CBS Sports FCS Power Rankings

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat80
BobcatNation Letterman

CBS Sports FCS Power Rankings

Post by Bobcat80 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:58 pm

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: CBS Sports FCS Power Rankings

Post by RickRund » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:39 pm

Interesting... Incarnate Word QB Ward the best QB in the FCS...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:20 pm

Sitting here in new orleans tonight watching tulane and houston. I think the cats would beat either team.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:42 am

seataccat wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Sitting here in new orleans tonight watching tulane and houston. I think the cats would beat either team.
Did you notice how many tackles robbie picked up in that game?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:54 am

RickRund wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:42 am
seataccat wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Did you notice how many tackles robbie picked up in that game?
Haha, not officially but i'm sure it was few.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

MSUBRONCO
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUBRONCO » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:08 am

Best team in big sky like sound of that

Bobcat80
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat80 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:27 pm

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:53 pm

Well deserved in my opinion but we’ll know a lot more tomorrow night.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:43 am

Nice to see the Cats getting some attention, but I think we need to win tonight to deserve a top five ranking.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:22 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:43 am
Nice to see the Cats getting some attention, but I think we need to win tonight to deserve a top five ranking.
Weber is a good, not great team. Pretty overrated on D and not at all together on O. Top 20 team for sure...but not in sniffing distance of the Top 10. Cats need to win this one by at least 2 scores to be in the conversation with those Top 5 teams.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:43 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:22 pm
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Weber is a good, not great team. Pretty overrated on D and not at all together on O. Top 20 team for sure...but not in sniffing distance of the Top 10. Cats need to win this one by at least 2 scores to be in the conversation with those Top 5 teams.
Agreed. With who the Cats have played so far, there is no justifiable way to put them at 3.
A solid win tonight gets them a step closer, but 3 is quite frankly laughable at this point in the season.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 pm

onceacat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
I believe they get a couple injured DLinemen back this week. Plus their QB. Its not gonna be a cakewalk tonight.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:54 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 pm
onceacat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
I believe they get a couple injured DLinemen back this week. Plus their QB. Its not gonna be a cakewalk tonight.
I agree. I think we'll see the Weber tonight we thought we'd see at the beginning of the season. Having said that, I think the expectation for this Bobcat team is top 5 in the country and possibly top 1-3. I don't think it's a cakewalk, but if MSU is where I think they might be, it should be a close but definitive win. If it's a loss, I think this team belongs outside the top 8 or so and hoping like crazy for a bye Thanksgiving weekend. My thought is that this team is good enough to win this, even on the road after a short week against a hungry team with guys coming back.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:06 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:54 pm
91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
I agree. I think we'll see the Weber tonight we thought we'd see at the beginning of the season. Having said that, I think the expectation for this Bobcat team is top 5 in the country and possibly top 1-3. I don't think it's a cakewalk, but if MSU is where I think they might be, it should be a close but definitive win. If it's a loss, I think this team belongs outside the top 8 or so and hoping like crazy for a bye Thanksgiving weekend. My thought is that this team is good enough to win this, even on the road after a short week against a hungry team with guys coming back.
Thats about where I am. If this isn't a definitive, statement style win for the Cats, then we are in for a tough November. EWU & UM are both a lot tougher match up than Weebs, so if its close in the 4th,or the Cats need to pull out a come from behind win, thats a really bad sign for getting home games in the playoffs.

I called 30-17 in the predictions page. I'm sticking with it. Cats are down 17-14 at recess, but pitch a shutout in the second half & pull away at the end of the 3rd.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:18 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:06 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Thats about where I am. If this isn't a definitive, statement style win for the Cats, then we are in for a tough November. EWU & UM are both a lot tougher match up than Weebs, so if its close in the 4th,or the Cats need to pull out a come from behind win, thats a really bad sign for getting home games in the playoffs.

I called 30-17 in the predictions page. I'm sticking with it. Cats are down 17-14 at recess, but pitch a shutout in the second half & pull away at the end of the 3rd.
Disagree. The only thing that matters is a W tonight. Whatever it takes, win by one point, triple OT... I don't care! We get a W tonight and we are sitting in a really good place.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:03 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
You called it Kenneth.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: