Huge win against a good team fighting for their playoff berth

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Huge win against a good team fighting for their playoff berth

Post by PapaG » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 am

Had people at Buffalo Wild Wings in Portland watching it and can I just say that Troy Andersen is an absolute wrecking ball. Wow, he and Daniel Hardy just crushed it tonight.

That was amazing. Beaverton Hardy should be playing at either UO or OSU. Wow.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: Huge win against a good team fighting for their playoff berth

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:50 am

Both defenses are talented, but the thought of that Weber team in the playoffs is risible. The Bobcats would not have had a shot in that game if Weber hadn't wasted a ton of opportunities. They were awful.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:51 am

PapaG wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 am
Had people at Buffalo Wild Wings in Portland watching it and can I just say that Troy Andersen is an absolute wrecking ball. Wow, he and Daniel Hardy just crushed it tonight.

Yes, Weber's season is all but over. They now need to win out to make the playoffs and that will be tough as they play EWU on the road next week, but I'm not counting them out. Their most reasonable route was to beat MSU at home, lose to EWU, then win the remainder of their games, which is very doable.

Never underestimate the heart of a champion, especially a four-time defending one. That was one of the biggest wins in MSU history. MSU went to Ogden with one goal. To find a way to win. Reminded me of 2002 win in Missoula. Incredible defensive efforts by both teams.

Hardy had a statement game. Andersen did Andersen things. Lots of scouts were tuned in.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:17 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:51 am
PapaG wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 am

Yes, Weber's season is all but over. They now need to win out to make the playoffs and that will be tough as they play EWU on the road next week, but I'm not counting them out. Their most reasonable route was to beat MSU at home, lose to EWU, then win the remainder of their games, which is very doable.

Never underestimate the heart of a champion, especially a four-time defending one. That was one of the biggest wins in MSU history. MSU went to Ogden with one goal. To find a way to win. Reminded me of 2002 win in Missoula. Incredible defensive efforts by both teams.

Hardy had a statement game. Andersen did Andersen things. Lots of scouts were tuned in.
Could maybe add a few names to the Hardy/ Andersen impact. I'd add Okada.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.