The Official-unofficial Bobcat-Weber st gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Official-unofficial Bobcat-Weber st gameday thread

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:56 am

utucats wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:42 am
rivercat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:10 am
Can anyone guess what happens after one team takes a lead?

The other team has to score or they lose.

That was the game plan fellas.

Kinda like an old fashioned championship heavy weight boxing match. Once you win enough rounds, the goal isn't to KO the opponent anymore, it's to keep from getting KO'd and win by decision.
I don’t believe that the game plan was to keep going 3 and out and sending our defense back on the field to try and keep ahold of the lead. It worked but, let’s be honest, the offense had a rough night.
3 and outs weren't the game plan, but conservative play calling probably was. It could've been a little more creative in the run game but Weber just got healthy across their D line so give them some credit.

At the end of the day, we're 6-1 and one terrible call away from 7-0. Let's take it and move on. If the offense struggles against Idaho State next week then I might be concerned. Let's see what happens next week.

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:17 am

Let's not forget we have a first year HC, DC and OC. And we are 6-1, 4-0.

MountainCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MountainCat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:22 am

I will have to say that I’m already very excited for next year. Coach Vigen will have a good feel for his job as well as the coordinators and the next level of recruiting and “wrinkles in the plan” can start to take shape and move forward. THAT will be exciting!!

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:27 am

Field position was brutal! How many times did Weber start at the 50 and come up empty handed?!

Vigen knew a turnover would be absolutely devastating in this game(see Weber state). Offensive game plan was do no harm. Sure they could have still been conservative and yet found some more creativity for Ifanse to get yards.

aucat

Post by aucat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:42 am

I agree with the post that we better see a more explosive offensive game plan next Saturday. I should always be happy with a win on the road
for crying out loud, but I swear, 1 for 12 on 3rd down?

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:03 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:33 am
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:10 am
](*,) ](*,) I am excited and relieved we won tonight. But we can’t sugar coat how bad our offensive play calling and execution were. Housewright didn’t do us any favors. Weber it’s now 2-4, they are not a great team. They are better than their record, but we’re 100% the better team and almost lost because of poor game plan and failure to adjust. We will lose to equally talented teams by continuing to play so so conservative on offense. Literally even some differentiating run plays would have helped.
Lol......... Thanks coach no one.
lol... your welcome. Exciting game, frustrating offensive play calling, Weber is 2-4, Housewright didn't call his best game and needs to improve in order to be successful against other really good teams. Not sure what I said that was controversial or hadn't been said about fifty times already. Don't think you need a football pedigree to state the obvious.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:09 am

While Bobcat fans have the victory to mollify the frustration, fans at the Weber State forum are calling for scalps :D
https://bigskyfans.com/wildcats/viewtop ... d1209f89ab

Always love wrecking homecoming games ;)

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:47 am

Rich K wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:09 am
While Bobcat fans have the victory to mollify the frustration, fans at the Weber State forum are calling for scalps :D
https://bigskyfans.com/wildcats/viewtop ... d1209f89ab

Always love wrecking homecoming games ;)
They noticed the same thing we did...

"Our offense is so bad that Montana State doesn’t care about moving the ball on offense. They are fine running the ball up the middle on 3rd and 7."

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:17 am
True enough. But we haven't played a Top 25 team yet...haven't even played a team with a winning record. (except Wyoming, which we lost).

Sometimes good teams win ugly...but sometimes ugly showings are indicative of deeper problems. I guess the game in Cheney will show us which is the case with this team.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:04 am

onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 am
84CatGrad wrote:
True enough. But we haven't played a Top 25 team yet...haven't even played a team with a winning record. (except Wyoming, which we lost).

Sometimes good teams win ugly...but sometimes ugly showings are indicative of deeper problems. I guess the game in Cheney will show us which is the case with this team.
Hard to say whether they are top 25. Weber's losses are to an FBS team and 3 FCS teams ranked in the top 12. Brutal schedule.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:57 am

Bocephus wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:27 am
Field position was brutal! How many times did Weber start at the 50 and come up empty handed?!

Vigen knew a turnover would be absolutely devastating in this game(see Weber state). Offensive game plan was do no harm. Sure they could have still been conservative and yet found some more creativity for Ifanse to get yards.
That had to have been the deciding factor in the conservative play calling. Only thing I can think of, other than Weber's D was fully healthy, rested and stout!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:11 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:04 am
onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 am
84CatGrad wrote:

Hard to say whether they are top 25. Weber's losses are to an FBS team and 3 FCS teams ranked in the top 12. Brutal schedule.
Fair enough. But they sure aren't top 20.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:05 pm

We just faced the best defense we will see in the regular season. Head and shoulders above everyone else, including Wyoming and especially the fizz. Offense returns to normal next week.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:20 pm

Pretty much impossible to transfer post game press conference video from phone to computer while driving home last night but here it is

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:45 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:05 pm
We just faced the best defense we will see in the regular season. Head and shoulders above everyone else, including Wyoming and especially the fizz. Offense returns to normal next week.
Not even close. WY & the Griz have both proved they are a lot better. Weber is at best #3 in the conference.

That’s why the ineptitude of the offense is so concerning.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:56 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:45 pm
thefrank1 wrote:
Not even close. WY & the Griz have both proved they are a lot better. Weber is at best #3 in the conference.

Lol. Griz defense? At best um is 3rd.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

bcatfan1

Post by bcatfan1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:17 pm

onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

If the Griz D is that legit, Sac State had themselves one hell of a game today!

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:28 pm

onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

I am not sure what you are watching, but the Griz D was AWFUL today. Weber was fast and physical, just like every year with Jay Hill. Weber is the second best defense in the Big Sky behind MSU. As for the Griz, it is a stretch to even place them at 3 after today.

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:29 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:17 pm
onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

If the Griz D is that legit, Sac State had themselves one hell of a game today!
They really couldn’t handle a mobile QB. I think Tommy Football might have himself quite a day in missoula.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:58 pm

onceacat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

We’re clearly watching different Griz defenses. They’re smoke and mirrors, and teams are figuring it out.