'Cats @ Weber State Predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: 'Cats @ Weber State Predictions

Post by coloradocat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:36 am

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:16 am
catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:45 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:24 am
Common Cat wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:51 pm
No prediction from me, but I'll leave you with a Jay Hill quote from a recent article. Hill talking about the cats turnovers..."You wonder why they're 5-1...but their turnovers are coming, I promise."

https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-s ... turnovers/
What a douchey comment. Is he guaranteeing that they're going to get turnovers from us? Because that's what it sounds like. I guess he could walk back those comments and just say that he meant "in general" the Bobcats will have turnovers in their remaining games. In which case we could all give a big sigh of "No ****** Sherlock".

Can't wait for this little gem to come back and bite him and all his 30 year olds right in the ass.
Agree. And again, him saying "You wonder why they're 5-1..." is just stupid.

I asked the writer for clarification on Twitter, seeing if there is some missing context. To me it has to be something like "you wonder why they're 5-1, it's because they don't turn the ball over". I have no idea where this quote came from, maybe a weekly presser but WSU doesn't seem to publish those so I can't verify. But it just seems like a very odd comment from an HC, especially Jay Hill.
I feel like the ... gives a hint that this is an abbreviated quote to spice up the ending of the article. It doesn't even make sense, like we're only 5-1 because we don't turn the ball over.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:08 pm

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:19 pm

From the article:
“We’re talented enough, we’re good enough,” Hill said. “What cost us in the James Madison game and the UC Davis game was not that they were way more skilled or talented than we were, or way more physical, or any of that stuff. We had more yards than James Madison and UC Davis. What we have to do is take care of the ball better. That’s the bottom line. Those two games would have been way different had we won the turnover margin.”
But you didn't win the turnover margin, Jay. Turnovers are part of the game, so they count. Just like in chess, you win if you capture the king not if you capture more pieces than your opponent.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:23 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:08 pm
Good for you reaching out.

It's not a huge deal in terms of "locker room material". That said, I'd like to see this re-tweeted about 5,000 times and make sure that every single person on our roster and coaching staff sees that Hill is promising we turn the ball over. Always love added motivation. :lol:

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:17 pm

I would guess Hill is just saying that teams that don’t turn the ball over win more games than not, and he’s trying to be confident in saying they’ll create turnovers.

I wouldn’t consider that trash talk or insulting, personally.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:43 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:17 pm
I would guess Hill is just saying that teams that don’t turn the ball over win more games than not, and he’s trying to be confident in saying they’ll create turnovers.

I agree. It does sound very dismissive, but I don't think he's dumb enough to say "they're only 5-1 because they've been lucky not to turn the ball over". I think it's more "no wonder they're 5-1, they don't turn the ball over and we're hoping to change that". I also believe that if MSU was even on turnovers, their record wouldn't be any different. I think Jay Hill knows that too.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:51 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:43 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:17 pm

I agree. It does sound very dismissive, but I don't think he's dumb enough to say "they're only 5-1 because they've been lucky not to turn the ball over". I think it's more "no wonder they're 5-1, they don't turn the ball over and we're hoping to change that". I also believe that if MSU was even on turnovers, their record wouldn't be any different. I think Jay Hill knows that too.
I think most of us understood what he likely meant. It's just surprising the way it was worded. most seem caught up on the 5-1 sentence, where I was more surprised by his last sentence, PROMISING that they'll force turnovers.

I've seen coaches say they need to win the turnover battle. That goes without saying. I've seen some say they NEED to create turnovers. This too makes sense. But I can't recall a coach, saying in print, that he PROMISES his opponent will turn the ball over. Just came across a bit odd and Hauck-like to me.

All good though. I've never wanted us to protect the ball more! :lol:

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:50 pm

The turnover comment by jay hill makes about as much sense as Bobby haucks excuse for the cat-griz blowout in 2019....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:04 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:50 pm
The turnover comment by jay hill makes about as much sense as Bobby haucks excuse for the cat-griz blowout in 2019....
Ya that one always makes me laugh. "We prepped for their best player and he didn't even play, so of course they beat us!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:32 pm

Anyone else find it kinda weird that 1 or 2 Weber posters that frequent this board are completely silent? I get it the season isn't probably going the way they had hoped but a game that is pretty damned important and is nationally televised. Come on guys... what say you? @weberwildcat

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:03 am
This should be a tough game, but one the Cats can win. Our D is better than the Weber O. Even with Barron coming back they aren't amazing on offense. Our O looks to be pretty evenly matched with their D. The one thing that worries me is Shaheed. Gotta keep the ball away from him. Probably will be close throughout.

Cats - 27
Wildcats - 17
I like this score.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:09 pm

Looked on their fan board and there isn't even a topic created yet for this game. :(

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:37 pm

MSU 24
WSU 17

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Weber will slow us down on offense, and we will have some trouble containing their passing game - I look for it to be a 1 TD margin.

MSU - 31
WSU - 24
Last edited by codecat on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:43 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:09 pm
Looked on their fan board and there isn't even a topic created yet for this game. :(
We're their homecoming game, all seven of their fans have commented.
https://bigskyfans.com/wildcats/viewtop ... =3&t=10441

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:00 pm

Montana State Fighting Bobcats 26
Weeeberrr 22

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:29 pm

The one player bozeman cannot let them get beat by is Rashid Shaheed
If he gives them great field position, Weber will win. Believe this is a Pick um game... Go with the home team

Mormon cats 20
bozeman cats 17

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:16 am

Close hard fought game 24 - 20 Cats

GO CATS!!!

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catgradtimes2 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:40 am

I just don’t see Weber being able to score on us. I also don’t think their defense is as good as Wyoming’s.

Cats - 27
Weber - 7

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:51 pm

I’m struggling with this one. Should be a defensive slug fest. Good Cats 23 - Bad cats 13

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"