'Cats @ Weber State Predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: 'Cats @ Weber State Predictions

Post by Pecos24 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Sam Herder predicting 27-20 Bobcat win. https://herosports.com/fcs-football-wee ... tate-bzbz/

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:03 pm

Weber 27
MSU 21

I'll be massively impressed with MSU if they win. It's a huge game for Weber and I think they're ready for it. MSU needs to bring its A+ game to get the win. Not a knock on MSU if they lose. This is just a tough game. All the intangibles belong to Weber.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:09 pm

Bobcats 31
Othercats 20

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:23 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:03 pm
Weber 27
MSU 21

I'll be massively impressed with MSU if they win. It's a huge game for Weber and I think they're ready for it. MSU needs to bring its A+ game to get the win. Not a knock on MSU if they lose. This is just a tough game. All the intangibles belong to Weber.
You are the first Bobcat fan to pick us to lose. If Weber wins you'll win the thread by default.

I agree with you're points but still think we're strong enough to overcome the obstacles.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:25 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:23 pm
iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:03 pm
Weber 27
MSU 21

You are the first Bobcat fan to pick us to lose. If Weber wins you'll win the thread by default.

I agree with you're points but still think we're strong enough to overcome the obstacles.
I agree, but if we play like we did against PSU, Wyoming, NDSU, or Davis, we won't win. Those are our last four road games, btw. We have to be good on the road.

MountainCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MountainCat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:27 pm

I bleed Blue and Gold, never doubt… But, I worry that a bit of complacency after an easy schedule could be setting in with our team (I pray I’m wrong). We’ve handled the teams we should and given our new coaching staff the luxury of running games from the lead and not behind. Tonight, the cupcake schedule flips and though we absolutely should pull out this win, I hope our guys dig deep to find out who they are and where we want to go this year. We’ve been able to coast so far, it’s going to start requiring some digging from here on out and I hope our players stiffen up and recognize the difference after tonight. We have the pieces, do we have the necessary mindset? We’ll know more tonight and I can’t wait! If we lose, we will be better because of it, if we win, we will better because of it… Stoked!!!

Montana State 27
Weber 17

LIBBYCAT

Post by LIBBYCAT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:32 pm

We are an hour out of Ogden. Got a bus load of folks hoping it’s a great game with the right Cats coming out on top!

I will say 24-10 Bobcats

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:41 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:17 pm
I would guess Hill is just saying that teams that don’t turn the ball over win more games than not, and he’s trying to be confident in saying they’ll create turnovers.

I wouldn’t consider that trash talk or insulting, personally.
I see this mostly as "we are not executing!" It's not "we lack talent". I take it he's identifying as a coaching issue...and he, as head coach, is going to get things right!
I watched some film on these guys and they looked pretty decent. Utah put them away entirely, Dixie, Cal Poly were the Bobcats Cal Poly, Drake.
They had Davis beaten and left them off the hook with 27 seconds to go in the game. 14-10 Weber suddenly became 17-14 UCD. Can't figure out how they put up 411 total yards and only score 14. That's probably what Hill was talking about...dropped passes, fumbles, etc.
Anyway, I'm not changing my prediction.

Danster21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Danster21 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:58 pm

I've watched all of our games this season and every season since 2015. I've even watched most of the Weber games (mostly because they've had some big time opponents this half-season). My brain and heart are COMPLETELY torn on this game. To be rational, we should win by at least 4 but we have the capacity to end with a 2-score lead -- especially if it's a higher scoring game than many predict. But doesn't this just feel like a game the Cats are supposed to lose? The irrational part of my brain feels like Weber will get up early and we'll flail on offense as they coast to a 13 point win. Weber in Ogden is no easy task for any team, especially on a short week (I'm less worried about Weber off a bye than us off short rest, the Jay Hill Wildcats typically struggle off a bye). It feels sooooo un-2010s-Bobcats to be expecting a win here so it'll be doubly amazing if we come away with a win: we get a quality win on the schedule and we get the monkey of losing to big in-conference rivals (sans the fizz) off our back. I'll have my full trust in Vigen if he flies home victorious.

My brain says 19-9 W
My heart says 24-14 L
I'll go with my brain this week and hope my heart is dead wrong.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Danster21 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:58 pm
I've watched all of our games this season and every season since 2015. I've even watched most of the Weber games (mostly because they've had some big time opponents this half-season). My brain and heart are COMPLETELY torn on this game. To be rational, we should win by at least 4 but we have the capacity to end with a 2-score lead -- especially if it's a higher scoring game than many predict. But doesn't this just feel like a game the Cats are supposed to lose? The irrational part of my brain feels like Weber will get up early and we'll flail on offense as they coast to a 13 point win. Weber in Ogden is no easy task for any team, especially on a short week (I'm less worried about Weber off a bye than us off short rest, the Jay Hill Wildcats typically struggle off a bye). It feels sooooo un-2010s-Bobcats to be expecting a win here so it'll be doubly amazing if we come away with a win: we get a quality win on the schedule and we get the monkey of losing to big in-conference rivals (sans the fizz) off our back. I'll have my full trust in Vigen if he flies home victorious.

My brain says 19-9 W
My heart says 24-14 L
I'm no expert but if my heart was feeling like yours I'd consider seeing a cardiologist.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Danster21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Danster21 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:37 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:28 pm
Danster21 wrote:

My brain says 19-9 W
My heart says 24-14 L
I'm no expert but if my heart was feeling like yours I'd consider seeing a cardiologist.
Hey if you wanna pay my premium I think I might :lol: :lol:

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:40 pm

Danster21 wrote:

My brain says 19-9 W
My heart says 24-14 L
But...but...but since 2001 the Bobcats are 7-3 in Ogden. I would like to play them there every year.?? :-k

RMD
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by RMD » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:46 pm

The D scores twice and the BOBCATS win 38-13

catpound

Post by catpound » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:02 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:31 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:51 pm
No prediction from me, but I'll leave you with a Jay Hill quote from a recent article. Hill talking about the cats turnovers..."You wonder why they're 5-1...but their turnovers are coming, I promise."

https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-s ... turnovers/
That doesn't even make sense. If he's implying that we would have lost any of those four games if not for turnovers..... that is an idiotic statement. Three of those wins have been absolute blowouts, and the PSU probably isn't what I'd call a blowout but pretty sloppy game with several miscues and we still beat the by two TD's in their house.

Yes, we may have some turnovers coming at some point but maybe just maybe we are really good at ball security and maybe MM is being very smart with where he's throwing the football. Trey Lance went an entire season without throwing an INT. Sure there were a couple lucky breaks there but mainly just really smart about where to put the ball.
Reading between the lines he is saying the Cats are 5-1 because of a weak schedule and Weber will be turning them over because he thinks they are better than the Cats.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:42 pm

LIBBYCAT wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:32 pm
We are an hour out of Ogden. Got a bus load of folks hoping it’s a great game with the right Cats coming out on top!

I will say 24-10 Bobcats
Thanks for carrying the torch LibbyCat for those of us that can't be there. Scream your heads off and make everyone around you do the same... I think the team is going to need that extra boost!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:14 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:42 pm
LIBBYCAT wrote:

I will say 24-10 Bobcats
Thanks for carrying the torch LibbyCat for those of us that can't be there. Scream your heads off and make everyone around you do the same... I think the team is going to need that extra boost!
+1

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:15 pm

LIBBYCAT wrote:

I will say 24-10 Bobcats
Did you guys have enough booze for the trip?

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:22 pm

I'm going to predict the Cats win and griz fans say Weber sucks.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:28 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:22 pm
I'm going to predict the Cats win and griz fans say Weber sucks.
And they still had the “griz hangover” from 2019. :lol:

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:30 pm

23-19 CATS👍