Big Game at Weber Friday

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Big Game at Weber Friday

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:41 pm

This year, we do too.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:41 pm

This is a tough one. Looking at Weber’s defense, they held JMU at home to 37. New Hampshire at home held JMU to 23 and Villanova held JMU to 27 on the road. WSU held Utah to 40, Dixie St to 3, UCD to 17 (but lost), & CP to 7. I think it’s fair to say they don’t have the best defense in the FCS but I think their defense is comparable to ours as far as scoring goes. Although, it appears they don’t generate many turnovers to help their offense where ours does.

On offense, they scored 24 vs JMU & just 14 vs UCD (both at home) and 38 on the road vs CP. I think it’s fair to say our offense is superior to theirs’.

I think their biggest advantage is they are coming off a bye and we’re having to travel on a short week.

Our remaining schedule is: ISU, bye, @EWU, UI, @um. EWU’s bye is the same as ours so both teams should be well prepared for that game.

This should be a game like the WY game……low scoring and I don’t see the CATS taking any chances that’ll put our defense in a bad spot. I like our chances but as others have said, points will be at a premium and even if one team dominates the game, I don’t think either team will dominate the scoreboard. I’m thinking 23-19 CATS.

WSUWILDCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:36 pm

Sorry gents, been elk hunting and I just got home.

This is gonna be a tough game for Weber to win. It really comes down to who's quarterbacking for us this game. If it's Weisser or Barron we have a better shot than if it's Johnson. Defensively I think we are gonna be the best team you've played since Wyoming. If I had to be honest the way I see it is Weber will either win a close game or lose by a few scores. A close defensive game I think benefits Weber but I dont think we can run up and down the field and match you guys in a shootout.

Time will tell I guess.

Go Weber!

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:47 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:36 pm

This is gonna be a tough game for Weber to win. It really comes down to who's quarterbacking for us this game. If it's Weisser or Barron we have a better shot than if it's Johnson. Defensively I think we are gonna be the best team you've played since Wyoming. If I had to be honest the way I see it is Weber will either win a close game or lose by a few scores. A close defensive game I think benefits Weber but I dont think we can run up and down the field and match you guys in a shootout.

Time will tell I guess.

Go Weber!
The real question, did you kill an elk?

Hating the griz since 02.

WSUWILDCAT

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:09 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:47 pm
WSUWILDCAT wrote:

Time will tell I guess.

Go Weber!
The real question, did you kill an elk?

I did, got a 5x4 bull \:D/

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 pm

What is with the W logo with the arrow? You guys look like a shipping company

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:53 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 pm
+1

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:26 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:

Time will tell I guess.

Go Weber!
Congrats on getting the elusive wapiti.

I hope Josh Davis wasn't hurt badly.

WSUWILDCAT

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:49 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 pm
Its our retro logo, used to have it on our helmets back in the day. It's actually very popular among Weber fans and many (including myself actually) would like to see it used as the permanent football helmet logo.

The arrow signifies moving forward, so when they're on offense the idea is to push forward to the score whereas on defense it signifies pushing the opposing offense backwards.

WSUWILDCAT

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:52 pm

catbooster wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:26 pm
WSUWILDCAT wrote:

Time will tell I guess.

Go Weber!

Thank you! And congrats on the win. Your defense amazed the crap out of me tonight. Game planned us perfectly. Which really isnt difficult since we're offensively inept. It appears our season is over so I will wish you guys good luck. I've always respected the Northern Cats and would rather see you guys win the conference than the griz or Eastern.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:57 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:52 pm
catbooster wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:26 pm
WSUWILDCAT wrote:

Time will tell I guess.

Go Weber!

Thank you! And congrats on the win. Your defense amazed the crap out of me tonight. Game planned us perfectly. Which really isnt difficult since we're offensively inept. It appears our season is over so I will wish you guys good luck. I've always respected the Northern Cats and would rather see you guys win the conference than the griz or Eastern.
You're a classy poster! Congrats on your bull.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Things great with the weebles. The one video board is enormous, love it. They have finished their football complex, it looks great. They have about 50 chearleaders. They are so much better than eweu, people and facilities.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic