The Official-unofficial Bobcat-Weber st gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: The Official-unofficial Bobcat-Weber st gameday thread

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:51 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:58 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:45 pm
thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:05 pm
We just faced the best defense we will see in the regular season. Head and shoulders above everyone else, including Wyoming and especially the fizz. Offense returns to normal next week.
Not even close. WY & the Griz have both proved they are a lot better. Weber is at best #3 in the conference.

That’s why the ineptitude of the offense is so concerning.
We’re clearly watching different Griz defenses. They’re smoke and mirrors, and teams are figuring it out.
Are “teams” figuring it out? Or did future NFL draft pick EB & the best QB coach in FCS history figure it out?

Cats/Griz are 1-2…Weebs is #3, EWU #4, then a big drop to the rest of the conference.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:12 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:51 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:
We just faced the best defense we will see in the regular season. Head and shoulders above everyone else, including Wyoming and especially the fizz. Offense returns to normal next week.
Not even close. WY & the Griz have both proved they are a lot better. Weber is at best #3 in the conference.

We’re clearly watching different Griz defenses. They’re smoke and mirrors, and teams are figuring it out.
Are “teams” figuring it out? Or did future NFL draft pick EB & the best QB coach in FCS history figure it out?

Cats/Griz are 1-2…Weebs is #3, EWU #4, then a big drop to the rest of the conference.
There is absolutely no way that the griz D is better than Webers. Absolutely no way.

imacat

Post by imacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:28 pm

[/quote]

Sac State must have gotten very lucky then.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:28 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:12 pm
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

There is absolutely no way that the griz D is better than Webers. Absolutely no way.
I don’t know what to tell you…other than every single statistical category says otherwise.

People keep acting like Weber is the reincarnation of the 85 Bears. :-k

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:29 pm

imacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:28 pm

Sac State must have gotten very lucky then.
[/quote]

Sac State has the best QB coach in FCS history.

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:34 pm

onceacat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

I don’t know what to tell you…other than every single statistical category says otherwise.

Weber has allowed 37 points in conference play. The griz have allowed 69.

The Cats have allowed 38 which is #2 in the conference

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:39 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:34 pm
onceacat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

And the Cats have played four conference games and the griz and Weber have played only three.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:40 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:39 pm
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

And the Cats have played four conference games and the griz and Weber have played only three.
Point taken. That means Weber is allowing 12 ppg and the griz are allowing 23 ppg

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:44 pm

Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

And they gave up 80 or so OOC. I try not to cherry pick outlier stats when I’m making a case.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:57 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:44 pm
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

And they gave up 80 or so OOC. I try not to cherry pick outlier stats when I’m making a case.
Yet somehow, despite the Griz being so great on defense, Sacramento State had their 2nd best offensive game of the year in terms of yardage against them. Keep in mind, they’ve played Southern Utah and Idaho State. Watch the game. That Griz defense isn’t that good.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:12 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:57 pm
onceacat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

Yet somehow, despite the Griz being so great on defense, Sacramento State had their 2nd best offensive game of the year in terms of yardage against them. Keep in mind, they’ve played Southern Utah and Idaho State. Watch the game. That Griz defense isn’t that good.
And despite the reincarnation of Richard Dent and the Fridge into the '21 WSU Wildcats, they gave up 40 to a terrible Utah offense & 37 to JMU at home. EWU is way better than JMU and the fizz held them to 34.

EWU has the QB and Sac has the coaching to torch the Griz smoke & mirrors. I'm not sure that any other teams in the country have that sort of coaching acumen or QB play to deal with the Griz blitzes.

Tell you what...if the Weber Steel Curtain holds EWOO to under 30, I'll take it all back.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:21 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:12 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:57 pm
onceacat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

And despite the reincarnation of Richard Dent and the Fridge into the '21 WSU Wildcats, they gave up 40 to a terrible Utah offense & 37 to JMU at home. EWU is way better than JMU and the fizz held them to 34.

EWU has the QB and Sac has the coaching to torch the Griz smoke & mirrors. I'm not sure that any other teams in the country have that sort of coaching acumen or QB play to deal with the Griz blitzes.

Tell you what...if the Weber Steel Curtain holds EWOO to under 30, I'll take it all back.
Football isn’t transitive. Teams match up differently.

I’m not claiming that Weber is an all world defense, despite your straw man attempts. All I’m saying is that they’re better than UM’s defense. And, if Sacramento State has this terribly amazing QB coach, then why did they do better against UM yards wise than they did against Southern Utah or Idaho State? By your logic, that would mean those defenses are better. But we all know that isn’t true. Use your eyes, watch the games.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:00 am

rivercat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:56 pm
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

Lol. Griz defense? At best um is 3rd.
That can't be right. I've been hearing from numerous sources, since the first game of the season, that the Griz D might be the best in the country.

Which shows you how little I know about football because I just can't see it.

What's the old saying? You're never as good as your best game, and you're not a bad as your worst game?

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:59 am

catbooster wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:00 am
rivercat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:56 pm
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

Lol. Griz defense? At best um is 3rd.
That can't be right. I've been hearing from numerous sources, since the first game of the season, that the Griz D might be the best in the country.

Which shows you how little I know about football because I just can't see it.

What's the old saying? You're never as good as your best game, and you're not a bad as your worst game?
Or as Choate said after 19s Cat-griz, “you aren’t the man you were last week”. Was referring to um game against weebs the previous week.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:38 pm

I think the UM defense at full strength is probably at the top of the Big Sky. But, they actually are pretty banged up, injured, sick right now and I doubt they get back to full strength this season. MSU has the best D in the conference, followed by Weber.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:45 pm
Is 10 points enough to beat EWU? Asking for a friend.
Yes if we only give up 7 :shock:

Sports is not bigger than life

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:46 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:38 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:45 pm
Is 10 points enough to beat EWU? Asking for a friend.
Yes if we only give up 7 :shock:

Holding ewu under 30 is very impressive... keeping them under 20 is close to impossible...

So basically I’m saying our offense will need to score around 30+ for us to win.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:57 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:55 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:51 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:50 pm
No way we beat EWU playing like this. Gotta figure out how to call plays on offense.
That game is completely different animal.
Yea but it’s still the correct observation. We won’t win against EWU or UM playing offense like we did tonight.
Your missing the point. Offense played to the type of game, if we are in a shootout, it will be different

Sports is not bigger than life

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:19 pm

If MSU tried to sit back and throw deep passes, I guarantee you this is what would be posted here:

“Wow! Have to seriously question the offensive playing calls!”

“Why would you try to throw deep against a good pass rush and good secondary! Run the ball up the middle!”

“I don’t know why they don’t just only call the plays that work good. That’s what I would do.”

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:22 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:19 pm
“I don’t know why they don’t just only call the plays that work good. That’s what I would do.”
😆 🤣