What rank will we be in the coaches poll?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Re: What rank will we be in the coaches poll?

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:07 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:37 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 am
The Great Catsby wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:06 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:26 am
Lots of top 25 matchups among the teams above us.
#1 SHSU hosts #21Jacksonville State.
#2 NDSU hosts #18 Missouri State
#5 Villanova hosts #19 Rhode Island
#6 JMU is @ #25 Delaware
#7 SDSU hosts #24 UNI

Even #3 EWU has a tough game vs Weber St

Do to Idaho St what we've done to bad teams all year and we move up next week. There should 1 or 2 upsets on Saturday.
And I'm not confident the Griz can win on the road in Idaho. Their season is probably over with another loss.
After their beat down at EWU, you can bet Idaho will be looking for redemption. A win against the gizz would certainly do it. The little brown jug has a great chance to end up in Moscow! Go Vandals! =D^
Idaho sucks. With that I will mark them to win against the Cruz anyway.
Silly puddy tats

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:26 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:07 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:37 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 am
The Great Catsby wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:06 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:26 am
Lots of top 25 matchups among the teams above us.
#1 SHSU hosts #21Jacksonville State.
#2 NDSU hosts #18 Missouri State
#5 Villanova hosts #19 Rhode Island
#6 JMU is @ #25 Delaware
#7 SDSU hosts #24 UNI

Even #3 EWU has a tough game vs Weber St

Do to Idaho St what we've done to bad teams all year and we move up next week. There should 1 or 2 upsets on Saturday.
And I'm not confident the Griz can win on the road in Idaho. Their season is probably over with another loss.
After their beat down at EWU, you can bet Idaho will be looking for redemption. A win against the gizz would certainly do it. The little brown jug has a great chance to end up in Moscow! Go Vandals! =D^
Idaho sucks. With that I will mark them to win against the Cruz anyway.
Silly puddy tats
Payton is it only silly when cat fans incorrectly predict a griz loss? Or equally silly when griz fans predict beating eastern and sac and lose?

Just curious….. :wink:

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:22 pm

Its the same... a rivalry

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:26 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:22 pm
Both teams have to be competitive to have a rivalry. That hasn’t happened for a couple years.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:26 pm
Go Scats Go wrote:
Both teams have to be competitive to have a rivalry. That hasn’t happened for a couple years.
Please don’t do that. I lived through way too many years of Griz fans trying to claim it wasn’t a rivalry for this reason. It was then and it always will. Appreciate that we aren’t there any more, but don’t downplay the importance of the rivalry.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:37 pm

kmax wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Please don’t do that. I lived through way too many years of Griz fans trying to claim it wasn’t a rivalry for this reason. It was then and it always will. Appreciate that we aren’t there any more, but don’t downplay the importance of the rivalry.
Seriously? Scats is a known troll and he is trolling again. It is the ONLY reason he posted here. I am just putting it back in his face. Instead of you actually dealing with the troll as a moderator, you tell me to knock it off…???….

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:39 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:39 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:37 pm
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Seriously? Scats is a known troll and he is trolling again. It is the ONLY reason he posted here. I am just putting it back in his face. Instead of you actually dealing with the troll as a moderator, you tell me to knock it off…???….
And you are feeding right into what he is wanting. My ask for you is to rise above. But truly you missed the point entirely, your response is a well worn one that rings hollow especially when you’ve had to defend against that same comment coming the other direction.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:59 am

rivercat wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:18 pm
If the coach's poll wasn't so worthless, Sac State would be a top 15 team. I watched them whip um and destroy NAU. They lost their first 2 games. One to Cal and one to UNI where Sac had 6 turnovers. They should easily win out until the final week when they play UC Davis. I'm glad Cats don't play them.
There was a lot of preseason chatter here about whether playing a spring schedule would help or hurt a team. After eight weeks I think we are seeing the answer. I believe the only undefeated teams in Big Sky play, MSU and SAC, are the only two who played zero games in the silly season?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:16 am

kmax wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:39 pm
Cataholic wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
And you are feeding right into what he is wanting. My ask for you is to rise above. But truly you missed the point entirely, your response is a well worn one that rings hollow especially when you’ve had to defend against that same comment coming the other direction.
Cmon man…. You removed the issues section because you felt it was getting too toxic. Yet you won’t do anything about trolls like scats that add absolutely nothing to the board. Instead, you admonish the regular BN poster and die hard fan to “rise above”. That is complete BS and you know it.

And don’t give me that crap about dealing with the “other side” in the lean times. For F sakes, I lived those dark years. Any crap ass Griz fan throwing shade right now deserves to get their ass handed to them - especially right now.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:41 am

kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
That's why we do it. Turn about is fair play. If we can make just one griz fan yell at the screen or hit the keyboard, just one, then shouldn't we try? :D

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:16 am
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cmon man…. You removed the issues section because you felt it was getting too toxic. Yet you won’t do anything about trolls like scats that add absolutely nothing to the board. Instead, you admonish the regular BN poster and die hard fan to “rise above”. That is complete BS and you know it.

And don’t give me that crap about dealing with the “other side” in the lean times. For F sakes, I lived those dark years. Any crap ass Griz fan throwing shade right now deserves to get their ass handed to them - especially right now.
Ok, agree to disagree here. That wasn't an admonishment it was simply a request, not as a moderator but as a lifelong Cat fan myself. I hate seeing Cat fans go to the level of saying the rivalry isn't important and I said so. Whether serious (unlikely) or just smack, it's poor form because it just isn't even close to true. Again, that was my point nothing more. It's my opinion, much as the above is yours and I'll respect it.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:32 am

kmax wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am
Cataholic wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

Ok, agree to disagree here. That wasn't an admonishment it was simply a request, not as a moderator but as a lifelong Cat fan myself. I hate seeing Cat fans go to the level of saying the rivalry isn't important and I said so. Whether serious (unlikely) or just smack, it's poor form because it just isn't even close to true. Again, that was my point nothing more. It's my opinion, much as the above is yours and I'll respect it.
Thanks KMAX. Appreciate the note and the explanation. Sorry for going off on you but these Griz trolls add nothing to the board. Scats is one of the worst. At least others like Griz5700 posts some reasonable football stuff. I can’t think of a single Scats post that was really contributing to the board. It is all trolling. AND HE IS A MODERATOR AT EGRIZ. if anybody should know the rules of decorum, he should.

By the way, the rivalry is without a doubt the most important regular season game to me every year. I was being facetious in the comment above. I mean, they haven’t beat us in over 5 years. I will remind them of that fact anytime I can. I suffered through the streak and I can assure you that they are still owed a SH1T load more grief than I have dished out!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:45 am

Cataholic wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

kmax is allowed to post here as a fan and not a moderator. I agree with kmax, I cringe when I see those comments about it not being a rivalry but at the same time I'm not going to tell anyone how to deal with Griz fans. :lol:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:47 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:32 am
kmax wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am
Cataholic wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

Thanks KMAX. Appreciate the note and the explanation. Sorry for going off on you but these Griz trolls add nothing to the board. Scats is one of the worst. At least others like Griz5700 posts some reasonable football stuff. I can’t think of a single Scats post that was really contributing to the board. It is all trolling. AND HE IS A MODERATOR AT EGRIZ. if anybody should know the rules of decorum, he should.

By the way, the rivalry is without a doubt the most important regular season game to me every year. I was being facetious in the comment above. I mean, they haven’t beat us in over 5 years. I will remind them of that fact anytime I can. I suffered through the streak and I can assure you that they are still owed a SH1T load more grief than I have dished out!
Likewise appreciate the civil response. Completely agree on letting Griz fans know that it's been 5 years (and a couple coaching staffs) since they last won, just doesn't diminish the rivalry and it sounds like on that we do actually agree.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:50 am

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/ ... fcs-top-25

STATS PERFORM FCS TOP 25
Through Games OCT. 25, 2021
RANK
SCHOOL
RECORD
RANK
SCHOOL
RECORD
1 Sam Houston (44) 6-0 1,244 1
2 North Dakota State (6) 7-0 1,201 3
3 Southern Illinois 6-1 1,136 4
4 Villanova 6-1 1,101 5
5 James Madison 6-1 1,023 7
6 Montana State 7-1 979 8
7 Eastern Washington 7-1 963 2
8 Southeastern Louisiana 6-1 909 9
9 UC Davis 7-1 814 10
10 South Dakota State 5-2 744 6
11 Montana 5-2 736 11
12 Kennesaw State 6-1 709 12
T-13 ETSU 7-1 627 14
T-13 UT Martin 6-1 627 13
15 Sacramento State 5-2 525 19
16 Northern Iowa 4-3 492 20
17 Missouri State 4-3 343 17
18 VMI 5-2 332 21
19 Princeton 6-0 310 22
20 Jackson State 6-1 285 24
21 South Dakota 5-3 228 15
22 UIW 5-2 223 16
23 Weber State 3-4 166 NR
24 Rhode Island 5-2 125 18
25 Eastern Kentucky 5-2 105 NR
Dropped Out: Delaware (23), Dartmouth (25)

Others Receiving Votes (schools listed on two or more ballots): William & Mary 52, Prairie View A&M 46, Harvard 37, Chattanooga 31, Mercer 31, North Dakota 29, Delaware 24, Stephen F. Austin 10, Jacksonville State 9, Florida A&M 8, Duquesne 7, Dartmouth 6, Columbia 5

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:12 pm

James Madison has a pretty tough schedule ahead. They play both Elon and William & Mary. Villanova also plays Elon.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:25 pm

Right now, SDSU has only four Div I wins. They've got four games remaining, so they've got to win at least three. They've got NDSU on the schedule, so if we assume NDSU wins they're actually a bubble team at the moment. If they lose to NDSU and one other game they'll likely be out.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:34 pm

Cledus wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:25 pm
Right now, SDSU has only four Div I wins. They've got four games remaining, so they've got to win at least three. They've got NDSU on the schedule, so if we assume NDSU wins they're actually a bubble team at the moment. If they lose to NDSU and one other game they'll likely be out.
I think a 7 win SDSU team would get in. They have a very impressive FBS win over Colorado State and play in the conference that most voters consider the toughest.
But who knows, it depends on how everything else shakes out.

The Great Catsby
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by The Great Catsby » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:55 pm

Cats move to #4. If we win at EWU next week then maybe #2. Which I think will be tied for our highest ranking ever with 1984 and 2012. Have we ever been #1 before?