What rank will we be in the coaches poll?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: What rank will we be in the coaches poll?

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:52 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 am
The Great Catsby wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:06 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:26 am
Lots of top 25 matchups among the teams above us.
#1 SHSU hosts #21Jacksonville State.
#2 NDSU hosts #18 Missouri State
#5 Villanova hosts #19 Rhode Island
#6 JMU is @ #25 Delaware
#7 SDSU hosts #24 UNI

Even #3 EWU has a tough game vs Weber St

Do to Idaho St what we've done to bad teams all year and we move up next week. There should 1 or 2 upsets on Saturday.
And I'm not confident the Griz can win on the road in Idaho. Their season is probably over with another loss.
After their beat down at EWU, you can bet Idaho will be looking for redemption. A win against the gizz would certainly do it. The little brown jug has a great chance to end up in Moscow! Go Vandals! =D^
It's the Little Brown Stein, not jug. That's Minnesota and Michigan.

The Great Catsby
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by The Great Catsby » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:53 am

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:37 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
The Great Catsby wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
#6 JMU is @ #25 Delaware
#7 SDSU hosts #24 UNI

Do to Idaho St what we've done to bad teams all year and we move up next week. There should 1 or 2 upsets on Saturday.
And I'm not confident the Griz can win on the road in Idaho. Their season is probably over with another loss.
After their beat down at EWU, you can bet Idaho will be looking for redemption. A win against the gizz would certainly do it. The little brown jug has a great chance to end up in Moscow! Go Vandals! =D^
Idaho sucks. With that I will mark them to win against the Cruz anyway.
Idaho lost by 7 to UC Davis, won by 7 against Portland St. So they're just a middle of the road team. But that's still a lot better than how the Griz have been playing. They're not a top 25 team now.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:27 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
#6 JMU is @ #25 Delaware
#7 SDSU hosts #24 UNI

Thanks for putting this together! I always want to see what games to keep an eye on next week!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:35 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:27 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
#6 JMU is @ #25 Delaware
#7 SDSU hosts #24 UNI

Thanks for putting this together! I always want to see what games to keep an eye on next week!
Ditto - I was starting to look these up and remembered you already did, thanks Prodigal! I also glanced at the following weekend games and there are some additional tough ones in there for some teams above us, so for any of the 7 teams above us that don't lose this Saturday, some might on the following Saturday during our bye. As you say, take care of business against ISU and who knows - we could be sitting at #4 heading into Cheney. Win that one and look out, as there are more brawls at the top that weekend and the following when we host Idaho.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:59 am

A little more info on this weekends slate:

#1 SHSU (-17.5) hosts #21Jacksonville State. JSU's win versus FSU looks as dubious as the griz win at UW. It's really hard to find a loss for Sam Houston leading to the playoffs and this is pretty much it. They play a murders row of Dixie State, Eastern Kentucky, Tarleton, Abilene Christian :roll:

#2 NDSU (-11.5) hosts #18 Missouri State. Bison Defense is legit but they are in the same boat as us. They haven't really played the cream of their conference as of yet but this is a test. MO state averages 33.5 pts per game and Shelley can pass the ball well and is mobile. As Cat fans we are MO state fans as they can knock teams like NDSU and SIU out of the undefeated FCS ranks.

#3 EWU (-9.5) hosts Weber St. I hope Weber can keep it within single digits. Maybe they hold EWU in the 30's. Won't matter because unless their Offense acquired a Derrick Henry this week to replace Josh Davis they will be fortunate to score in the 20's. Fingers crossed i'm wrong [-o<

#4 SIU is on a Bye

#5 Villanova (-13) hosts #19 Rhode Island. Rhody is probably the worst 5-1 team from a 'so-called' power conference. Still they've won 5 games

#6 JMU (-14) is @ #25 Delaware. The Blue Hens started the season picked 2nd to win the CAA. They lost their starting QB a few games ago and lost 2 straight.

#7 SDSU (-10) hosts #24 UNI. UNI seems to do this every year. They lose a game or two and end up in playoff mode in October. They also tend to make the playoffs. They have SDSU, SIU, MO State still on the schedule. I bet they win one or two of those games. SDSU was my #1 though before they lost to SIU

#8 MSU (-23.5) hosts ISU. GO CATS!

#9 SELA (-19.5) at Northwestern State. Its hard to take a team with 2 directions in their name seriously..... much less two of them.

#10 UC Davis (-20.5) at Cal Poly

um is -15.5 at IDAHO

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:59 am

#1 SHSU (-17.5) hosts #21Jacksonville State. JSU's win versus FSU looks as dubious as the griz win at UW. It's really hard to find a loss for Sam Houston leading to the playoffs and this is pretty much it. They play a murders row of Dixie State, Eastern Kentucky, Tarleton, Abilene Christian :roll:

#2 NDSU (-11.5) hosts #18 Missouri State. Bison Defense is legit but they are in the same boat as us. They haven't really played the cream of their conference as of yet but this is a test. MO state averages 33.5 pts per game and Shelley can pass the ball well and is mobile. As Cat fans we are MO state fans as they can knock teams like NDSU and SIU out of the undefeated FCS ranks.

#3 EWU (-9.5) hosts Weber St. I hope Weber can keep it within single digits. Maybe they hold EWU in the 30's. Won't matter because unless their Offense acquired a Derrick Henry this week to replace Josh Davis they will be fortunate to score in the 20's. Fingers crossed i'm wrong [-o<

#4 SIU is on a Bye

#5 Villanova (-13) hosts #19 Rhode Island. Rhody is probably the worst 5-1 team from a 'so-called' power conference. Still they've won 5 games

#6 JMU (-14) is @ #25 Delaware. The Blue Hens started the season picked 2nd to win the CAA. They lost their starting QB a few games ago and lost 2 straight.

#7 SDSU (-10) hosts #24 UNI. UNI seems to do this every year. They lose a game or two and end up in playoff mode in October. They also tend to make the playoffs. They have SDSU, SIU, MO State still on the schedule. I bet they win one or two of those games. SDSU was my #1 though before they lost to SIU

#9 SELA (-19.5) at Northwestern State. Its hard to take a team with 2 directions in their name seriously..... much less two of them.

um is -15.5 at IDAHO
So without a big upset it appears the Cats will stay #8 for another week.

Then when we beat EWU we will move up to 7 and EWU will drop to 4. :-k

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:54 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:59 am

#4 SIU is on a Bye

um is -15.5 at IDAHO
So without a big upset it appears the Cats will stay #8 for another week.

Then when we beat EWU we will move up to 7 and EWU will drop to 4. :-k
I'd put money down right now that at least one team above us loses. Also... great work Prodigal - love the analysis... especially #9 :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:13 pm

Two teams ahead of us in the polls lose today, eastern and South Dakota State. I’m almost certain we move ahead of South Dakota State. Do we move ahead of eastern? I think we should and get as high as six. It’s pretty irrelevant because the winner of the Cats/Eagles game should be in the top five after that game, loser drops to about 10th.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

The Great Catsby
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by The Great Catsby » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:24 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:13 pm
Two teams ahead of us in the polls lose today, eastern and South Dakota State. I’m almost certain we move ahead of South Dakota State. Do we move ahead of eastern? I think we should and get as high as six. It’s pretty irrelevant because the winner of the Cats/Eagles game should be in the top five after that game, loser drops to about 10th.
I think we just move up 1 spot to #7. I think EWU's resume is a little better than ours, but a whole lot more flashy, so we don't jump them.

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:28 pm

The Great Catsby wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:24 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:13 pm
I think we just move up 1 spot to #7. I think EWU's resume is a little better than ours, but a whole lot more flashy, so we don't jump them.
Aside from the whole us beating Weber and them
not. We’ll get shafted but who gives an F!? We’re on the path for a couple championship rings this season!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:31 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:52 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
The Great Catsby wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
#6 JMU is @ #25 Delaware
#7 SDSU hosts #24 UNI

The only thing I think of when I hear Little Brown Stein is poop stein.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Polls mean nothing. If for one minute this team pays any attention to our ranking, we will lose. You should never give a crap about the polls until the Sunday morning after the Brawl. Take care of business one week at a time. We have to win out though and you know EWU is going to give us everything they have.

Punters are people too!!

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:43 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:49 pm
Polls mean nothing. If for one minute this team pays any attention to our ranking, we will lose. You should never give a crap about the polls until the Sunday morning after the Brawl. Take care of business one week at a time. We have to win out though and you know EWU is going to give us everything they have.
We aren’t the team; we are the fans. We can talk about the pools all day long.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:07 am

Bobcat Sig wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:43 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:49 pm
We aren’t the team; we are the fans. We can talk about the pools all day long.
Speaking of which, our pool in Arizona the heater is out. We have to contend with 82 degree water.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:45 pm

Montana goes up to #5, EWU falls to #6, UC Davis #7, MSU falls to #15 and Weber back in at #22

Punters are people too!!

Helenabobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Helenabobcat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:48 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:31 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:52 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
The Great Catsby wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
#6 JMU is @ #25 Delaware
#7 SDSU hosts #24 UNI

The only thing I think of when I hear Little Brown Stein is poop stein.
Me too! 😆

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:18 pm

If the coach's poll wasn't so worthless, Sac State would be a top 15 team. I watched them whip um and destroy NAU. They lost their first 2 games. One to Cal and one to UNI where Sac had 6 turnovers. They should easily win out until the final week when they play UC Davis. I'm glad Cats don't play them.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:20 pm

We should be 6th and Eastern 7th. Their loss at home is to team we just beat on road, sac should be above Griz. Big Sky teams in order should be Cats, EWU, Sac, Griz, UCD

Sports is not bigger than life

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:22 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:20 pm
We should be 6th and Eastern 7th. Their loss at home is to team we just beat on road, sac should be above Griz. Big Sky teams in order should be Cats, EWU, Sac, Griz, UCD
We will be 7 because Eastern has an FBS win.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:26 pm

Will probably, be seventh but first game of season against team that hasn't won a game FBS win should not trump what happened the last two weeks

Sports is not bigger than life