Weber State Tailgate | Friday Oct. 15

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msualumnifoundation
BobcatNation Letterman

Weber State Tailgate | Friday Oct. 15

Post by msualumnifoundation » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:37 pm

Hey Bobcat fans,
We are headed to Utah! Weber State is a dry campus. And what is a tailgate without a cold beverage? In place of our usual tailgate, we will be having a pre-game gathering at Warren's Craft Burger. Warren’s has agreed to close to the public and let the Bobcats take over! Seating is first-come, first-serve. A limited menu will be available with a full bar.

We hope to see you Friday, October 15 from 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. in Ogden. No RSVP is needed, but you can find more information at www.msuaf.org/OGTG.

Go 'Cats!

Jen Poser-Hayden
Director of Alumni Engagement | Tailgates

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Weber State Tailgate | Friday Oct. 15

Post by allcat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:54 pm

That place was a mistake. We showed at 5:15 the place was full and there was a steady stream of people going somewhere else. We went across the street to Roosters. I had a gorgonzola burger and a wheat beer. Really good.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:47 pm

Tough deal there. Lotsa of Cat Fans, not enough help. Got one drink and never saw another waitress. Seems like a great place and good menu items, like everywhere else they seemed short staffed and the Cat fans were plentiful! Pepitos was great!

Section101
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Section101 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:25 pm

Rolled in a little after 6, never had any problem with the service and yes they were busy. The food was great just could not order a double. Thought that whoever from MSU that had organized did a very good job considering the limitations.
Weber fans even offered beers in the parking area.

msualumnifoundation
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by msualumnifoundation » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:31 pm

Hi @allcat
I'm sorry you were not able to get a table! We did advertise that seating was first come, first serve. It is challenging to find a place to accommodate a group of our size, over 300 Bobcats stopped by that night. I called around 15 venues and restaurants before getting a yes. The game being on a Friday night added to the challenge of securing a place. Yes, @LIBBYCAT the service was poor, and it was painful for me to watch. I HATE when people have to wait for a drink. But the truth is, the F&B industry has been hit hard all over the country, and this is not the first venue to have expressed to us that they don't have enough staff. Every location we have visited this season, we are having incredible challenges with caterers, bars, and restaurants. While it is not an event to our standards, the best we can do is be patient with the F&B industry and give them some grace this year.
Thanks for your understanding. I'm glad you were able to find another place! Next time you are at one of our events, let me know and I'll buy both of you a drink.
Thanks!

Jen Poser-Hayden

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:43 pm

We popped in 6:30ish and everything was great. Very efficient service and good food. Couldn't find a parking spot but that's not on the restaurant.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:53 pm

msualumnifoundation wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:31 pm
Hi @allcat
I'm sorry you were not able to get a table! We did advertise that seating was first come, first serve. It is challenging to find a place to accommodate a group of our size, over 300 Bobcats stopped by that night. I called around 15 venues and restaurants before getting a yes. The game being on a Friday night added to the challenge of securing a place. Yes, @LIBBYCAT the service was poor, and it was painful for me to watch. I HATE when people have to wait for a drink. But the truth is, the F&B industry has been hit hard all over the country, and this is not the first venue to have expressed to us that they don't have enough staff. Every location we have visited this season, we are having incredible challenges with caterers, bars, and restaurants. While it is not an event to our standards, the best we can do is be patient with the F&B industry and give them some grace this year.
Thanks for your understanding. I'm glad you were able to find another place! Next time you are at one of our events, let me know and I'll buy both of you a drink.
Thanks!

Jen Poser-Hayden
I probably came across wrong. All I was doing was pointing out that it didn't work for us. I have always enjoyed what you guys do, and do like to participate. I also know the challenges of something like this. Weber makes it difficult, with no tailgating. Free is my favorite kind of drink, however you certainly owe me nothing and we will continue to attend. We had a great time in Portland. We don't go to grizville and won't go to eweU anymore. The tailgate at eweU is great, just have come to despise the stadium and the way they treat fans.

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:00 pm

I completely understand the issues in the service industry and generally across the board as far as hiring help especially quality help. We managed and as a whole the trip was a blast, capped by a hard fought win! Probably going to Eastern game as well but rather than buy a grumpy old man a drink, as a group we would like to toast the job you do!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:19 pm

LIBBYCAT wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:00 pm
I completely understand the issues in the service industry and generally across the board as far as hiring help especially quality help. We managed and as a whole the trip was a blast, capped by a hard fought win! Probably going to Eastern game as well but rather than buy a grumpy old man a drink, as a group we would like to toast the job you do!
I resemble that remark.