Some things will never change

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Some things will never change

Post by Cledus » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:40 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:50 pm
CPACAT wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 pm
Seems we as fans have gotten pretty disrespectful of some our opponents based upon comments I have seen. PSU has players on scholarship, they work out and practice like we do. They pay coaches who recruit and try to win games. Is seems pretty damn arrogant to bitch because we don’t dominate like you think we should. There is a reason they actually play the games.
I was one of those guys. Not arrogant. Just expected to win by a few scores. Nothing against PSU, but we just have more talent?

Today I saw a 60 point win, a few 50 point wins, couple 40 point wins. Countless 20-30 point wins.

Personally I thought we should have been in that realm. Not arrogant. Not cocky. Not anything. Just thought we should have been better
We beat PSU by basically the same margin as FBS schools Hawaii and Washington State. We also arguably did a better job statistically than those two teams. This was a solid win in a crappy playing environment.
And as someone previously mentioned in this thread, we knelt on the ball with only five yards to go for another touchdown.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:33 pm

We beat a FCS team from a very good FCS conference. That's good. We may even move up in the rankings. College football creates some strange stuff.

Take for instance Mountain West Conference member Fresno State, which was rated 22nd in the FBS AP Poll last week. They just barely beat UNLV, arguably one of the worst teams at the FBS level, and they moved up to 18th in today's poll. Who'd of thunk it?

College football is loaded with ugly wins every week. That's FCS win #3.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Until 2019 what I saw from NDSU teams is the same formula. RUN THE ROCK. Physical running teams don't vacate the game plan as soon as the other team forces a three and out. If you remember the Choate years we did the same thing only we had Troy on third down running the ball.
If you remember, before Trey Lance, NDSU did the same thing. Run the ball until plays started opening up. The only difference is maybe it started opening up before halftime in most cases.
What I'm saying is, I think Vigen and Housewright have an idea of what they are doing. Heck, even with Josh Allen I don't think Wyoming was pass happy. You just don't go away from your game plan unless you don't have any confidence in your defense. Obviously Vigen didn't panic like a lot of us at home did!

2024 Resume dominance

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:30 pm

That was a dominant second half. Cats won by the spread even with the victory formation at the PSU 10 to end the game. The D held PSU to their lowest point total on the season, which included two FBS teams.

Very strange thread.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Imagine being a fan of a team that has to complain about losses.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:44 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:33 pm
We beat a FCS team from a very good FCS conference. That's good. We may even move up in the rankings. College football creates some strange stuff.

Take for instance Mountain West Conference member Fresno State, which was rated 22nd in the FBS AP Poll last week. They just barely beat UNLV, arguably one of the worst teams at the FBS level, and they moved up to 18th in today's poll. Who'd of thunk it?

College football is loaded with ugly wins every week. That's FCS win #3.
Massey already updated his rankings and we moved up three spots to #10. https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:16 pm
The game was definitely closer than what I would have liked, but it’s not like we can play UM every week.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:53 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Ha. Exactly!

Posters on this message board never cease to amaze me.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:00 pm

bpcats20 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:54 pm
Couple of things… think Coulter was right MSU may not be designing runs to take advantage of who we have in offensive line. We were more creative in the run game in years past.

We also have some 1st coordinators or very inexperienced coordinators. There are going to be some growing pains.

I can see us being a solid team but not a great team.

Griz are currently about 5 steps ahead in how they are playing right now…
I'd say... they are looking pretty good, but one or two steps ahead of the Cats based on the performances yesterday... not five. We'll see how that all world defense looks against EWU come Saturday night. I bet you EWU puts up quite a few points.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:46 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:41 pm
Yessss. This is so true. Maybe celebrate a good win a little?? 🤔

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:52 pm

Somethings will never change… Like for instance the griz are awesome and the Cats suck. Seems like that’s the way it’s been the last 4 or 5 years. :lol: :lol:

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi