Backup QBs

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Backup QBs

Post by catatac » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:38 pm

Rovig is awesome, a proven commodity. Mellott's run yesterday was awesome! He's fast. Bauman? Wow - he looked pretty damn good yesterday as well. I was quite surprised by his running, moves, speed, and toughness! We are in very good hands at QB. Pretty important position. :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Backup QBs

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:55 pm

Instead of RPOs, how about some PPO plays? Pass / pass options. Two quarterbacks. Better than a Wildcat, more of a Double Bobcat. I’m sure a creative coordinator could draw up something interesting. It’s awesome to have these guys. It may pay off big-time down the stretch. If nothing else we should have less used-up quarterbacks ten games in.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:12 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:55 pm
Instead of RPOs, how about some PPO plays? Pass / pass options. Two quarterbacks. Better than a Wildcat, more of a Double Bobcat. I’m sure a creative coordinator could draw up something interesting. It’s awesome to have these guys. It may pay off big-time down the stretch. If nothing else we should have less used-up quarterbacks ten games in.
That would be a great idea. I saw rovig line up at wr a couple times in the cal poly game in 2019.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:26 pm

It’s the perfect two QBs situation. MSU will be the first to perfect it.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:28 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:26 pm
It’s the perfect two QBs situation. MSU will be the first to perfect it.
So, football technicians — can you draw up some useful Double Bobcat formations? I’m interested to see what could be done with this wealth of QBs.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:31 am

seataccat wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:12 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:55 pm
That would be a great idea. I saw rovig line up at wr a couple times in the cal poly game in 2019.
That was a Wildcat setup, so they could keep like Rovig and Jonsen on the field and not allow the defense a chance to counter when they saw who the trigger man would be.