Hardy Has found His Home

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Hardy Has found His Home

Post by superbobcat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:01 am

I think Hardy has a cool story. He was late to find the football field in High School, MSU provided him with an opportunity, he paid his dues and sat behind Troy under the Choate regime. Coach Vigen and staff come in and see a wow factor and move him to rush end. He flourishes, no more than that, he dominates. Good for him, he paid his dues, works hard, and when he was called upon to shine, he does like the North Star.

He brings a fierce quickness and aggression to the d line. Having a Benson dominating the interior and an unselfish Amadre playing through injury and unselfishly playing his new role has helped in Daniel’s success.

This defense is really firing on all cylinders right now. What a confidence builder that win was last night. We went from Good To Great and shouldn’t look back the rest of the year.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Hardy Has found His Home

Post by WalkOn79 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:22 am

superbobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:01 am
I think Hardy has a cool story. He was late to find the football field in High School, MSU provided him with an opportunity, he paid his dues and sat behind Troy under the Choate regime. Coach Vigen and staff come in and see a wow factor and move him to rush end. He flourishes, no more than that, he dominates. Good for him, he paid his dues, works hard, and when he was called upon to shine, he does like the North Star.

He brings a fierce quickness and aggression to the d line. Having a Benson dominating the interior and an unselfish Amadre playing through injury and unselfishly playing his new role has helped in Daniel’s success.

This defense is really firing on all cylinders right now. What a confidence builder that win was last night. We went from Good To Great and shouldn’t look back the rest of the year.
Good summary

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:40 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:22 am
superbobcat wrote:

Good summary
What he said!!! ^^^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:20 pm

I am certainly glad to have him. Finding the right fit for each player is a vital skill for a coach.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 pm

superbobcat wrote:

He's good, they're good. They compliment each other well. No glory seekers. Lots of high end players and some of those come in off the bench.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:58 am

His interview after the game was telling. Every time he was asked about how well he played, he deflected and gave his teammates all of the credit. He credited the secondary for giving him time to get to the QB and the other "dogs" on the line who free him up. Sounds like a humble kid, great teammate, and a leader of men.

On the other hand, did anyone catch Okada's interview? I love his confidence and he sounds like a coach. This defense is...dare I say...scary good?

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:42 am

Clinton T wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:58 am
His interview after the game was telling. Every time he was asked about how well he played, he deflected and gave his teammates all of the credit. He credited the secondary for giving him time to get to the QB and the other "dogs" on the line who free him up. Sounds like a humble kid, great teammate, and a leader of men.

On the other hand, did anyone catch Okada's interview? I love his confidence and he sounds like a coach. This defense is...dare I say...scary good?
Dare! Dare!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Clinton T wrote:

Okada sounds like one former coach in particular. :D

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:51 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:42 am
Clinton T wrote:

Dare! Dare!
SCARY GOOD.

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:52 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:32 pm
Clinton T wrote:

Rob Ash? :lol:

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:12 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:52 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:

I’ll have to review the film and get back to you on that after I put it in my analytics program.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:22 pm

tdub wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:12 pm
Clinton T wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:

I’ll have to review the film and get back to you on that after I put it in my analytics program.
Okada clearly did not read Rob Ash's book on post game comments. I didn't hear him talk about being gap sound the requisite twelve times.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Clinton T wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:

Kramer!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:44 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:45 pm
Clinton T wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:

Kramer!
Yes!!!! God I miss the big human.