a great group of individuals, both coaches and players.
Great Post!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:06 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
No, this isn't good enough. I want answers NOW as to why we didn't beat Weber by more points in their house!!! :lol: :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:39 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:06 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
No, this isn't good enough. I want answers NOW as to why we didn't beat Weber by more points in their house!!! :lol: :lol:
😂😂 good stuff catatac!!