Root sports

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Root sports

Post by PapaG » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:19 pm

Bobcatstan wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:10 am
DirecTV stream doesn't have free trial, and , yes, the cheapest package with root sports is 84.99. but, if you cancel within 14 days, you get a full refund. I'll probably do same thing under a different email address for cat/griz
I’ll either go to the game in Missoula or to the Portland alumni party. Just keep winning!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:20 pm

js1010 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:16 pm
I was able to watch on ESPN+ on my computer after using a VPN server in New York.
I tried that, too. Didn’t work for me. I tried a server in Dallas and then one in Norway. :-k

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:45 pm

You will be blacked out if you are in ROOT Sports footprint OR ATT Sports. It’s not just ROOT.

We only have one more game on ROOT to worry about - Cat Griz. No different than any other year.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

catzz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catzz » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:04 pm

I ended up paying $95 for Direct TV Stream. It has a 14 day cancellation/money back option. I was able to share the log in with another freeloading bobcat fan in a different city and we both streamed it fine. I'll report back on the money back... This will be an issue with Bobcat/Griz as well.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Loved ESPN+ carried the Root broadcast!
Root>Mountain West broadcast.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:36 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:23 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:11 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:53 pm
I assume the blackout depends where you are located. Normally the Root NW game would not be on here in southern Nevada, but we are probably in the Cal Poly blackout area. I wish Root/AT&T would come up with a streaming option. They must be the last outlet in the world that doesn’t have one — literally. It was easier to watch Fallyn Freije play basketball in Sweden. The Big Sky might want to make streaming a bullet point come renegotiation time. We probably again will not be able to watch ‘Cat-griz here, at least not live.
It’s blacked out in Texas! I think this is an ESPN error and I hope the people at MSU/BSC, that worked out these deals, address it so it doesn’t pop up again. Frustrating
This is very frustrating. I am up at 3 am in the morning, watching the griz game because the subscription says I'm blacked out too. Last week it worked, this week it doesn't. ESPN may not care much but I hope MSU does what it can to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'm going to bed.
Apparently you are too far away, Texas is too close, but New York is just right. Goldilocks mode. This really does sound like an ESPN problem. I can understand the blackouts in the Root coverage area, which turned out to be here, since ESPN+ carried the Root feed and I was able to pick it up on the AT&T SportsNet cable channel. I never thought of using my phone or my VPN. Good tricks, but this should not be tricky.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:11 pm

Will we still be blacked out for replays?

Sports is not bigger than life

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:39 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:11 pm
I was wondering the same thing. I had some stuff going on today so I knew I’d miss the first half. I was pretty disappointed to get home to watch the second half and couldn’t on ESPN+

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:54 pm

js1010 wrote:
I was able to watch on ESPN+ on my computer after using a VPN server in New York.
I have had really good luck with ESPN+.

For future reference, this game was blacked out here, Idaho, but I set my VPN to Florida on my laptop and it worked fine. I found it interesting that I had to try two or three different VPN networks before I found one that worked. It wouldn’t work on my iPad or iPhone but it worked on my laptop.Then I hooked my laptop up to my big screen with an HDMI cable. Hopefully the same thing will work for the Cat/griz game.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:59 pm

tetoncat wrote:
ESPN+ wrote: “This content is not available for your package or region.”
Apparently yes.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:10 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:54 pm
js1010 wrote:
I have had really good luck with ESPN+.

For future reference, this game was blacked out here, Idaho, but I set my VPN to Florida on my laptop and it worked fine. I found it interesting that I had to try two or three different VPN networks before I found one that worked. It wouldn’t work on my iPad or iPhone but it worked on my laptop.Then I hooked my laptop up to my big screen with an HDMI cable. Hopefully the same thing will work for the Cat/griz game.
The Alumni are having the party at Jack and Dan's in Spokane if nothing works out. I sure do miss Pluto..
How about SWX?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:20 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:59 pm
tetoncat wrote:
ESPN+ wrote: “This content is not available for your package or region.”
Apparently yes.
VPN running through Phoenix is getting the replay!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:27 pm

If you are anywhere here, you will be blacked out I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_SportsNet

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:50 am

I’m not trying to be captain obvious but isn’t it very bad that in order to watch the biggest sporting event in the state (the Brawl) you’ll apparently have to have a Direct TV stream/subscription? Or have the technical know how to use a VPN located across the country......really?????

How many viewers have Dish? How many viewers have just ‘over the air’ reception? How many have paid for ESPN+?

What’s next.....pay per view for the Brawl😟

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:23 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:50 am
I’m not trying to be captain obvious but isn’t it very bad that in order to watch the biggest sporting event in the state (the Brawl) you’ll apparently have to have a Direct TV stream/subscription? Or have the technical know how to use a VPN located across the country......really?????

How many viewers have Dish? How many viewers have just ‘over the air’ reception? How many have paid for ESPN+?

What’s next.....pay per view for the Brawl😟
You nailed it. Both schools better put their heads together and use some pull make Cat griz available to all Montanans that own a TV. And make it easy for all who no longer reside here to stream it.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:04 am

Guys this isn’t any different than any other year the Brawl has been on ROOT.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:07 am

CelticCat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:04 am
I was wondering that, thanks. Cat griz is on ROOT every single year so whatever you normally do to watch it, I assume is still going to work.

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:18 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:07 am
CelticCat wrote:
I was wondering that, thanks. Cat griz is on ROOT every single year so whatever you normally do to watch it, I assume is still going to work.
I think your wrong. I live outside Bozeman with no cable. I have Dish TV. I wanted to record yesterday's game and it wasn't on Dish TV. Since it was Root production as will the Cat griz game be, why do you think it will be the same as past years? Unless local channels are able to carry it, what makes you think it won't be blacked out like this game. I hope I'm wrong.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:32 am

It would be great bring on root, just like in the past! Except now dish doesn’t carry root tv anymore. I am already scrambling to make a plan to watch the game

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:54 am

rivercat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:18 am
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:07 am
CelticCat wrote:
I think your wrong. I live outside Bozeman with no cable. I have Dish TV. I wanted to record yesterday's game and it wasn't on Dish TV. Since it was Root production as will the Cat griz game be, why do you think it will be the same as past years? Unless local channels are able to carry it, what makes you think it won't be blacked out like this game. I hope I'm wrong.
I have Dish and that has worked in the past but not yesterday and likely not for the Brawl. However, I think that when the 2 publicly funded Universities in the state play each other in the most watched sporting event every year you shouldn’t have to be subscribed to any TV provider/service. It should be easy to watch the Brawl and free to the public. This year it appears you need to have not only an expensive TV provider service but a specific (Direct TV) provider service, or the IT streaming know how on VPN manipulation....unbelievable